Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    "Jim the Jabber" Perkins would terrorise the residents of Neasden by poking them with his collection of suggestive vegetables, escalating from okra through misshapen carrots to cucumbers. He evaded justice for five years until his arrest in 1997, when he was caught preparing to attack an old lady with a butternut squash in Gladstone Park.
    When are you writing the book Gareth
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

You'll find an excellent chapter about him in Roughage Justice, the definitive reference work on vegetable-related crime. Perkins' autobiography, Straight and Marrow, was embargoed by the Home Secretary when it became clear that his appeal had failed.
      “Roughage Justice.”

Quality.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by c.d. View Post
        Those are terrible crimes but at least he didn't try to burn the bodies. If so, you would think they would turnip somewhere. You would hate to see chard remains. He artichoke for that. Lettuce hope there are no copycats. I wonder if the details were leeked to the press?

Is he alive or dead? If dead, despite his crimes, I hope he is at peas.

c.d.

P.S. My apologies to all. Sam made me do it.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
          Yes indication of strngulation with Tabram. Indication of escalation/perfection in MO and clear pattern linking with later victims.
          That's right.
          Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
            That's right.
            Can you remind me where is the evidence that Tabram was strangled.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
              Can you remind me where is the evidence that Tabram was strangled.
              Method of Attack: Strangulation.

As a killer's modus operandi can alter, another avenue of evaluating Tabram's relation to these crimes is whether strangulation occurred. For strong evidence supports the Ripper strangled his victims, at some point, and then subsequently stabbed them afterwards. In the case of Tabram, Dr. Killeen seems to suggest otherwise. He testified at inquest that he believed all wounds were made while Tabram was alive and she then bled to death. Unfortunately, past this account, we have very little evidence, and nothing to tell us whether the primary indicator of strangulation was even checked - the fracture of the hyoid bone below the jaw. See Brian Innes, Bodies of Evidence (Reader's Digest 2000) at 96. The Illustrated Police News, 18 August 1888, however, did report that Tabram had received severe injuries to the head, the result of "being throttled while held down, and the face and head so swollen and distorted in consequence that her real features are not discernible." Along these same lines, we know as well that Tabram was found on her back, her hands clenched in a repose suggesting strangulation. See Sugden at 362. We likewise have the mortuary photograph, but given its black and white rendering, any inferences drawn from it are accordingly guesswork. That said, the photo does indicate swelling about Tabram's face, an obvious sign of asphyxia, due to raised pressure in the veins. See Innes at 94. It may as well show bruising, which would substantiate the Illustrated Police News report, but again, we have reached the culmination of the photo's usefulness.

Comment

Method of Attack: Strangulation.

As a killer's modus operandi can alter, another avenue of evaluating Tabram's relation to these crimes is whether strangulation occurred. For strong evidence supports the Ripper strangled his victims, at some point, and then subsequently stabbed them afterwards. In the case of Tabram, Dr. Killeen seems to suggest otherwise. He testified at inquest that he believed all wounds were made while Tabram was alive and she then bled to death. Unfortunately, past this account, we have very little evidence, and nothing to tell us whether the primary indicator of strangulation was even checked - the fracture of the hyoid bone below the jaw. See Brian Innes, Bodies of Evidence (Reader's Digest 2000) at 96. The Illustrated Police News, 18 August 1888, however, did report that Tabram had received severe injuries to the head, the result of "being throttled while held down, and the face and head so swollen and distorted in consequence that her real features are not discernible." Along these same lines, we know as well that Tabram was found on her back, her hands clenched in a repose suggesting strangulation. See Sugden at 362. We likewise have the mortuary photograph, but given its black and white rendering, any inferences drawn from it are accordingly guesswork. That said, the photo does indicate swelling about Tabram's face, an obvious sign of asphyxia, due to raised pressure in the veins. See Innes at 94. It may as well show bruising, which would substantiate the Illustrated Police News report, but again, we have reached the culmination of the photo's usefulness.

https://www.casebook.org/dissertations/dst-recanon.html
                I wonder why Killeen neglected to mention such a significant fact. Still, it's in black and white in a non-sensationalist newspaper, so it must be true. Provided it fits our theory, of course.

Comment

I wonder why Killeen neglected to mention such a significant fact. Still, it's in black and white in a non-sensationalist newspaper, so it must be true. Provided it fits our theory, of course.
                  There is plenty not mentioned by Killeen and this is a fact. There is a stab wound on her neck for example in the morgue picture and we know that he was withholding things. He gave the stab numbers and some locations as the cause of death but wasn't describing all of her injuries.

I already put up a comparison picture to Nichols.

I go with Sudgen on this as it has explanatory power for her morgue photograph unless you think the morgue assistants puffed up her face and pulled out her tongue.

Comment

There is plenty not mentioned by Killeen and this is a fact. There is a stab wound on her neck for example in the morgue picture and we know that he was withholding things. He gave the stab numbers and some locations as the cause of death but wasn't describing all of her injuries.

I already put up a comparison picture to Nichols.

I go with Sudgen on this as it has explanatory power for her morgue photograph unless you think the morgue assistants puffed up her face and pulled out her tongue.
                    Killeen mentioned everything he thought significant. As you say, he gave the stab numbers and he mentioned the location of those that had injured vital organs. That he didn't mention an individual stab in the neck doesn't warrant comparison with him not mentioning that there was clear evidence of strangulation. That would have been a huge omission.

I must have missed the photo of Tabram in life that shows you that in her post-mortem photo her face is 'puffed' up. Look at how 'puffed up' her neck is. My guess would be that in life she was somewhat puffy faced. As for pulling her tongue out - it's just about visible, it isn't 'out' anywhere.

Comment

As for pulling her tongue out - it's just about visible, it isn't 'out' anywhere.

Try passing that photo off with a pathologist for non-strangulation and I think you'll get a different opinion.

Comment

I wonder why Killeen neglected to mention such a significant fact. Still, it's in black and white in a non-sensationalist newspaper, so it must be true.
                        And, let's face it, you can't get much less sensationalist than the Illustrated Police News
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

And, let's face it, you can't get much less sensationalist than the Illustrated Police News
                          Doesn't make it false.

Comment

I must have missed the photo of Tabram in life that shows you that in her post-mortem photo her face is 'puffed' up. Look at how 'puffed up' her neck is. My guess would be that in life she was somewhat puffy faced.
                            She does seem to have been a bit of chubster, bless 'er.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Doesn't make it false.
                              Well, this bit was patently sensationalist nonsense: "the face and head [were] so swollen and distorted in consequence that her real features are not discernible".
                              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Well, this bit was patently sensationalist nonsense: "the face and head [were] so swollen and distorted in consequence that her real features are not discernible".
                                Where is your comparative shot to her normal features then?

Comment

Working...
                                X