Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A white Bordeaux
    From Voltaire writing in Diderot's Encyclopédie:
    "One demands of modern historians more details, better ascertained facts, precise dates, , more attention to customs, laws, commerce, agriculture, population."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosemary View Post
      A white Bordeaux
      Nah

When I drank was never into white.

Dr says NO nowadays.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Welcome

Originally posted by Rosemary View Post
        A white Bordeaux
        Welcome Rosemary,

Glad to have some more female company on the 'insanity thread'. Please be warned that these guys like to exaggerate, here's a quick rundown on what's been going on:
        Gut has been digging a tunnel from Oz to England (with a spoon so not much progress) so ignore his jibes about 'Oz is ace', he's clearly trying to leave.

Pinkmoon lives in a cave with a fire-breathing dragon, he's only wearing smelly undies because she burnt the rest of his clothing

Steadmund is a gentleman but, be warned, he'll try to charm his way in to your heart with talk of goodies 'from overseas'

I'm just a sweet lady from Middle England, no vices (except Bombay Gin) no bad habits (except hanging out with this lot) and no secrets (well, a few, but I'm keeping them for my next book)

Enjoy your time here & remember, have fun!
        Amanda

Comment

• Originally posted by Amanda View Post
          Welcome Rosemary,

Glad to have some more female company on the 'insanity thread'. Please be warned that these guys like to exaggerate, here's a quick rundown on what's been going on:
          Gut has been digging a tunnel from Oz to England (with a spoon so not much progress) so ignore his jibes about 'Oz is ace', he's clearly trying to leave.

Pinkmoon lives in a cave with a fire-breathing dragon, he's only wearing smelly undies because she burnt the rest of his clothing

Steadmund is a gentleman but, be warned, he'll try to charm his way in to your heart with talk of goodies 'from overseas'

I'm just a sweet lady from Middle England, no vices (except Bombay Gin) no bad habits (except hanging out with this lot) and no secrets (well, a few, but I'm keeping them for my next book)

Enjoy your time here & remember, have fun!
          Amanda

My tunnel is so your poor beggars can get down here.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Welcome to the lunatic fringe rosemary.
            Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
              It's not a cult is it.
              I've been called a cult many times
              Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                Welcome to the lunatic fringe rosemary.
                Wow Roemary a welcome to the lunatic fringe from the lunatic fringe you are lucky,
                G U T

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                  I've been called a cult many times
                  By someone with a speech impediment.
                  G U T

Comment

• Hi, Rosemary, they're all nuttier than a pan full of boiled peanuts here, but it is a useful place to escape all those endless debates. Don't mention shawls, DNA tests, diaries, broad-shouldered men, Irish terror plots, the quality of Victorian street-lamps, mysterious packages, or witness statements and you should be fine here.

I'm in the Colorado Rockies, which makes me an American, but likewise not a Yank. Westerners are an independent sort, explaining why we here in Colorado legalized "pot", while the Federal government still says "no-no"!
                    I'm a librarian, who spends more time on this site than I ought to.
                    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                    ---------------
                    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                    ---------------

Comment

• Welcome Rosemary.....

First let me say Yank....I resemble that remark ....

Like the others have said...this is my favorite place on casebook as well....being a fellow American let me guide you....stick close to steady and you'll be ok....Pinky will try to get you to join his cult....GUT....he'll force feed you Vegemite (yuck) then hand you the spoon and try making you dig....Amanda is safe....but she may try to steal your stockings and M&M's....PCdunn will shush you everytime you talk out loud (darn librarians) and those ciggies or NOT tobacco. So I guess the best advice I can give is...stick with the true American HERO who loves a good white wine....and can get you real chicken wings!!!! Plus you share the same name with my mother...so you already won my heart....so long as you keep your hands off my black jelly beans!!!!

By the way GUT my training for the black jelly beans olympics is almost complete....USA will take the gold....so you better strive to just be on the medal stand......

Amanda...how are the other girls....thinking of making a trip soon....anything you ladies desire (other then the obvious)....

Pinky....how are the tests coming along.....don't let the dragon he in the way....we need you research so I can take credit for it....tis the American way...and bigfoot is American..who cares if he was on holiday in the old country...I still need to know how Mothman is involved....I know he is!!!!

Steadmund Brand
                      "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• Lunatic fringe? I'm from Tremé in New Orleans. That's my briar patch, I love it. And as to the white Bordeaux, I used to be a Pinot Noir crone, but since the emergency New Year's Eve cholysytecomy, it's cava or white Bordeaux or a decent rosé from Provençe, or a Basque white sangria in the summer.

I garden, annoy as many in-laws as possible, love my ex-in-laws with the exception of the ex, & have no grandkids, just dogs, cats, possums, birds & squirrels. I have one son living on the East Coast looking for work, unsuccessfully. It's the coyotes that drive me insane. I've considered voodoo, but it would surely backfire.

I plan to read as many dissertations as possible during daylight hours. Last night my dreams were pesadillas, more nachtmar than anything. A large group of people pretending to be my English ancestors at Mitre converging, pointing, laughing, dead common & dead drunk. At night I'll try to discover why pinkmoom is so beloved, & GUT so revered. Then there's the Trevor & Lady brawling over the torso murders but that'll have to be daytime as well.

I hope to amuse you.
                        Last edited by Rosemary; 06-21-2015, 07:17 AM. Reason: English is my second language.
                        From Voltaire writing in Diderot's Encyclopédie:
                        "One demands of modern historians more details, better ascertained facts, precise dates, , more attention to customs, laws, commerce, agriculture, population."

Comment

• People falling out on casebook I'm not having that!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosemary View Post
                            Lunatic fringe? I'm from Tremé in New Orleans. That's my briar patch, I love it. And as to the white Bordeaux, I used to be a Pinot Noir crone, but since the emergency New Year's Eve cholysytecomy, it's cava or white Bordeaux or a decent rosé from Provençe, or a Basque white sangria in the summer.

I garden, annoy as many in-laws as possible, love my ex-in-laws with the exception of the ex, & have no grandkids, just dogs, cats, possums, birds & squirrels. I have one son living on the East Coast looking for work, unsuccessfully. It's the coyotes that drive me insane. I've considered voodoo, but it would surely backfire.

I plan to read as many dissertations as possible during daylight hours. Last night my dreams were pesadillas, more nachtmar than anything. A large group of people pretending to be my English ancestors at Mitre converging, pointing, laughing, dead common & dead drunk. At night I'll try to discover why pinkmoom is so beloved, & GUT so revered. Then there's the Trevor & Lady brawling over the torso murders but that'll have to be daytime as well.

I hope to amuse you.

What sort of dogs?

GUT is so revered just because I am me.
                            G U T

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                              What sort of dogs?

GUT is so revered just because I am me.
                              Indeed you are, and definitely the original article!
                              Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                              ---------------
                              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                              ---------------

Comment

• Where am I.......I think I got lost in these darn tunnels… is that a Kangaroo or a sewer rat……

Steadmund Brand
                                "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Working...
                                X