Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Films (lists up to participating site members)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jonathan H View Post
    Rosemary's Baby (1968)
    An odd movie, Rosemary's Baby. It was supposed to be scary, a psychological thriller, but I thought they were trying to be campy. Because the bad guys, the satanists were ... old people. Huh? These folks are on social security. They watch Price is Right.

The final denoument, when they were saying all hail satan, yea. I'm like, ... senior citizens don't do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddy Goose View Post
      An odd movie, Rosemary's Baby. It was supposed to be scary, a psychological thriller, but I thought they were trying to be campy. Because the bad guys, the satanists were ... old people. Huh? These folks are on social security. They watch Price is Right.

The final denoument, when they were saying all hail satan, yea. I'm like, ... senior citizens don't do that.
      Why??
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• I think it's because they can't reach down to the floor to chalk the pentagram.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
          well that depends.. which Psycho do you mean... that re-make was pretty bad!!!!
          Didn't see the remake. I meant the first Psycho, by Hitchcock. I thought it was a really good film and worthy of a list.

I only have one complaint if I may. The rocking chair scene should have been the final. That would have rocked! Instead they had to have a shrink explain it to us.

Comment

• Hi Paddy

I see what you mean - it was a bit didactic. It's years since I saw it, but I think at least some explanation would be called for - after all, we did hear the mother's voice very clearly earlier in the film, and I think it needed something to show us that Norman could mimic his mother, even if it was just the 'wouldn't hurt a fly' scene.

Comment

• Anyone seen the Aussie movie Wolf Creek?
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• My favorite is picture snatcher, but also lady killer & high sierra

Comment

• Chaney

Hello Robert.

". . . the pentagram."

"The pentagram??!!!!"

"Even a man who is pure at heart,
                  and says his prayers by night . . ."

(heh-heh)

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

• Young Einstein

For me very special because much was shot in my area and I had so much fun spotting the locations I knew so well.
                    G U T

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                      Young Einstein

For me very special because much was shot in my area and I had so much fun spotting the locations I knew so well.
                      You know that's on my list.. I am Yahoo's biggest (and maybe only ) American fan.. I just wish he did more... 3 films was not enough!!!

Steadmund Brand
                      "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                        Hello Robert.

". . . the pentagram."

"The pentagram??!!!!"

"Even a man who is pure at heart,
                        and says his prayers by night . . ."

(heh-heh)

Cheers.
                        LC
                        hahah thank you so much for this!!! reminds me how funny society is... I have actually seen documentaries, and heard "learned people" recite that poem claiming it is an ancient poem, and folklore ...when in reality it was written by screenwriter Curt Siodmak for the 1941 film the Wolf Man…nothing more…so funny how Hollywood “changes” folklore, so much of what we know of Werewolves and Vampires we can thank Universal Studios for.. yet now there are college courses claiming these things are ancient legend ( the poem etc.) See, Film can be a very powerful medium

Steadmund Brand
                        "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• Poor tragic Larry Talbot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
                            Dial M For Murder
                            Dial M had a twist how it didn't quite work out they way it was drawn up

Comment

• I can't remember the ins and outs of Dial M, I only know that whenever I see it I enjoy it.

Not sure if that's the occasion when Hitchcock saw Grace Kelly in a gold dress and said, "There's hills in them thar gold."

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                                Anyone seen the Aussie movie Wolf Creek?
                                It was pretty good. I saw it on a rental several years ago.
                                This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X