No announcement yet.

Best Albums.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything by Yoko Ono. Her Between my Head and the Sky is a classic.

Comment

I'm annoyed at myself for not including The Flaming Lips "Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots" on my list.

I don't know how I forgot about that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post
        I'm annoyed at myself for not including The Flaming Lips "Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots" on my list.

I don't know how I forgot about that one.
        My brother introduced me to The Flaming Lips a few years ago Ms D. I’ve only listened to around 6 or 7 albums so far but I really like them all. ‘Yoshimi..’ is great. I just noticed one in their discography that intrigues me:

‘The Flaming Lips and Stardeath and White Dwarf with Henry Rollins and Peaches Doing The Dark Side Of The Moon’!

I might give that one a listen tonight. I haven’t a clue what to expect. I can’t imagine DSOTM with Henry Rollins angry ranting on it.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

My brother introduced me to The Flaming Lips a few years ago Ms D. I’ve only listened to around 6 or 7 albums so far but I really like them all. ‘Yoshimi..’ is great. I just noticed one in their discography that intrigues me:

‘The Flaming Lips and Stardeath and White Dwarf with Henry Rollins and Peaches Doing The Dark Side Of The Moon’!

I might give that one a listen tonight. I haven’t a clue what to expect. I can’t imagine DSOTM with Henry Rollins angry ranting on it.
          Oh, interesting Herlock!

I'm not familiar with this album.

I love Dark Side Of The Moon (but Wish You Were Here is probably my fav Floyd work).

Peaches is always great too, so it sounds well worth a listen.

Think I'll give it a go too.

I would highly recommend seeing The Flaming Lips live.

That's always a blast with Wayne Coyne's zorb and the dancing Santa's.

It's usually like a big dose of serotonin (and the tunes are great too obvs).

Comment

Oh, interesting Herlock!

I'm not familiar with this album.

I love Dark Side Of The Moon (but Wish You Were Here is probably my fav Floyd work).

Peaches is always great too, so it sounds well worth a listen.

Think I'll give it a go too.

I would highly recommend seeing The Flaming Lips live.

That's always a blast with Wayne Coyne's zorb and the dancing Santa's.

It's usually like a big dose of serotonin (and the tunes are great too obvs).
            I’ve just listened to the album on Spotify. It’s great. I’m going to give it another listen before trying out another FL album or two.

lve seen film of them live but I’ve never actually seen them. My brother is going to see them later this year at Birmingham Academy but it clashes with something else so I couldn’t go. I thought that he’d already seen them but he hasn’t so he’s looking forward to it (whilst rubbing in the fact that I can’t go and my other brother has my ticket)
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I’ve just listened to the album on Spotify. It’s great. I’m going to give it another listen before trying out another FL album or two.

lve seen film of them live but I’ve never actually seen them. My brother is going to see them later this year at Birmingham Academy but it clashes with something else so I couldn’t go. I thought that he’d already seen them but he hasn’t so he’s looking forward to it (whilst rubbing in the fact that I can’t go and my other brother has my ticket)
              Oh, your brother is in for a treat!

It's a shame that you missed out on this, but they do seem to tour quite regularly, so hopefully you will get other opportunities.

I'm just settling down for the Euros, but will check out the Peaches / Rollins collaboration over the weekend.

If you like FL you'd probably like their "brother" band Mercury Rev?

Deserter's Songs is an amazing album.

Balls! I missed that one off my list too!!

Comment

Oh, your brother is in for a treat!

It's a shame that you missed out on this, but they do seem to tour quite regularly, so hopefully you will get other opportunities.

I'm just settling down for the Euros, but will check out the Peaches / Rollins collaboration over the weekend.

If you like FL you'd probably like their "brother" band Mercury Rev?

Deserter's Songs is an amazing album.

Balls! I missed that one off my list too!!
                Mercury Rev. Another of my brothers favourites.
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Last night I went to see Bodycount (with Ice T).

Excellent night (but I'm still stiff as a board and slightly hungover today)!!

They ended their set with what they referred to as a cover, but I would describe as an interpretation, of Floyd's Comfortably Numb.

Somewhat different to the original (!) but great nonetheless.

Comment

Last night I went to see Bodycount (with Ice T).

Excellent night (but I'm still stiff as a board and slightly hungover today)!!

They ended their set with what they referred to as a cover, but I would describe as an interpretation, of Floyd's Comfortably Numb.

Somewhat different to the original (!) but great nonetheless.
                    Glad you had a good night Ms D. Later this year I’ll be seeing a band that I wouldn’t normally have gone for but my brother has a spare ticket to go and see Squeeze. I used to like them when I was a kid but I’m not so bothered now though. I might be pleasantly surprised though. And it’s free…I offered to pay but my brother wouldn’t have it. I’d buy him a pint but he’s driving. Like a true brother I’ll have to drink his share.
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

If you like Irish drinking songs, I highly recommend this one. One of my all time favorites. Great songs with Tommy Makem and The Clancy Brothers and the Dubliners.

Tim Finnegan's Wake is an absolute masterpiece.

Do yourself a favor -- get a few beers under your belt and give this CD a listen.

c.d.

Comment

This review of the above CD has to be one of the best reviews of all time on any thing.

This CD means so much to me that I cannot even describe it in words. When my ex broke up with me I grabbed a gallon of Irish whiskey and played this album while locked in my room sobbing. I stayed there for a couple days. When I emerged from my room I was a changed woman. Let me tell you something, this album changed my life.​

c.d.

Comment

Glad you had a good night Ms D. Later this year I’ll be seeing a band that I wouldn’t normally have gone for but my brother has a spare ticket to go and see Squeeze. I used to like them when I was a kid but I’m not so bothered now though. I might be pleasantly surprised though. And it’s free…I offered to pay but my brother wouldn’t have it. I’d buy him a pint but he’s driving. Like a true brother I’ll have to drink his share.
                          I''ve never seen them, but I'd say Squeeze would be pretty good live!

Plus it's free, there's beer qand you have a chauffeur so what's not to like?!

My next gig is God Speed You Black Emperor at the Barrowlands (of Bible John fame).

That's always a great venue and the gig should be interesting (if more sedate than Bodycount)!

Comment

I''ve never seen them, but I'd say Squeeze would be pretty good live!

Plus it's free, there's beer qand you have a chauffeur so what's not to like?!

My next gig is God Speed You Black Emperor at the Barrowlands (of Bible John fame).

That's always a great venue and the gig should be interesting (if more sedate than Bodycount)!
                            I only heard stuff by them within the last year or so at my brother’s recommendation (along with Mogwai) Good stuff.

If a bloke in a smart suit asks you for a dance, say no.
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

If a bloke in a smart suit asks you for a dance, say no.

Comment

There was an American band called Squeeze and a UK band.

The UK band was bloody great!
                                dustymiller
                                aka drstrange

Comment

Working...
                                X