• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Bundy's Eyes
    replied
    Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
    Exactly.

The whole Anderson/Swanson Seaside Home story is Major BS.
    Yeah, it makes no sense, and that's from a guy who's first serious opinions were based on Anderson's ascertations. But if Anderson was so wrong, what did Swanson mean? Is he supporting Anderson, or are they both totally wrong? To say Major BS requires some major explanation as to why, not for Anderson, but for Swanson. Was he wrong, forgetful, or misleading? He can be wrong, that's ok, but why exactly? I'd go for a desire to call closure on an unsolved case, that's human frailty. But it's not Major BS.

Leave a comment:

• Simon Wood
    replied
    Exactly.

The whole Anderson/Swanson Seaside Home story is Major BS.

Leave a comment:

• Al Bundy's Eyes
    replied
    Well, like I said, it wasn't a solid conclusion. It's also getting into the Anderson statement being bang on accurate. And that's not agreed on. But Swanson backs it up in his marginalia. Or not. Good lord.

Leave a comment:

• Simon Wood
    replied
    If “the only person who ever had a good view of the murderer” was a City policeman, he must also have been Jewish and, at the time of Kosminski’s identification, recuperating in a Seaside Home, where the suspect was “sent” to see the witness.

Leave a comment:

• Al Bundy's Eyes
    replied
    Bridewell made a good post elsewhere on this subject. His idea being it was the City PC who was at seaside home. Not that he was pushing it as fact, just a theory. I'd buy into a theory that a City PC saw Jack and shat himself. They'd cover that up, quicker than the smell of his sharted PC blues.

Leave a comment:

• miakaal4
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post

Or as the Seaside Home story would have us believe, because of his visible ethnicity?
    But it didn't matter when they thought it was Pizer. Or when they rousted the Jewish club where Strides body was found? I cannot believe that.

Leave a comment:

• Michael W Richards
    replied
    Originally posted by miakaal4 View Post
    Just like to toss this one in here see what you guys make of it. Simple questions; Why would Crawford want Lawende's description never to be revealed? Why instead,was the false description leaked to the Press and copied in the Police Gazette? How can it help to catch JtR by keeping what he looked like secret? If Lawende had said; 5'9" dark hair, big nose, and bowler. How could publishing that hinder the police? My theory is it wasn't what he looked like that was kept secret, it was something that identified him as a Free Mason. Like a watch charm showing the compass? Any thoughts?
    Or as the Seaside Home story would have us believe, because of his visible ethnicity?

Leave a comment:

• Al Bundy's Eyes
    replied
    One trouser leg up to the knee?

Leave a comment:

• miakaal4
    replied
    Just like to toss this one in here see what you guys make of it. Simple questions; Why would Crawford want Lawende's description never to be revealed? Why instead,was the false description leaked to the Press and copied in the Police Gazette? How can it help to catch JtR by keeping what he looked like secret? If Lawende had said; 5'9" dark hair, big nose, and bowler. How could publishing that hinder the police? My theory is it wasn't what he looked like that was kept secret, it was something that identified him as a Free Mason. Like a watch charm showing the compass? Any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• John Wheat
    replied
    Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

I don't buy the 'remorse' angle, not for a serial killer.
    I'm not saying it's not possible, I just don't buy it.

Neither do I buy the theory that Druitt might have been so worried he was going insane like his mother - so, killed himself, no.

I do think Howells & Skinner were heading down the right track, someone might have found out it was Druitt and dealt with it the only way they could, to save reputations & the family name.

All that said, I think you know I favor the Britannia-man as the killer. Not that he couldn't be Druitt, but the man was described as having an awkward gait, and 'funny' eyes.
    I can't see an accomplished cricketer having an awkward gait.
    Didn't the suspect Wentworth Bellsmith have an awkward gait?

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

lol. i could. many athletes have an awkwerd gait aka as a limp! and btw many depressed people commit suicde. druitt wasnt the ripper wick. not physically impossible but highly unlikely.
    There never will be a consensus on a suspect Abby, I'm fine with that.

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Neither do I buy the theory that Druitt might have been so worried he was going insane like his mother - so, killed himself, no.

I do think Howells & Skinner were heading down the right track, someone might have found out it was Druitt and dealt with it the only way they could, to save reputations & the family name.

All that said, I think you know I favor the Britannia-man as the killer. Not that he couldn't be Druitt, but the man was described as having an awkward gait, and 'funny' eyes.
    lol. i could. many athletes have an awkwerd gait aka as a limp! and btw many depressed people commit suicde. druitt wasnt the ripper wick. not physically impossible but highly unlikely.

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

interesting wick. care to expound?

Leave a comment:

• Scott Nelson
    replied
    Correction..it was a blitzkrieg bop 2 weeks in length.

Leave a comment:

• Michael W Richards
    replied
    Originally posted by Harry D View Post

You've made this point before, John.

Serial killers have been known to have cooling-off periods after bursts of activity. Some killers have gone years between murders.

That's without taking into account factors such as incarceration or sickness.
    Sure, if you presume we have a verified "series" of murders. We dont have that, by the way...but I think your correct about serial killers based on modern data. They can lurk in the shadows for long periods. I also think that 2 murders is barely enough to warrant a "series" designation, and to my eye only 2 murders within the Canonical Group can be logically and reasonable assigned to the same single killer. They happened 10 days apart. That guy didnt wait until the following year to kill again, and I dont see any solid evidence he killed Liz or Mary either. So....he either stops and stays, leaves, he dies or is caught. Most likely before Sept 30th.

This was a blitzkrieg 2 weeks in length, in my opinion. The rest is just presumption, mythology, speculation, and rhetoric.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X