This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tab View Post

I would say that this is a fundamental misunderstanding of Islam, and religion in general if I am honest. Islam, just like Christianity, has a wide range of interpretations and practices. Muslims around the world practice their faith in various ways, the vast majority advocating for peace, justice and coexistence. A small percentage of radicals does not a religion make.

Interpretation of the Quran is a fundamental aspect of the religion, just like the Bible. Islamic jurisprudence, known as fiqh, is a system where scholars interpret the texts to provide guidance that is relevant to the context of the time. It is as dynamic and evolving as any other faith.

There are numerous examples of Muslim majority countries embracing democracy, human rights and secular governments. The worlds largest Muslim majority country, Indonesia, has a secular democratic government with regular elections, and officially recognises several religions.

Letting the radical few inform your view of an entire religion is not a good look.

All the best,
    Tab
    You have just made the perfect case for disenfranchised radical Muslims to find a new home in a Muslim country.

I have already posted several times, it is not an issue against mainstream Muslims.
    It is the Islamic Republic, Muslim Brotherhood, and Islamisists in general.
    Egypt doesn't want anything to do with them, Turkey has taken in 4 million migrants, they are publicly saying they want to send them all back. In the case of Turkey, their issue is mostly with Afghans & Syrians. Turkey has called them - uncivilized, uneducated & barbaric. They have no place in a modern society.

This is not an issue limited to a few cities in the UK.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Not at all, Wick!

It's because "those who do harm" are such a miniscule minority, but their existence and behaviour is blown out of all proportion by the right wing media (as in the excellent examples of this which you have posted).
      Miniscule?

You really have no idea what is happening all across Europe do you?
      I can accept your view if it is based on ignorance, I know some people do not have access to world news via Youtube. I'm not talking about Youtubers, Influencers, or those who post 'click-bait' news clips. I'm talking about mainstream news from Sweden, Denmark, Poland, Hungary, Germany, etc. Millions, yes millions of migrants are flooding across Europe with an aim to settle in France & the UK.

What you don't seem to appreciate is, it only takes one radical Muslim to embed himself in a town, and the whole Muslim community is obliged to follow his instruction, they know this because that is how the Islamic Republic operate in the countries our mainstream Muslims fled from.
      They are not in favor of the same people following them over here and compelling them to support the Islamic Regime.

You/We are not dealing with rational, educated, members of a modern society, they are totally against democracy. Have no respect for debate & making deals.

You/We are dealing with a culture & theology that is right out of the dark-age 7th century middle east.
      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Why on earth would I do that?
        How did I know!!!
        I've been doing this long enough to know my opposition.

I have interacted with migrants every day of my professional life for the last thirteen years.

I know the reality of the situation without listening to a load of misinformation and fake news posted by bigots and scaremongering morons.
        Ah, so you are better informed than the govt. of Sweden, Denmark, Poland, Hungary, Germany, Turkey, Greece.....well, I'm pleased to meet such a well informed individual.

No doubt you can put your vast experience to good use to help this UK govt. get the country out of this dilemma?

Or, perhaps, as was said about Robert Anderson - "you only think you know"?
        Last edited by Wickerman; 07-13-2024, 07:56 PM.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tab View Post

As I have said, Muslims practice their faith in a variety of ways around the world, and there is a wide range of interpretations and beliefs. Their religion does not 'strictly adhere to the exact opposite of all of the things that you want defending', any more than the various Christian religions do. People are quick to post all the vitriol from the radical side of Islam, and ignore everything else. These big sweeping statements do nothing but bog down the debate.

In a survey conducted in 2017 of American Muslims, 52% said homosexuality should be accepted by society. That is double the amount from just 10 years earlier. These are your strict, unwavering Muslims Herlock. I am willing to bet that number is even higher today. Comparatively, only 34% of white evangelical Protestants said they believed homosexuality should be accepted. Go figure.

This should be cause for celebration as things are clearly moving in the right direction, but somehow the echo chamber of extreme right wing nonsense is still rearing it's ugly head.

The spectre of Margaret Thatcher has already been summoned in this thread, along with a longing for a return of the British 'values' of the mid twentieth century, when 'othering' was a way of life. Lets leave the past in the past shall we.

All the best,
          Tab
          Does ‘right wing’ nonsense trump ‘left wing’ nonsense Tab? It’s ok answering questions in a nice safe survey when no one from their families or communities are present. How many stood up and criticised the 9/11 bombers without a ‘but…’ or a ‘however’ in the response. How many would stand up in their mosque and pick out some part of the Quran and say “well we don’t want any of that hateful nonsense.” Look at Gaza. Problem solved if the Palestinian Muslims just accepted a 2 state solution but they won’t. And why? Because of their deep-seated, religiously-based hatred of Jews. Their unending desire for their total obliteration. Its not complex stuff.

We have no choice but to leave the past behind Tab because we keep falling into the same fallacy that new is always better. Someone comes up with some ludicrous bit of ‘new’ thinking and it’s ‘all aboard the bandwagon. The world of ‘woke’ is a calamity. We need problem solving and not fluffy bunny thinking. Most of it is simple. An example, Problem - We have Sharia courts in England. Solution - Send in the police to close them all down with a warning of substantial prison sentences for anyone trying to set up more. Simple. There’s no mystery Tab, these problems are easily solved. Problem - Hate preachers. Solution - Immediate Deportation for life…no excuses. Simple.

