This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    I think we’re in a world where no one actually cares about anything these days apart from being a part of the crowd that is currently in vogue Roger.
    as a contrarian, I vehemetly object!!!

Comment

Given the choice between only non-halal and halal then yes they would go for halal but this is only under certain circumstances. It means that if a Jew said: I fancy some KFC (which was halal) he couldn’t eat it if there was a Kosher shop selling anything but chicken. He’d have to go for the kosher food and leave the food that he actually wanted because it was halal.
      Yes, I agree. Kosher first, if no kosher then halal, if no halal then good old everyday meat. I was originally questioning your "This appears to exclude Jews" statement, when it would seem they would prefer halal over 'ordinary' meat if nothing kosher was around.

All the best,
      Tab

Comment

I’m not suggesting a huge conspiracy but it’s difficult to see how a Tesco could expect more Muslim customers for meat than non-Muslim customers.
        I don't think they expect more Muslim customers than non-Muslim. I genuinely think that they (probably backed by data) expect the majority of non-Muslims to simply not care, or not understand the actual difference. To simply slide the 'not stunned before having their throat cut" part in to the same box of discomfort they probably already have in the back of their minds for eating meat in the first place.

More Muslims means more general footfall, more people in their stores for them convince with flashy signs to buy more crap as they wander through the aisles.

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
        I just think that it should be the other way around. Surely it should always be the case that you go with the majority? No one would suggest that halal food shouldn’t be available in a large store like Tesco but the actual butcher should be non-halal.
        The majority opinion doesn't always make the most money. But even if it did, we are assuming the majority opinion actually is against buying halal meat. Is that actually the case?

All the best,
        Tab
        Last edited by Tab; 07-22-2024, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

The same they would have been expected to use 50 or more years ago - nothing has changed.
          No argument there, Jon.

In the mid-1960s, from the age of 11, we all had to strip in the changing room after hockey and take a communal shower, watched by a 'leering' games mistress, who held our towels and waited to hand them back to us individually when we were done. There was no need for her to do this, but nothing we could do about it, and it was a miserable, humiliating and embarrassing experience for us in an all-girls school as we approached and went through puberty at our own speed.

I don't expect anything to have changed, and young girls and women just have to put up with this kind of thing, like we did all those years ago. But I would feel less uncomfortable today, if I were still young, to be in a female changing room with one or more trans women, than I felt twice a week at school at the end of games, dreading having every inch of me pored over again by Miss Physical Education. I only wished I could miss it. We were surprised - and rather sceptical - when she came back after one school holiday as a Mrs.
          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Major global fast food restaurant chain Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) is no longer serving pork at its restaurants in Canada. It is also switching all its chicken to halal, which is a category of meat that is slaughtered according to Muslim religious practices.

In a letter to restaurant franchise owners that was sent in May but only became public recently, KFC Canada leaders did not address the removal of bacon from its menu, but noted that the change to halal chicken provides more “diverse and inclusive options”.

Consumer backlash

Many consumers disagree that this move makes the chain more inclusive. One person noted on X (formerly Twitter) that with these menu changes, “KFC will soon no longer be a diversified brand”.

People on various social media platforms have called for KFC to reverse the decision, pointing out that “the loud minority [now] dictates the policies”. About 5% of Canada’s population is Muslim. There are also calls for a boycott of KFC.

KFC has offered several sandwiches with pork including a “premium” Bacon & Cheese Chicken Sandwich introduced in 2023. It has also offered the ‘Double Down’, which features cheese, bacon and sauce between 2 fried chicken patties, in some countries for limited periods.​

Major global fast food restaurant chain Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) is no longer serving pork at its restaurants in Canada. It is also switching all its

I hi-lited some of the above quote in red because KFC seems to avoid offering an explanation as to why they felt it necessary to drop a popular line of products, that just happen to offend Muslim society.
            It is reasonable to assume that if it was a positive decision they would have announced it as such, as opposed to keeping it quiet.

