best wishes

Phil
      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
      Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by tnb View Post

sometimes just being 'weird' is not enough
        Just being 'weird' is never anywhere near enough.

After all...one person's sanity is another person's insanity...it's all very subjective.

There has to be solid evidence put before a court of law.....as opposed to..."well....he dresses in black....and he has an interest in murder".

In order for justice to be served.....people like Barry George and the Americans girl in Italy should never have even been brought to court let alone charged with murder....as quite simply the evidence wasn't in place. In the case of Barry George....he dressed up in army gear and harrassed women.....that isn't evidence.....in the case of the American girl...she has been painted as a sexual deviant by the Italian media and police....well...yeah...she likes sex.....who doesn't?...and apparently she liked to leave used condoms lying around.....must be a killer then.

Comment

I am wondering how long before there is a cry for a ban on crossbows.

Let all Oz be agreed;
          I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by anna View Post
            Blimey!...just what I was going to type,Trevor.

Everything you've put is 100%..how on earth could he not have known he was on CCCTV...unless the residents take it for granted that it never gets viewed unless something happens like a break in..and that it just gets wiped every day or so.
            Hello, long time lurker, first time poster. I thought with my proximity to this case (I presume I live very close to Mr. Firth), it was about time I joined.

My job means that I have to visit houses in some of Bradford's most run down area's & I've had the misfortune of visiting this block of “apartments” on several occasions. I can assure you Griffiths knew he was on CCTV because every apartment can view the CCTV footage on there own TV.

Finally a few things from a local Bradford messageboard from someone who knew him well. You might find this interesting.

-----------------------------

I chuffing well know this 'person', know his background, know his personality, know he isn't a 'stranger' to violent crime. He wants this 'infamy', will be loving every second of it. I repeat: He shouldn't have been allowed his freedom, without being supervised and monitored closely.

I'm just very sorry that what i believed to be 'bluster' ultimately wasn't and I'll always regret not having done something before he did what he did. So I sit here, hating every second of it to be honest. Hoping any information I have is of some use in helping find the other victims quickly.

-------------------------------

I never really believed that a person could be pure evil! I thought it was something that you only really found in films and yes some people can be a bit weird and unsettling but I always try to see the best in people etc etc.

However, Mr Griffiths was the only person who has ever given me a shiver down the spine and made me feel really uncomfortable in his presence. In the last year-ish I would not attend somewhere where I knew he would be attending and i would make my excuses and leave if he was there when I didn't know he would be, sometimes I had to be there when he was and I really didn't like it.

Not everyone felt like me though. He certainly wasn't someone who you'd 'cross the road to avoid'. He's had at least 3 girlfriends in the time I've known him and was very concerned with his image to the point of narcissism. He managed to get a degree and onto a Ph.D program so he wasn't a 'social leper' and in the right mood he could be quite funny and charming. I'm finding it really difficult to come to terms with the fact that I've been in the presence of someone who is capable of this literally dozens of times, shared a coffee/pint with him, discussed murders in Bradford over the decades [his Ph.D project and favourite topic of conversation].

I'm just relieved that this looks like a 'cast iron' case now, as more body parts have been found in the river this afternoon [Saturday] and I'm glad I'll never have to see his face again. I hope he eventually admits all of this and it is a quick procedure in court for the victims families. To be honest though, I think he'll probably drag it out to the bitter end as he'll love all the pain and shock he can cause in court.

-----------------------------

I'm all too aware that he's sick not thick. I purposefully haven't revealed all i know about this case/individual
            as I know that certain things can scupper cases through 'Sub Judice appeals'. I've added no more than you could read in most papers over the last few days and I'm suprised that so much info has been released [or leaked]. The last thing i want to do is contribute to this 'person' being released on a technicality. I could have made a few quid from the press from this, but I couldn't live with myself if I profited from all this misery. I only think I'm posting this on here because it has affected me deeply [can't sleep, can't stop thinking about the 'if onlys'] and this forum gives me a degree of anonymity and in a small way helps me get things 'out' instead of bottling it up.

Comment

Thanks for that very interesting post Patrick..

to Casebook.

Thanks also for clarifying the CCTV situation.

Comment

Hi Patrick.

Welcome to Casebook, though I can't help wishing the circumstances of your joining were happier.

Thank you for your honesty in what must be a very distressing and painful time for you.
                Your personal story is yet another reminder to us that killers cause grief, pain and harm to many more individuals than just their physical victims.

I realize that knowing your gut feelings and intuitions about this person were right on makes it even more distressing and upsetting to learn the horrible truth, and that it has unleashed countless "If onlys" inside of you.
                It brings to mind that terribly inadequate wartime euphemism "collateral damage".

I hope you will eventually be able to find some inner healing and peace of mind.

Best regards,
                Archaic

Comment

Shipley and Saltaire (the World Heritage Site) are lovely places with so much history associated with it...I hate to think these towns will now be tarnished because of this vile animal.

I have walked along the Leeds/Liverpool canal which runs next to each of these places...its a beautiful spot...but I guess may now be associated with violence and death...

Comment

Its business as usual back in the red light district. I know this Firth chap is safely under lock and key but I still found this bizarre.

Comment

That was today??!

Comment

Yes Sarah, around 4 30pm

Comment

Rather her than me....its just like the Ripper murders tho, life goes on, these women feel the need to work for the money...as this woman does.

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
                            Hi Patrick.

Thank you for your honesty in what must be a very distressing and painful time for you.

Best regards,
                            Archaic
                            Those quotes are'nt from me!!! As stated they are quotes from another message board (Thankfully).

Comment

Originally posted by Nurse Sarah View Post
                              Shipley and Saltaire (the World Heritage Site) are lovely places with so much history associated with it...I hate to think these towns will now be tarnished because of this vile animal.

I have walked along the Leeds/Liverpool canal which runs next to each of these places...its a beautiful spot...but I guess may now be associated with violence and death...

The canal & river are very close together in that area. Unfortunately it's not the first time it's been associated with violence & death.

There was an unsolved hammer attack on a woman, by a local sounding man with a black beard in the 70's (hmm I wonder who that was!!)

& this murder also in the 70's.

I went to school with Ian Lowther's daughter. I can't imagine how she must of felt when he was finally caught.

Comment

Originally posted by silverstealth View Post
                                I know this Firth chap is safely under lock and key but I still found this bizarre.[/CENTER]
                                Pardon?

Think you may have got your names mixed up there.

Comment

Working...
                                X