No announcement yet.

From Hell Letter DECODED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the account details. We await the big announcement with ( almost ) bated breath.
    Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

• Funnily, Google pierre90180491 and you get RichardH's Twitter.
      I've had a scroll through, I recall Pierre making alot of noise about PC Mizen, and he/she mentions that on twitter. Maybe there is a book coming, maybe it will be a good read, but I expect it'll be another suspect book. Probably Mizen. Police conspiracy at any rate. I do wonder though, is this the same suspect Pierre originally had back in 2015 with the "I think I have him?" thread?
      Answers on a postcard.
      Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post
        Funnily, Google pierre90180491 and you get RichardH's Twitter.
        RichardH = That's my twitter account. Why 'Funnily'?

JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
        JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
        ---------------------------------------------------
        JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website
        ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by richardh View Post
          RichardH = That's my twitter account. Why 'Funnily'?
          As in, I expected to find Pierre's account, but you come up first because you quoted him or something.
          I wasn't implying that you're Pierre...
          Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

• Originally posted by richardh View Post
            I for one am still giving Pierre the benefit of the doubt and I'm hoping s/he comes forward with some interesting stuff... soon!
            I'll spoil it for you now.... he won't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigma View Post

And breaths held so long in waiting 'til we are blue in the face.
              Exactly the image I was thinking!

Comment

• Unbelievable that we are still giving him space. He contributed nothing while he was posting here why are so many fixated on him after he has gone?
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• This thread seems to be on its ways out, but it is an interesting letter. So..for the sake of continuing this thread, I believe that From Hell was most probably sent from Kates Killer, that he had some issues with Lusk either personally or professionally, and that Lusks stated fear and his delay in reporting this to the Police indicates that he believed it to be a threat to him personally.
                  Michael Richards

Comment

• Ok, here's my non-earth shattering view on the From Hell letter.

I don't think the letter starts with "Sor". I think it's been said that the writer may have been Irish and this how he pronounced it. Firstly, lots on people who have accents still spell words correctly - not phonetically. Although it may sound like Sor to us they think they're saying Sir. For example, in Oz we have lots of immigrants from India, and some pronounce their Vs as Ws i.e. they say Wery instead of Very. When they were to write it, they still write Very as that is what they are saying.
                    Therefore, I believe the first word to be Gov. I don't think this changes anything in particular, it just cleans up a misconception.
                    I grew up in the 70s learning who to write cursive, and although the hand written word is used less ands less nowadays I know that when I am in a rush (or intoxicated), the writing can become a little sloppy. I know I have written a capital G like this writer has. Also, this G (or S) if very (wery) different from the capital S he writes in Signed at the bottom of the letter. Also, his lower case v's are very narrow, as per the v in "it was very nise". He does write different versions of the letter r so that one's up for grabs. I still write different versions of the letter t at times.
                    I also believe he was a little tipsy when he wrote it which would explain the slightly sloppy writing and the Mishter.
                    If a fraudster wrote this, whilst tipsy, I think they would have thrown out the letter when they woke up in the morning...who hasn't written an email late at night, not sent it, re-read it the next day, and said "Wow, am I glad I didn't send that!".
                    I therefore am of the opinion that it is a JTR letter.

I await the barrage!

Comment

• We still await the big announcement of the hidden message in the letter. If the OP had the use of my namesake machine maybe we would have the answer already.
                      Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

• Lol. cant see the "big hidden message"coming... what did you think of my synopsis?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ven View Post
                          Ok, here's my non-earth shattering view on the From Hell letter.

I don't think the letter starts with "Sor". I think it's been said that the writer may have been Irish and this how he pronounced it. Firstly, lots on people who have accents still spell words correctly - not phonetically. Although it may sound like Sor to us they think they're saying Sir. For example, in Oz we have lots of immigrants from India, and some pronounce their Vs as Ws i.e. they say Wery instead of Very. When they were to write it, they still write Very as that is what they are saying.
                          Therefore, I believe the first word to be Gov. I don't think this changes anything in particular, it just cleans up a misconception.
                          I grew up in the 70s learning who to write cursive, and although the hand written word is used less ands less nowadays I know that when I am in a rush (or intoxicated), the writing can become a little sloppy. I know I have written a capital G like this writer has. Also, this G (or S) if very (wery) different from the capital S he writes in Signed at the bottom of the letter. Also, his lower case v's are very narrow, as per the v in "it was very nise". He does write different versions of the letter r so that one's up for grabs. I still write different versions of the letter t at times.
                          I also believe he was a little tipsy when he wrote it which would explain the slightly sloppy writing and the Mishter.
                          If a fraudster wrote this, whilst tipsy, I think they would have thrown out the letter when they woke up in the morning...who hasn't written an email late at night, not sent it, re-read it the next day, and said "Wow, am I glad I didn't send that!".
                          I therefore am of the opinion that it is a JTR letter.

I await the barrage!
                          Hi Ven,

Welcome to the forum and look forward to reading more of your theories.

Whilst I am in a agreement your conclusion that it is a genuine JTR letter - my reasons would be somewhat different to yours.

I am not a hand writing expert but the R in ‘Sor’ is very similar to other examples of the letter R being used in the rest of the letter and therefore I struggle to see that a V. Moreover, I also believe the S to be an S an not G. also in cockney parlance, something I grew up around, Gov would most likely be Guv anyway.

For what it’s worth I believe the writer to be trying to throw the reader off the scent by deliberately using phonetic language and strange mis-spellings when he spelt arguably more difficult words fine.

The real clue is the kidney - female, suffering from Bright’s disease and a perfect fit for Catherine Eddowes missing diseased kidney. The luck of a prankster to get such a similar and fresh kidney that also fit would be quite incredible - which to me means this letter is probably only one of the few real JTR letters.
                          Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
                          JayHartley.com

Comment

• Re the R(r) used in the letter,,,

The r in SOR is completely different to the r in, prasarved (the v in preserved backs my theory), fried and very.
                            I don't agree with Guv as Governor is Gov... regardless of what we may think now

Comment

• Also, re my point spelling Sir as Sor

Comment

• Originally posted by Ven View Post
                                Also, re my point spelling Sir as Sor
                                I just don’t see it but we can agree to disagree.

i would draw your attention to what I believe to be another genuine JTR letter which is the one which was sent 29th October to Dr Openshaw. The handwriting and style is incredibly similar to the From Hell letter. We also have the envelope with this letter. Plenty of letters to compare with this piece. This letter is signed as JTR this time but interestingly this letter was sent on a Monday, just like the From Hell letter.

Welcome again.
                                Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
                                JayHartley.com

Comment

Working...
                                X