• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you forget a smiley face?
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post

No one can answer the question, that's why.

Why did the Ripper take wombs from two of his victims and only the heart from another?
      The rational for cuts to the internal organs, is, the cuts facilitate the removal of those organs.
      Our question is, what is the rational for the cuts to the eyelids?
      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

The rational for cuts to the internal organs, is, the cuts facilitate the removal of those organs.
        Our question is, what is the rational for the cuts to the eyelids?
        he liked playing with his knife
        "Is all that we see or seem
        but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• The cuts are consistent with the killer using his blade tip to close the eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
            The cuts are consistent with the killer using his blade tip to close the eyes.
            There seem to be two cuts.

The right cut is under the eye.

The left cut is above the eyelid,for the most part.
            It extends onto the eyelid,as a result of removing the Xanthelasma from above the eyelid.

Re posting a picture from previous page as an example.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Xanthelasma picture.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	741050

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	800px-Xanthelasma.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	741055

Comment

• Don't you think the doctors could tell if tissue had been removed from the skin, as opposed to simple cuts?
                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Don't you think the doctors could tell if tissue had been removed from the skin, as opposed to simple cuts?
                  NO.

Have a look at the enlarged photo of Eddowes,as I described.

That drawing is not representative of the eye area.

Comment

• I now see the third cut ABOVE the left eyelid in the 'photo.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
                      I now see the third cut ABOVE the left eyelid in the 'photo.
                      Isn't this described by Brown as "a scratch"?

Comment

• Yep.Very thin straight line.

I missed it completely,until Wicky posted the sketch.

Comment

• Originally posted by miakaal4 View Post
                          Getting back to motivation, do you mind if we follow JtR's shoes for a bit? Of course this is all from the "What if?" school of History.
                          So here he is in Dutfields yard, he has just cut Liz Strides throat and as he was making the second cut, a bloody horse and cart turn up! He slinks into the darkness as the driver peers at Liz's body. Deimshutz jumps off his cart and runs into the building. He moves away quickly. It's a close call.
                          One of the reasons given for no one hearing Stride's (not very loud) screams, was the singing going on inside the club around that time.
                          A reasonable argument, but now let's turn that around - JtR can surely hear the singing.
                          According to Walter Dew, Fanny Mortimer would often stand on he doorstep to better hear the singing, which she apparently appreciated the sound of.
                          So why would Jack commit a murder in the driveway, and commence mutilation of the body, if any one of those singers could walk outside at any time?

Also, the notion of JtR slinking into the darkness, further up the driveway, was explicitly rejected by Diemshitz himself.
                          Andrew's the man, who is not blamed for nothing

Comment

• The singing was upstairs.

Exit would have been the front door.

Comment

• Eight days after surgery, stitches still in place.

No stitches for Eddowes?

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Pubs were closed before Stride was attacked.
                                According to The Star account of the Israel Schwartz incident...

[...] he [IS] crossed to the other side of the street. Before he had gone many yards, however, he heard the sound of a quarrel, and turned back to learn what was the matter, but just as he stepped from the kerb a second man came out of the doorway of the public-house a few doors off, and shouting out some sort of warning to the man who was with the woman, rushed forward as if to attack the intruder.
                                So how did the second man manage to emerge from the doorway of the beer house if it were closed at the time?
                                Was Pipeman (now Knifeman) the publican, an employee of the publican, or a friend of the publican who had stayed inside after the official closing time?
                                If any of these, why was Pipeman never located?
                                Andrew's the man, who is not blamed for nothing

Comment

Working...
                                X