writing on the wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by erobitha View Post

There is good evidence to suggest it was written specifically using Talc or otherwise called ‘French Chalk’. It was commonly used amongst Tailors (and the rag trade in general) but it was also used in food by unscrupulous vendors to make things whiter - like bread.

Graffiti was common enough but it would have been far less cryptic than this. Who exactly was it for if it was not written by Jack? I do not believe the apron and graffiti to be found together as a coincidence.
    some good points there.
    i just sharpened my scissors and the thought was there between 5-7 inches and a pointed end,
    i read perhaps a doctor claiming a long pointed blade used ,
    as was pointed out to us that P C Long had not seen the writing earlier in the evening on his beet i presume.
    that from official source wipes clean my theory of a tenant a jewish one saying it,s not us.

Comment

i have read also the Juwes being changed to James and on documentary with Michael Winner .

Comment

Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post

I believe the police did if fact question the residents about the writing,....
        It was the City police who went door-to-door within the tenament, but we don't know what they asked the residents.

The thing that make me think it was the Ripper. is if it had been there previously, surely someone whom might have been offended by it would certainly have removed it, and that no one came forward to say it was there before that night in question.
        But that's assuming they even bothered to read it, and why should they if it was so small as was described by Halse.
        And, like I said, how many adult Jews could read English anyway?

It's another huge assumption to expect everybody will read any piece of graffiti, every day, every time they pass.
        The truth is more likely they couldn't be bothered, to begin with they know from instinct it isn't going to be complimentary, just more ignorant scribble from local lowlife's?

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Do people generally attempt to remove offending graffiti or do they tend to write a response (usually in the form of a **** you) right next to it?

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by milchmanuk View Post

hi
            so this means JtR is carrying chalk ?....

Like what, a part-time schoolteacher might do?

Any part-time schoolteacher's on the suspect list?

Oops....

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by erobitha View Post

Graffiti was common enough but it would have been far less cryptic than this.
              It's possible we think it is cryptic because the sentence structure is different compared to how we would write it today.

Who exactly was it for if it was not written by Jack? ....
              Any disgruntled local that feels he was cheated by a Jew for whatever reason.

Remember, it wasn't scribbled across a wall in huge letters for the world to see. It was a small cheeky complaint against Jews in general.

The apron was dumped in full view as an attention-getter, yet the graffiti was quite the opposite.
              It was so small it had to be looked for. The two are a contradiction to each other.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                Do people generally attempt to remove offending graffiti or do they tend to write a response (usually in the form of a **** you) right next to it?

c.d.
                It all depends how old they are, possibly?
                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

i have read also the Juwes being changed to James and on documentary with Michael Winner .
                  "The James are the men who will not be blamed for nothing"

Say it out loud. It's nonsense.
                  Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Remember, it wasn't scribbled across a wall in huge letters for the world to see. It was a small cheeky complaint against Jews in general.

The apron was dumped in full view as an attention-getter, yet the graffiti was quite the opposite.
                    It was so small it had to be looked for. The two are a contradiction to each other.
                    The killer is wanting to be physically inconspicuous. Writing in huge letters as you suggest would have involved more movement and possibly drawn attention to the writer. For the actual message i suspect he was hunched over or bent down to keep from being seen.

There was a Jewish related incident involving stride an hour earlier. There was a Jewish related insult on the wall by a piece of apron that came from definite ripper victim. Come one, the chances of these two things being unrelated must be slim.
                    Last edited by Aethelwulf; 06-27-2022, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aethelwulf View Post

The killer is wanting to be physically inconspicuous. Writing in huge letters as you suggest would have involved more movement and possibly drawn attention to the writer. For the actual message i suspect he was hunched over or bent down to keep from being seen.

There was a Jewish related incident involving stride an hour earlier. There was a Jewish related insult on the wall by a piece of apron that came from definite ripper victim. Come one, the chances of these two things being unrelated must be slim.
                      A "Jewish related incident"?, isn't that a watered down description of what happened?

I mean, how do we place blame on Jews for the murder of Stride?
                      - Because, it happened next to a club run by Jews?
                      - Because, BS-man was Jewish? (was he?, how would the killer know that?)
                      - Or, because, an apparently Jewish-looking witness (Schwartz) fled past the gateway, and ran off into the night, before the murder?
                      - Or, because the 'clip-clop' of a horse & cart coming down the street caused the killer break off the assault? (How could the killer have known the driver was Jewish?)
                      It seems quite a stretch to try place blame on Jews for the interruption? of Stride's murder.

And, why are we to suppose the graffiti referred to the first murder (not the second), when the apron deposited nearby is connected to the second murder?
                      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

"The James are the men who will not be blamed for nothing"

Say it out loud. It's nonsense.
                        One may wonder how Michael Winner managed to sell that hypothesis?
                        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Like what, a part-time schoolteacher might do?

Any part-time schoolteacher's on the suspect list?

Oops....
                          hi you thinking of druid i mean Druit ,
                          chalk and knives he,s got quite a kit , like todays killers with tape rope and sky masks

Comment

supposed to read SKI but i couldn't hit a 6 with reply to

Comment

hi you thinking of druid i mean Druit ,
                              chalk and knives he,s got quite a kit , like todays killers with tape rope and sky masks
                              It was more sarcasm than anything.
                              Druitt wouldn't have had a problem with access to knives, his father being a surgeon.
                              He isn't my No.1 suspect, it's just he can't easily be ruled out, and he is of the class that I think the real killer belonged to, and if he carried a bag it had to be for a reason

There is a press report about one suspect who carried a black leather bag, he was detained, and the bag was opened. The police pulled out some scissors, I think a knife & what they called a 'life-preserver' which today we call a cosh. Something to bash people over the head with.
                              So, it's just one example of what some people used black leather bags for.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

It was more sarcasm than anything.
                                Druitt wouldn't have had a problem with access to knives, his father being a surgeon.
                                He isn't my No.1 suspect, it's just he can't easily be ruled out, and he is of the class that I think the real killer belonged to, and if he carried a bag it had to be for a reason

There is a press report about one suspect who carried a black leather bag, he was detained, and the bag was opened. The police pulled out some scissors, I think a knife & what they called a 'life-preserver' which today we call a cosh. Something to bash people over the head with.
                                So, it's just one example of what some people used black leather bags for.
                                your very knowledgeable. which i really like. i use a spell correct to type my fingers also keep missing.i was going to choose " witch" which is a bit cheesy.
                                but suspects , seeing were never going to know, who would be yours. wickerman .
                                also the cosh word. on the street at one time in the past coshing someone could also druging them.

Comment

Working...
                                X