• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

The Canal, Dockfield Road, Shipley.

Comment

Interesting pictures.

According to today's Daily Telegraph, the caretaker of the buildings in which the arrested man lived was reviewing the weekend's CCTV footage of inside the building to check for any unauthorised persons or acts of vandalism. This is something he did regularly. He actually saw the accused man chase a woman down a corridor, knock her out, retreat into his flat and return with a crossbow, and fire a shot into her head. He then dragged her back into his flat. That is pretty convincing evidence of one of the murders.

A neighbour stated that he had been told by the man himself he was studying for a Phd in Jack the Ripper.

It gives me the creeps to think he might have broused these boards, perhaps even joined and posted. It has made me think hard. I assume that most people are here because they have an interest in the social and historical aspects of various crimes, but mainly JtR. However, am I unwittingly feeding the unhealthy obsession of a sick individual?

Comment

If any Steves go missing from the boards, then it's time to be creeped out. However I sincerely doubt the majority of conversation on these boards, which tends to the "what was the precise distance from where A was to where B was" is going to provide much food. There are a lot more gore and slash websites out there.

Let all Oz be agreed;
          I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Very interesting pictures Silverstealth.

I've just passed over Baildon Bridge which crosses the River Aire in Shipley, and they've erected some metal fencing to stop anyone overlooking the area where the body was found.

I'm planning on visiting the Saltaire Brewery later today for their monthly "beer club", and from your photos it looks like me and my mates will have problems getting there, as we usually pass along the canal towpath en route.

All the best
            Andrew

Comment

At least he's given himself a name: "The Crossbow Cannibal" is how he referred to himself in court.

Comment

You're on the money Limehouse. The guy was a ripperologist by all accounts. I've had my doubts before, but that takes the biscuit. Last night i thought about it carefully and decided I won't be studying Jack the Ripper any more. At all. So won't be posting anymore although will check out the East End Photographs section from time to time. Wish everyone all the best. Bye.

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                Interesting pictures.

According to today's Daily Telegraph, the caretaker of the buildings in which the arrested man lived was reviewing the weekend's CCTV footage of inside the building to check for any unauthorised persons or acts of vandalism. This is something he did regularly. He actually saw the accused man chase a woman down a corridor, knock her out, retreat into his flat and return with a crossbow, and fire a shot into her head. He then dragged her back into his flat. That is pretty convincing evidence of one of the murders.

A neighbour stated that he had been told by the man himself he was studying for a Phd in Jack the Ripper.

It gives me the creeps to think he might have broused these boards, perhaps even joined and posted. It has made me think hard. I assume that most people are here because they have an interest in the social and historical aspects of various crimes, but mainly JtR. However, am I unwittingly feeding the unhealthy obsession of a sick individual?

Comment

There's a bit more detail on the subject of his Ph.D. research in this article in the Telegraph:
                  "For the past six years he had been studying for his PhD in the history of homicide in 19th century England from 1847-99, comparing Victorian investigative techniques with modern policing methods."
                  'Oddball' student's arrest came after CCTV at flats caught gruesome murder of woman with crossbow Crossbow murder at flats is caught on CCTV as police.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablito View Post
                    Last night i thought about it carefully and decided I won't be studying Jack the Ripper any more. At all.
                    I know exactly what you mean. I stopped listening to the Beatles when I discovered it drives people to kill hairdressers and B-movie actresses. If I find out someone plays shoot em' up video games I run for the hills. When I heard about David Berkowitz I vowed to never allowed a dog within 200 yards of me. Dogs make people crazy.

JM

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                      =It gives me the creeps to think he might have broused these boards, perhaps even joined and posted. It has made me think hard. I assume that most people are here because they have an interest in the social and historical aspects of various crimes, but mainly JtR. However, am I unwittingly feeding the unhealthy obsession of a sick individual?
                      I can count half a dozen reasons that I should entirely give up hosting the podcast, but the chance of this sicko downloading it isn't one of them. If he did visit this site, and I guarantee you he did, we, as interested parties, should only hope he clicked on some banner ads while he was here.

JM

Comment

I must say I agree with Ally. I think 99% of these discussions would bore a real serial killer rigid.

(I note that someone calling himself SteveG did register on this site earlier this year, but never came back again ...)

Comment

Right Time

Originally posted by Rigby View Post
                          When is the right time then ? He's arrested and being questioned on suspicion of some sort of involvement and there is - so we hear - CCTV footage of someone killing a woman (in his road ?) with a crossbow. Fella owns a crossbow, is into 'dark' things inc. 'Ripper' crimes against women - so we hear. I hope the Police have learned from Colin Stagg's saga and have enough evidential suspicion to be onto a winner here and get this guy off our streets for ever.
                          as he has now given his name in court as the crossbow cannibal i would say probably now is right time.

Comment

Wasn't there a poster called "The Griffin"?
                            Not sure if memory serves correctly.
                            C

Comment

Originally posted by Rigby View Post
                              At least he's given himself a name: "The Crossbow Cannibal" is how he referred to himself in court.
                              I vote that we agree to never give this man the satisfaction of calling him by the very Hollywood-esque serial killer epithet he chose for himself.

Best regards,
                              Archaic

Comment

I agree totally with that. The mere idea that he named himself that in court as if he were some sort of rock star, made me want to beat the snot out of him. I won't ever call him that to be sure.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                                I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Working...
                                X