Kindness has a place but so does toughness. We have to be prepared to use both.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• I said a while ago that I wanted to leave the topic but I ended up commenting again but I really do want to leave this now. I think that we have some differences which will never be bridged. That’s life. I sincerely hope that I’m wrong on this issue but I see no evidence to make me think so. I think that we’ve been sleepwalking into a disaster for years. I think that in a few years time we will have official Muslim controlled areas in the UK which will be a no-go for non-Muslims. I think that we will see a gradual increase in complaints about things which ‘offend’ the religion which the government will keep giving in to. Then I think that there will be civil wars. By 2070 the UK will look like a cross between a third world slum and a scene from Escape From New York.

R.I.P the UK.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
              I said a while ago that I wanted to leave the topic but I ended up commenting again but I really do want to leave this now. I think that we have some differences which will never be bridged. That’s life. I sincerely hope that I’m wrong on this issue but I see no evidence to make me think so. I think that we’ve been sleepwalking into a disaster for years. I think that in a few years time we will have official Muslim controlled areas in the UK which will be a no-go for non-Muslims. I think that we will see a gradual increase in complaints about things which ‘offend’ the religion which the government will keep giving in to. Then I think that there will be civil wars. By 2070 the UK will look like a cross between a third world slum and a scene from Escape From New York.

R.I.P the UK.
              Please stay.
              At the end of the day most people believe what the mainstream media tells us, man on the moon, JFK, 9/11 etc etc. In a lot of cases we have no option to believe unless we were there so to speak. You only have to look at the House of Lechmere YouTube channel to bring s JtR theme to it all, look at all the comments on there saying how they believe. Why because Ed told them so on the 'telly' so it must be true.
              We rely on accurate accounts of events. However with the dawn of the mobile phone camera and YouTube we may get a different perspective. The main stream media is controlled, it's got an agenda. It tells us what they want us to know. If you want an alternative you either have to go out there and open your eyes or scratch away at the surface.
              I agree with your sentiments regarding the UK, I'm not sure it will take until 2070 though at the rate we are going. But when it does and it will where will be the far left wing and their views then? What did David Icke say about the rectangle in the corner of the living room?

Comment

• This is the kind of activity that separates the radical Muslims from the mainstream Muslims who only want a peaceful life.

Farooq was arrested outside the hospital with the pressure cooker bomb, which was designed to be twice as powerful as those used by the Boston Marathon bombers in 2013.

The court was told he had immersed himself in an "extremist Islamic ideology" and went to the hospital to "seek his own martyrdom" through a "murderous terrorist attack".

Mohammad Farooq planned to detonate a bomb at St James's Hospital in Leeds in January 2023, court hears.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	c8636ebb-515a-4da8-a79e-8ce985e3466b.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	837932

Fancy being allowed to change one of my local shops into a a Pizza shop... scandalous. (However I must admit they are nice kebabs from there...)

Comment

• Which of the two photos is supposed to represent the 'Good Ol' Days'?

Comment

• Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post
                      Which of the two photos is supposed to represent the 'Good Ol' Days'?
                      None sir, it was kind of sarcasm, but I could not find the 'sarcasm font/smiley' apologies...

Comment

• Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post

None sir, it was kind of sarcasm, but I could not find the 'sarcasm font/smiley' apologies...
                        Oh, I understood the sarcasm or at least the jarring irony, but I also couldn't help making a mental note that 'pizza' is a sign of foreign invasion.

An East End politician recently posted a map showing much of his district underwater in 2070. There's going to be bigger problems than how KFC kills their chickens.

Comment

Oh, I understood the sarcasm or at least the jarring irony, but I also couldn't help making a mental note that 'pizza' is a sign of foreign invasion.
                          That is how it starts with all the lovely foodie goodies, it's how they win you over. Irony yes why not, self-deprecation hell yeah, why not. Mainly just humour though, even if it was warped humour...

Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post
                          An East End politician recently posted a map showing much of his district underwater in 2070. There's going to be bigger problems than how KFC kills their chickens.
                          One of those issues we can do something about it, the other we can't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                            This is the kind of activity that separates the radical Muslims from the mainstream Muslims who only want a peaceful life.

Farooq was arrested outside the hospital with the pressure cooker bomb, which was designed to be twice as powerful as those used by the Boston Marathon bombers in 2013.

The court was told he had immersed himself in an "extremist Islamic ideology" and went to the hospital to "seek his own martyrdom" through a "murderous terrorist attack".

Mohammad Farooq planned to detonate a bomb at St James's Hospital in Leeds in January 2023, court hears.

I'm confused. How come the authorities, or the jury for that matter, were not worried about being labelled racisits and bowed to the muslim mob?

Comment

• There are still some out there who have a spine... and know right from wrong, thankfully.

Notice how the Governments Mouthpiece (BBC) talk of him wanting to be a martyre, yet he tried to kill himself among innocent citizens?
                              He could Martyre himself out on Ilkley Moore, away from everyone.
                              The Beeb don't want to let the public know he has to take none-believers with him to be a Martyre - in the eyes of the radicals.
                              That might upset too many Lefties at the breakfast table...
                              Last edited by Wickerman; 07-14-2024, 07:47 PM.
                              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Perhaps he was warning everyone that migrant boats will then have direct access to the east end?
                                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                                X