William Bury website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

But McKenzie was in all likelihood not a Ripper victim.
    Hello John,

You’re probably unaware of this but Baron is even more keen on the sweeping statement than most. Especially if he thinks it will eliminate Druitt or devalue anything said by Macnaghten. It’s a bit of an recurring theme with him to say the least. And so in his world there is no debate or discussion.....Mackenzie was categorically a victim of JTR. Proven......case closed.

Of course anyone more reasonable sees that this just isn’t the case. It is something that we cannot know. She might have been, she might not have been. I’d say that more would be against than for. Therefore her murder cannot be used to eliminate anyone. Unfortunately for The Baron.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Hello John,

You’re probably unaware of this but Baron is even more keen on the sweeping statement than most. Especially if he thinks it will eliminate Druitt or devalue anything said by Macnaghten. It’s a bit of an recurring theme with him to say the least. And so in his world there is no debate or discussion.....Mackenzie was categorically a victim of JTR. Proven......case closed.

Of course anyone more reasonable sees that this just isn’t the case. It is something that we cannot know. She might have been, she might not have been. I’d say that more would be against than for. Therefore her murder cannot be used to eliminate anyone. Unfortunately for The Baron.
      You`re not a Remainer are you, by any chance HS?
      I ask because, the latest poll is 41% yes she was a victim of the Ripper, and 33% say no.
      In old money, more people think she was a victim of the Ripper

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post

You`re not a Remainer are you, by any chance HS?
        I ask because, the latest poll is 41% yes she was a victim of the Ripper, and 33% say no.
        In old money, more people think she was a victim of the Ripper
        Fair point Jon. I guessed when I should have checked.

We still can’t disprove or prove anything though based on Mackenzie definitely being the ripper.
        Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 08-02-2019, 09:06 AM. Reason: Removed a duplicated word.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

We still can’t disprove or prove anything though based on Mackenzie definitely being the ripper though.
          True, but this can be said of all the Ripper murders.
          None are definite, are they ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post

True, but this can be said of all the Ripper murders.
            None are definite, are they ?
            I’d agree with that Jon. There’s very little we can be absolutely certain of.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Hi Wyatt

I just don't think the case against Bury is watertight. The signature evidence is not strong enough in my opinion.

Cheers John
              Ok, thanks. When someone like Dr. Stuart Hamilton speaks in support of the signature evidence, I think that should give you and Herlock and the Baron and others confidence that this is good evidence and that you can rely on it in making a determination of the Ripper’s identity. I’m not aware of any expert on signature analysis who has questioned Dr. Hamilton’s assessment or my assessment of this evidence. As a field, we need to accept the result in this case, and move on.

Let’s imagine for a moment that we had legitimate DNA evidence placing Aaron Kosminski at 5 of the C6 crime scenes. What would the great debate about whether the Ripper had a medical background matter anymore? It would have been proven that he did not. In the case of William Bury, we have “behavioral DNA” placing him at 5 of the C6 crime scenes. It has been proven now that the Ripper did not have a medical background, was not Jewish and was not a resident of the area, and it has been proven now that McKenzie was not a Ripper victim. None of these debates matter anymore.

“When a major serial killer case is finally solved and all the paperwork completed, police are sometimes amazed at how obvious the killer was and how they were unable to see what was right before their noses.” —Robert D. Keppel and William J. Birnes, The Psychology of Serial Killer Investigations

William Bury, Victorian Murderer
              http://www.williambury.org

Comment

I should have checked.

You do this often, you post randomly anything, then you check!

Try to learn.

The Baron
                Last edited by The Baron; 08-02-2019, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Baron View Post

You do this often, you post randomly anything, then you check!

Try to learn.

The Baron
                  That’s a lie. Stop employing the pathetic and dishonest tactic of trying to discredit me or others in an attempt to bolster your own views. At least I’ll admit to an error (which was a very minor one) which is something that I can prove that you refuse to do. It’s called integrity as I’ve pointed out to you numerous times.
                  Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 08-02-2019, 11:54 AM.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

But McKenzie was in all likelihood not a Ripper victim.
                    Prostitute
                    Killed in Whitechapel
                    Unknown killer
                    Abdomen mutilated
                    Left carotid artery severed
                    Skirts raised

Ellen Bury was more likely a domestic than a Ripper murder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post

Prostitute
                      Killed in Whitechapel
                      Unknown killer
                      Abdomen mutilated
                      Left carotid artery severed
                      Skirts raised

Ellen Bury was more likely a domestic than a Ripper murder.
                      You don't know Ellen Bury was a domestic murder. And if McKenzie was a Ripper murder why the big gap between McKenzie and the C5?

Comment

You don't know Ellen Bury was a domestic murder.
                        She was murdered by her husband, so yeah.

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                        And if McKenzie was a Ripper murder why the big gap between McKenzie and the C5?
                        We've been over this, John. Since we don't know the killer's movements, how can we say when he should've stopped/started?

Comment

She was murdered by her husband, so yeah.

We've been over this, John. Since we don't know the killer's movements, how can we say when he should've stopped/started?
                          I meant a domestic murder not committed by the Ripper. Well in my opinion there is a big gap between the C5 and McKenzie murder and I and others rule McKenzie out on this basis.

Comment

I meant a domestic murder not committed by the Ripper. Well in my opinion there is a big gap between the C5 and McKenzie murder and I and others rule McKenzie out on this basis.
                            It's not a big gap compared to other serial killers who have taken breaks or been out of action. It's terribly close-minded to rule victims out on that basis.

Comment

It's not a big gap compared to other serial killers who have taken breaks or been out of action. It's terribly close-minded to rule victims out on that basis.
                              Not when you consider the small gaps between the C5 and the extent that Mary Jane Kelly was mutilated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wyatt Earp View Post

Ok, thanks. When someone like Dr. Stuart Hamilton speaks in support of the signature evidence, I think that should give you and Herlock and the Baron and others confidence that this is good evidence and that you can rely on it in making a determination of the Ripper’s identity. I’m not aware of any expert on signature analysis who has questioned Dr. Hamilton’s assessment or my assessment of this evidence. As a field, we need to accept the result in this case, and move on.

Let’s imagine for a moment that we had legitimate DNA evidence placing Aaron Kosminski at 5 of the C6 crime scenes. What would the great debate about whether the Ripper had a medical background matter anymore? It would have been proven that he did not. In the case of William Bury, we have “behavioral DNA” placing him at 5 of the C6 crime scenes. It has been proven now that the Ripper did not have a medical background, was not Jewish and was not a resident of the area, and it has been proven now that McKenzie was not a Ripper victim. None of these debates matter anymore.

Utter drivel.

You can parade as many tame experts that want it makes no difference. Making statements like - we need to accept the results and move on - is blatantly dishonest. One ‘expert’ speaks and that’s it. You need to take off the Bury blinkers. I read through your list of signatures previously and not without a smile. This is shoehorning. Clutching at straws. Are signatures considered by the overwhelming majority as absolutely infallible pointers to guilt. If the answer to that is no - and it is - then you’re confidence is misplaced and probably intentionally so.

Theres not a single, solitary shred of actual evidence that Bury was the ripper. None. He’s of interest because of the type of person that he was, his habits, where he was at the time and the fact that he killed his wife and a vastly different way than his wife.

He killed his wife and stuck her in a box.
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X