Preferential treatment can always be disguised as a business decision, except when there is little to no financial benefit, then it is best to keep quiet.
            Last edited by Wickerman; 07-22-2024, 04:16 PM.
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

On the contrary, Rees-Mogg has spoken openly about his disappointment with the performance of his party which led to him also losing his seat.
              Yes, because the Haunted Pencil has always demonstrated his selfless dedication to serving the people, and is not merely obsessed with making himself look superior to them.

And in case anyone is fooled, this post comes with a heavy sarcasm alert.

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post

No argument there, Jon.

In the mid-1960s, from the age of 11, we all had to strip in the changing room after hockey and take a communal shower, watched by a 'leering' games mistress, who held our towels and waited to hand them back to us individually when we were done. There was no need for her to do this, but nothing we could do about it, and it was a miserable, humiliating and embarrassing experience for us in an all-girls school as we approached and went through puberty at our own speed.

I don't expect anything to have changed, and young girls and women just have to put up with this kind of thing, like we did all those years ago. But I would feel less uncomfortable today, if I were still young, to be in a female changing room with one or more trans women, than I felt twice a week at school at the end of games, dreading having every inch of me pored over again by Miss Physical Education. I only wished I could miss it. We were surprised - and rather sceptical - when she came back after one school holiday as a Mrs.
                Which tends to support the modern objection. Clearly you still hold disdain for the way you were treated on that topic, then why do you feel the need the defend such objectionable scenario's in this modern environment?

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post

Hi caz, it was still the same in the early 1980s. Unfortunately for us we had a female PE teacher who watched us into the showers, showering and back out again. We did ask the question why and it was given as 'checking for signs of physical abuse' etc.

Comment

Caz, I lifted the quote from the site.

We all know how poles work Caz.
                    The alternate view is to think one member on here decides the percentage is lower, when the evidence suggests the opposite.
                    But then, that is how "denial" works, isn't it.
                    Poles tend to work very hard when they come to the UK, Jon.

Oh, you meant...

I don't think I decided on the merits or otherwise of the percentages quoted, except to question what percentage of the adult UK population took part in this particular poll.

Comment

And the rest?
                      Well, if they will all be under water if not enough is done about climate change, and the next pandemic may strike at any time, I do wonder why anyone is obsessing about Muslims, trans people or the way chickens are slaughtered for fast food.

Comment

Which tends to support the modern objection. Clearly you still hold disdain for the way you were treated on that topic, then why do you feel the need the defend such objectionable scenario's in this modern environment?
                        I'm not defending any scenario involving a sexual predator invading the space of their preferred victim type. That is always objectionable, but sadly not always preventable.

Why do you keep equating trans people with sexual predators, when trans women are individually far less likely to be found feasting their eyes - or worse - on other women than predatory males or lesbians?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tab View Post

I don't think they expect more Muslim customers than non-Muslim. I genuinely think that they (probably backed by data) expect the majority of non-Muslims to simply not care, or not understand the actual difference. To simply slide the 'not stunned before having their throat cut" part in to the same box of discomfort they probably already have in the back of their minds for eating meat in the first place.

More Muslims means more general footfall, more people in their stores for them convince with flashy signs to buy more crap as they wander through the aisles.

The majority opinion doesn't always make the most money. But even if it did, we are assuming the majority opinion actually is against buying halal meat. Is that actually the case?

All the best,
                          Tab
                          I won’t know. Pretty much everyone that I ever speak to on the subject say that they think it’s wrong, but obviously that can’t be claimed as being fully representational, but would they do anything about it, like boycott the store, extremely doubtful. I know many people though that won’t buy from the halal butchers on principal (including myself). Not that it bothers or affects Tesco one iota of course. For me, it just shouldn’t happen…the butcher in a UK superstore shouldn’t be halal. People don’t complain enough on my opinion and, although I doubt that you’ll agree, it’s because they are scared of being falsely accused of Islamophobia (as the majority of claims of Islamophobia are imo)
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Major global fast food restaurant chain Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) is no longer serving pork at its restaurants in Canada. It is also switching all its chicken to halal, which is a category of meat that is slaughtered according to Muslim religious practices.

