No announcement yet.

Irritations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of my irritations is professional Premier League footballers being allowed to wear gloves. Dear me, I doubt it's never below freezing point when they play and they are running around anyway... bunch of softies...

Comment

• Actors on TV eating fish and chips (yes I know, it sounds strange) Fish and chips are one of the greatest meals ever invented and can only be eaten with gusto and enjoyment and I find it really irritating when I see actors eating them on TV. Often it’s the police at night in the incident room. Firstly they tend to use those pointless little wooden forks! What’s wrong with fingers? Fish and chips are best enjoyed using fingers. Next they pick up a chip, a single chip and bite it in half! Why do they have to portray such delicate, tiny-mouthed eating? No one needs to bite a chip in half to eat it…a sausage yes…a chip no! And then they spend about 2 minutes chewing….half a chip! Babies can down a chip faster than that. How delicate is their digestive system? Why don’t they just tip the whole meal into a blender and be done with it! Finally, they eat one chip..spend five minutes talking…then eat another then another five minutes. Worst of all is when they spend 5 minutes talking with a chip in their fingers waving it around and pointing with it! So after half an hour they have eaten around 5 chips and perhaps a tiny mouthful of fish and they have on their desk in front of them a portion of cold fish and chips!

Sacrilege! A disgraceful way to treat such a wonderful meal!!

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post
        One of my irritations is professional Premier League footballers being allowed to wear gloves. Dear me, I doubt it's never below freezing point when they play and they are running around anyway... bunch of softies...
        Totally agree with this one.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post
          One of my irritations is professional Premier League footballers being allowed to wear gloves. Dear me, I doubt it's never below freezing point when they play and they are running around anyway... bunch of softies...
          I use to suffer from cramp in my fingers, quite by accident I found that simply wearing gloves, just thin ones, stopped the cramp.
          Maybe thats the reason for some of them too.
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Useless tools..
            Why have Allen Key sets in both Metric & Imperial? - it's a hexagonal bar of metal for goodness sake's...
            Yes, I know how it came about, but at the end of the day it's just a 6-sided piece of metal, just don't mix them up!
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
              Actors on TV eating fish and chips (yes I know, it sounds strange) Fish and chips are one of the greatest meals ever invented and can only be eaten with gusto and enjoyment and I find it really irritating when I see actors eating them on TV. Often it’s the police at night in the incident room. Firstly they tend to use those pointless little wooden forks! What’s wrong with fingers? Fish and chips are best enjoyed using fingers. Next they pick up a chip, a single chip and bite it in half! Why do they have to portray such delicate, tiny-mouthed eating? No one needs to bite a chip in half to eat it…a sausage yes…a chip no! And then they spend about 2 minutes chewing….half a chip! Babies can down a chip faster than that. How delicate is their digestive system? Why don’t they just tip the whole meal into a blender and be done with it! Finally, they eat one chip..spend five minutes talking…then eat another then another five minutes. Worst of all is when they spend 5 minutes talking with a chip in their fingers waving it around and pointing with it! So after half an hour they have eaten around 5 chips and perhaps a tiny mouthful of fish and they have on their desk in front of them a portion of cold fish and chips!

Sacrilege! A disgraceful way to treat such a wonderful meal!!

On a similar line to this; I can't stand it when actors/actresses try and drink from a cup that's blatantly empty.

Even some of the best actors somehow can't act the routine of "drinking from a cup."

The contents of the cup are always usually empty, but because its virtually impossible to gage the altered weight between a cup that is filled, to a cup that's empty; is like the actor forgets how to drink from a cup.

Acting with cups that are empty but pretending to be filled, is one of the most difficult acting processes to pull off convincingly.

And that is so frustrating and can often ruin a scene entirely.

Disgraceful
              "Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post

...Acting with cups that are empty but pretending to be filled, is one of the most difficult acting processes to pull off convincingly.

And that is so frustrating and can often ruin a scene entirely.

Disgraceful
                Have you also noticed how most of them forget to swallow?
                It's part of the drinking process, but because the cup is empty, they forget to swallow
                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                X