X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Baron View Post
    Do Fish Feel Pain When They Get Hooked?

Fish have nociceptors in their mouths, so it stands to reason that they’d feel pain when their lips are pierced with a metal hook. The science backs this up as well; in her 2019 study, Sneddon wrote that “when the fish’s lips are given a painful stimulus, they rub the mouth against the side of the tank, much like we rub our toe when we stub it.

Do Fish Feel Pain When They Suffocate?

Suffocation is a common form of death for farmed fish. It can be an incredibly drawn-out process, with some fish species taking over an hour to die from asphyxiation. It also produces a severe stress reaction: Fish will flap, gasp, wriggle and flail while they’re asphyxiating, as they accumulate lactic acid in their muscles and succumb to rigor mortis

So what do you say, do we stop fishing?!

Or maybe you advice to stun the fish before?!

Ah and the wild animals, did you see them hunting a poor deer, cutting it and eating it alive, what should we do to protect against such a barbaric behaviour?!

The Baron
    Yes, I’d ban fishing using hooks. I’d also ban any kind of hunting for fun.

I’ve just done something that you rarely, if ever, do. I gave a clear, unequivocal answer to a question. What will come from you? My guesses are either:

a) You will ignore it and not respond because it’s not the answer that you wanted.
    b) Same some nonsense like “I know what you really think…etc”
    c) You will move the goalposts to include any animal dying in any way.
    d) You will simply change the subject.

So I suggest one of the above… and I have to say that I have a 100% success rate on the ‘guess The Baron’s next tactic’ game.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Yes, I’d ban fishing using hooks. I’d also ban any kind of hunting for fun.
      In the spirit of the moment, I am going now to buy a freshly slaughtered Chicken, without stunning, thats how many farmers in USA kill their chicken everyday , and I will eat it while thinking of you!

The Baron

Comment

In the spirit of the moment, I am going now to buy a freshly slaughtered Chicken, without stunning, thats how many farmers in USA kill their chicken everyday , and I will eat it while thinking of you!

The Baron
        So d) you will simply change the subject.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

So d) you will simply change the subject.
          c) would work too

Want to come for a dinner?!

The Baron

Comment

a freshly slaughtered Chicken

That reminds of the Cross mob mantra and how Cross was found by a freshly slaughtered chicken.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post

That reminds of the Cross mob mantra and how Cross was found by a freshly slaughtered chicken.

You spot it!!!!!

The Baron

Comment

But a slight correction, Cross was found near a freshly slaughtered woman.

The Baron

Comment

• And that makes him a killer to some
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

c) would work too

Want to come for a dinner?!

The Baron
                    Thanks for the confirmation….not that I needed it of course.
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Isn’t it a pity that some can’t find a better hobby than just irritating people online because they have no worthwhile content to add. A bit sad imo.
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

But a slight correction, Cross was found near a freshly slaughtered woman.

The Baron
                        Slight correction, Cross was found standing about 12ft from a freshly slaughtered woman.

Comment

Slight correction, Cross was found standing about 12ft from a freshly slaughtered woman.

It seems you didn't get it

You wrote:

"Cross was found by a freshly slaughtered chicken"

Cross was found near a freshly killed woman, not a chicken.

The Baron

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Thats the point, there isn't.
                            Hold the bus there, Wick!

From some of the posts earlier in this thread you would think that you couldn't move for Muslims in good old Blighty!

I agree with Karl that this is a business decision by Tesco to appeal to the largest possible customer base, rather than any kind of "Islamisation by stealth" or pro- Islamic agenda.

By and large people are apathetic about where their meat comes from which makes this a viable business decision.

I agree with Herlock that there should be choice (well actually I'm a lifelong vegetarian, so the whole meat-eating thing is anathema to me, but I'm not so naive as to think that everyone is going to switch to tofu any day soon)!

I have always thought that there's a weird disconnect between genuine love of animals and a willingness to ignore the cruel realities of battery farming and slaughter.

FWIW I signed the petition too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Hold the bus there, Wick!

From some of the posts earlier in this thread you would think that you couldn't move for Muslims in good old Blighty!

I agree with Karl that this is a business decision by Tesco to appeal to the largest possible customer base, rather than any kind of "Islamisation by stealth" or pro- Islamic agenda.

By and large people are apathetic about where their meat comes from which makes this a viable business decision.

I agree with Herlock that there should be choice (well actually I'm a lifelong vegetarian, so the whole meat-eating thing is anathema to me, but I'm not so naive as to think that everyone is going to switch to tofu any day soon)!

I have always thought that there's a weird disconnect between genuine love of animals and a willingness to ignore the cruel realities of battery farming and slaughter.

FWIW I signed the petition too.

I’m a meat eater Ms D but I love animals which I realise is a bit of a contradiction…but it’s one that millions face every day all across the world. Animals are also killed by animals for food of course and we all know that the world will never stop eating meat. I, like the majority I hope, feel that animals should at least be killed in the most humane way possible. A few on here appear to disagree and the suffering of the animal appears not to register a glimmer with them. It also appears not to bother them that two ‘groups’ can get exempted from the law that safeguards animals against needless suffering.
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

It seems you didn't get it

You wrote:

"Cross was found by a freshly slaughtered chicken"

Cross was found near a freshly killed woman, not a chicken.

The Baron
                                yes, I imagine it would seem like that to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X