Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by caz View Post
    Who are all these people who have arrived in a new country, 'demanding' it to change to suit them? What evidence do you have that your own country has agreed to any such demand? The Tories were in power for the last 14 years and could hardly be arsed to change a light bulb, so I doubt they'd have gone out of their way to change the country to suit the immigrants they never wanted here in the first place but did bugger all except moan about the numbers.
    I'm not sure if you are being deliberately obtuse here to goad me into some argument or what. It's not necessarily about government it's down to councils. Ethnic minorities are growing year on year and year on year changes are implemented to suit them instead of them changing to suit their host country. Which is my whole point. Wickerman and Herlock have said as much. I do not know the figures but historically we are a Christian Country, you agree with this point..so how many Mosques did we have in 1950, how many do we have now? (Just as one example.)

Originally posted by caz
    This may officially be a Christian country, but where have all its values gone?

Originally posted by caz View Post
    My country hasn't changed for the worse due to foreigners demanding it, since I was born in the 1950s. It changed very much for the worse in 2016 when idiots claiming to love their country trashed it by voting for Brexit, and later for Boris Johnson. Recovery will be painfully slow, and we are all in the same boat, but thankfully not a small one sinking in the Channel.
    Look at the news, not the mainstream news that has to stay wokey and non offensive but the real news, the stuff that is actually happening in the inner cities around the UK.
    BREXIT as far as I can see has not trashed anything, it's still the same shite it was for years before hand. Richer getting richer, poorer getting poorer etc, typical Tory rubbish but since they are all as bad as each other who knows.​

Comment

Yes, that's why I allowed for it not being a problem for you at all, but if it was just an observation I'm not clear what your point was in making it.
      I've stated my point numerous times now it's not my fault you do not understand it.

You were talking about one street, so I don't doubt the skin colour ratio you observed there would be much the same without your own white face in evidence.
      What does that even mean?

But I was suggesting that you'd have noticed and commented on it if this was not the only street during your visit to London with the same lack of white faces. It would have been an obvious observation to add, whether your point was to highlight a problem or you were just making random statements for no particular reason.
      Like I've said I've made my point numerous times now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yabs View Post
        So you’re saying the Muslim community contacted KFC and demanded they serve halal because they’re all up in arms and desperate to try a zinger burger?
        Or is this a case of KFC corporate heads getting together and wanting to attract Muslim customers?

If this is KFC just trying to widen their customer base and not the unlikely scenario that the local Muslim community are getting mad because they can’t try popcorn chicken then it’s hardly fair of you to blame Muslims is it?
        What do you mean "So you are saying?"
        I'm not part of KFC, the add speaks for itself.

Think for a moment, if they are widening their customer base, why is it not an option?
        Sikhs cannot eat ritually slaughtered meat - hows that for "inclusivity"?

A lot of fast food places offer test selections, so why remove anything with pork?
        KFC head office don't seem to want to talk about it.
        What the halal?! We went to KFC HQ to find out why – and they threatened to call the police!

KFC are pandering to Muslim demands.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tab View Post

Muslims are indeed allowed four wives according to Islam, however it makes no difference to asylum support. The allowance amount does not vary based on the number of spouses in a polygamous relationship - there are no special amounts. It's a standard allowance across the board based on each person in a household.
          It makes no difference what you think you know, its your money not mine. The form exists and your govt. has been lying to you for years.
          The bureaucrats have been doctoring the figures & statistics, the central govt. is corrupt.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post
            I do not know the figures but historically we are a Christian Country, you agree with this point..
            This has always been in flux since records began. I hear that Toutatis is still miffed that he was so rudely pushed aside 2,000 years ago and replaced with roman gods such a Jupiter and Mars. Not long after, they replaced theit own gods with a Chritian god. Then they denounced that one and came up with the Church of England simply because it was more convenient to the monarch at the time. Shortly after they would rather crown a foreign protestant (a German no less) so they could avoid a catholic monarch from scotland. In the 2001 UK census, Jediism has been the fourth largest religion in the country, and so on and so on.

My point is, culture and religion has always been in transition here and everywhere else in the world. Resisting it is like resiting nature itself.

Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post
            so how many Mosques did we have in 1950, how many do we have now? (Just as one example.)
            When you live in a free and fair society, you will need to accept things that you don't like and in order to arrive a completed mosque/church/Jedi temple, you need to do the following:

1. Build or purchase a suitable property.
            2. Comply with the local regulations pertaining to the places of worship.
            3. Comply with any other noise and/or crowd control regulations in that particular location (is it residential, commercial, etc....)

So you would need to point out where a council could legally prevent a mosque from being built and I'm not sure they can. apart from any other transaction for a property like a butchers, beauty salon or pub, the UK gaurantees its citizens freedom of religion. This a human right which has been guaranteed under international law within the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) since 1966. Article 18 of the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights, adopted in 1948, states that ‘everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion’.​

So you could say that Freedom of Religion of Thought should not apply here, but then you are indirectly saying that you don't want to live in a free and fair society when it doesnlt suit you. No matter what you think about a mosque in Woking or Basildon, the alternative would just not be acceptable to me.