In a letter to restaurant franchise owners that was sent in May but only became public recently, KFC Canada leaders did not address the removal of bacon from its menu, but noted that the change to halal chicken provides more “diverse and inclusive options”.

Consumer backlash

Many consumers disagree that this move makes the chain more inclusive. One person noted on X (formerly Twitter) that with these menu changes, “KFC will soon no longer be a diversified brand”.

People on various social media platforms have called for KFC to reverse the decision, pointing out that “the loud minority [now] dictates the policies”. About 5% of Canada’s population is Muslim. There are also calls for a boycott of KFC.

KFC has offered several sandwiches with pork including a “premium” Bacon & Cheese Chicken Sandwich introduced in 2023. It has also offered the ‘Double Down’, which features cheese, bacon and sauce between 2 fried chicken patties, in some countries for limited periods.​

Major global fast food restaurant chain Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) is no longer serving pork at its restaurants in Canada. It is also switching all its

I hi-lited some of the above quote in red because KFC seems to avoid offering an explanation as to why they felt it necessary to drop a popular line of products, that just happen to offend Muslim society.
                            It is reasonable to assume that if it was a positive decision they would have announced it as such, as opposed to keeping it quiet.

Preferential treatment can always be disguised as a business decision, except when there is little to no financial benefit, then it is best to keep quiet.
                            KFC will be closing during Ramadan periods next. How is this happening?
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post
                              .... Clearly, you and Wickerman DO care.

Most people don't, though, so from their perspective it was still a good business decision.

Also, don't overestimate the wisdom of corporate types.
                              On here RJ, yes Mike & I do care, even though it is such a miniscule issue, it is representative of the effect Islam is having on western society.

The Muslim Vote of Britain has made it their unwavering agenda to get Muslims elected in every corner of the UK so they can take control of Britain. This is no secret, Imam's have declared quite openly that they understand they cannot hope to conquer the west militarily, they are obviously outnumbered. Their intent is to infiltrate and take the west from the inside, using their (our) democratic institutions against us.

These Imam's have openly described their plans in public & interviews available on-line. This is no perceived conspiracy among right-wing white westerners, it is a stated fact among radical Muslim political groups.

What is strange is the preference by some to look for apologetics designed to defend this agenda, as if they don't realize they are offering themselves, and everyone else, up as lambs to the slaughter, and not a Halal slaughter either.

Westerners have an evolved view of the world that is embraced by mature societies, we tolerate religious differences in our countries providing they keep their beliefs to themselves and do not try to impost their beliefs on others. Western countries adopt rules & laws based mostly on Christian values.

Radical Muslims have an ancient view of the world, similar to what we call Black & White. You are either a Muslim, or you are a Kafir, which is a generic term for everything imaginable that is bad.
                              A Kafir needs to be converted, or destroyed.
                              There is no third choice in Islam.

Islam is racist, it is intolerant, it is bigoted - Islam is everything the western/leftist/wokery followers try to accuse perceived right-wing believers of being.

Radical Islamists do not need a leader, they all have the same goal in life. To identify and attack the Kafir, everywhere they find one.
                              It is the duty of every radical Muslim to work towards the total elimination of the Jew, the Christian, then everyone who is not Muslim.

Getting back to the point - whatever step they make, however small (ie; dietary changes), that promoted the goal of Islam is a step in the right direction, which is to install the next Muslim Caliphate across the west.

Listen to the debates of Douglas Murray, who is a British author and conservative political commentator, cultural critic, and journalist.​ Murray knows the problem of Islam inside out and frequently takes on the most prominent supporters of Islam around the world.
                              The more we learn about the motives of the Islamist, the more we are able to recognise the small changes happening around us.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

KFC will be closing during Ramadan periods next. How is this happening?
                                Not arguing for the sake of it, this is a genuine question. How do you feel about the national toy store chain The Entertainer being closed on a Sunday? Or the massive fast food chain in the US, Chick-fil-a, being closed on a Sunday? Both of these because of Christian beliefs?

All the best,
                                Tab

Comment

Working...
                                X