No announcement yet.

Best Albums.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything by Yoko Ono. Her Between my Head and the Sky is a classic.

Comment

I'm annoyed at myself for not including The Flaming Lips "Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots" on my list.

I don't know how I forgot about that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post
        I'm annoyed at myself for not including The Flaming Lips "Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots" on my list.

I don't know how I forgot about that one.
        My brother introduced me to The Flaming Lips a few years ago Ms D. I’ve only listened to around 6 or 7 albums so far but I really like them all. ‘Yoshimi..’ is great. I just noticed one in their discography that intrigues me:

‘The Flaming Lips and Stardeath and White Dwarf with Henry Rollins and Peaches Doing The Dark Side Of The Moon’!

I might give that one a listen tonight. I haven’t a clue what to expect. I can’t imagine DSOTM with Henry Rollins angry ranting on it.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

My brother introduced me to The Flaming Lips a few years ago Ms D. I’ve only listened to around 6 or 7 albums so far but I really like them all. ‘Yoshimi..’ is great. I just noticed one in their discography that intrigues me:

‘The Flaming Lips and Stardeath and White Dwarf with Henry Rollins and Peaches Doing The Dark Side Of The Moon’!

I might give that one a listen tonight. I haven’t a clue what to expect. I can’t imagine DSOTM with Henry Rollins angry ranting on it.
          Oh, interesting Herlock!

I'm not familiar with this album.

I love Dark Side Of The Moon (but Wish You Were Here is probably my fav Floyd work).

Peaches is always great too, so it sounds well worth a listen.

Think I'll give it a go too.

I would highly recommend seeing The Flaming Lips live.

That's always a blast with Wayne Coyne's zorb and the dancing Santa's.

It's usually like a big dose of serotonin (and the tunes are great too obvs).

Comment

Oh, interesting Herlock!

I'm not familiar with this album.

I love Dark Side Of The Moon (but Wish You Were Here is probably my fav Floyd work).

Peaches is always great too, so it sounds well worth a listen.

Think I'll give it a go too.

I would highly recommend seeing The Flaming Lips live.

That's always a blast with Wayne Coyne's zorb and the dancing Santa's.

It's usually like a big dose of serotonin (and the tunes are great too obvs).
            I’ve just listened to the album on Spotify. It’s great. I’m going to give it another listen before trying out another FL album or two.

lve seen film of them live but I’ve never actually seen them. My brother is going to see them later this year at Birmingham Academy but it clashes with something else so I couldn’t go. I thought that he’d already seen them but he hasn’t so he’s looking forward to it (whilst rubbing in the fact that I can’t go and my other brother has my ticket)
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

I’ve just listened to the album on Spotify. It’s great. I’m going to give it another listen before trying out another FL album or two.

lve seen film of them live but I’ve never actually seen them. My brother is going to see them later this year at Birmingham Academy but it clashes with something else so I couldn’t go. I thought that he’d already seen them but he hasn’t so he’s looking forward to it (whilst rubbing in the fact that I can’t go and my other brother has my ticket)
              Oh, your brother is in for a treat!

It's a shame that you missed out on this, but they do seem to tour quite regularly, so hopefully you will get other opportunities.

I'm just settling down for the Euros, but will check out the Peaches / Rollins collaboration over the weekend.

If you like FL you'd probably like their "brother" band Mercury Rev?

Deserter's Songs is an amazing album.

Balls! I missed that one off my list too!!

Comment

Oh, your brother is in for a treat!

It's a shame that you missed out on this, but they do seem to tour quite regularly, so hopefully you will get other opportunities.

I'm just settling down for the Euros, but will check out the Peaches / Rollins collaboration over the weekend.

If you like FL you'd probably like their "brother" band Mercury Rev?

Deserter's Songs is an amazing album.

Balls! I missed that one off my list too!!
                Mercury Rev. Another of my brothers favourites.
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                X