Comment

• I wasn’t going to make any other points on this discussion but I had comment on one of the topics mentions. I’ve been checking online and I can’t see any mention of Tesco having a Kosher butchers anywhere. Maybe they exist (and I’d be grateful if someone could point one out) but the butchers in my local large Tesco’s is an Halal Butcher. Not a butchers that includes the sale of Halal meat but a wholly Halal butchers. So if someone goes into Tesco West Bromwich and asks for a freshly cut joint of Lamb from the butcher for example the choice is to have one that’s been killed in the cruellest possible manner or to go elsewhere (no pork of course) Would anyone consider this fair?

We also get ‘Halal by stealth.’ Foods on sale containing Halal meat (perhaps stated in tiny writing on the back of the packet) And we’ve seen the KFC example above. How is this defensible? Yes have the option of Halal for the minority but no don’t force the majority into either missing out or into,eating Halal. How have we got here?

I really don’t think that I’m being unfair here or that I’m picking on any group but the majority of people don’t have these religious dietary restrictions, so of course there should be outlets selling Halal or Kosher produce or and other religiously restricted foods but we shouldn’t be in a position where we can go to a store where we have to consciously opt out of having Halal food..often leaving us with no choice but to go elsewhere. After all, not everyone reads every single packet of food (I never read any) and we would be outraged, wouldn’t we, if a vegetarian or a vegan mistakenly ate meat products - something that they had decided not to do for reasons of animal cruelty. Or if someone was taken ill due to some missed allergy foodstuff. So why wouldn’t we be concerned that someone might eat animal products where the animal in question had been hung upside down, had its throat cut and been left kicking and twitching to bleed to death, if they felt strongly against it (which most normal people would)

And in case anyone thinks that I’m picking on Muslims (and I know this will annoy some but I’m sorry but they have taken victimhood to professional heights, so much so that we now get terrorist supporters on the street and the police do nothing) I would also ban (and I mean ban) all forms of religious genital mutilation for anyone who is under 18. This would affect both Muslims and Jews of course but I think that the person being mutilated should be old enough to make that decision for his/her self (not that any woman would volunteer for the absolute horror that is FGM of course)

A minority should never dictate to a majority. You can be entirely fair, considerate and respectful without submitting to the will and belief systems of others. This problem will only get worse. It’s a hackneyed phrase but “give them an inch…” It has definitely started. Little by little. A small change here, a concession there. The occasional ‘well, it’s not that bad is it?’ Then we hear, and I’ve heard it, ‘ok so they abuse people for walking in ‘their’ areas but at least we know there’ll be no drunkenness because they don’t drink’…well that’s ok then.

Why are the authorities reluctant to act in these blatant issues? Sadly, I think that we all know the answer to that one.
              Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 07-12-2024, 08:58 AM.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                Why are the authorities reluctant to act in these blatant issues? Sadly, I think that we all know the answer to that one.
                Because like here they will get labelled at racist, Islamophobic or xenophobic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

It makes no difference what you think you know, its your money not mine.
                  What does this even mean? The government clearly states what benefits asylum seekers receive. It's not about what I think I know. Although I know you are talking rubbish in this instance.

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                  The form exists and your govt. has been lying to you for years.
                  So you saw a form some idiot knocked up in Microsoft Word with the sole intention of misleading and angering other idiots, and said to yourself "Yeah this looks legit, I need no more evidence, lets spread this around. That's the responsible thing to do".

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                  The bureaucrats have been doctoring the figures & statistics, the central govt. is corrupt.
                  The confirmation bias is strong in you, looks like it has been festering for many years. You are happy to use government provided stats and figures when it suits your argument, but when they don't agree with you they are all doctored, corrupt and lying to us. Nice.

All the best,
                  Tab

Comment

The confirmation bias is strong in you, looks like it has been festering for many years. You are happy to use government provided stats and figures when it suits your argument, but when they don't agree with you they are all doctored, corrupt and lying to us. Nice.
                    Ooo this sounds like the Lechmere Theory

Comment

I just think that when problems exist and they aren’t just a matter of someone’s opinion, then the government (whichever party) has a duty to act. Failure to do so just stores up increasing problems for the future. We know those particular problems exist and we know that no one has undertaken any action to put them right. The worst part is that we know why they haven’t. For one thing they would rather face hostile Martians landing than get called a name on social media and, more importantly, they fear the almost inevitable physical backlash. Protests, riots, attacks etc, that would follow along with the weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I never supported Margaret Thatcher, but we need someone of her strength and desire to achieve a goal. Someone not scared of being disliked. I see no one around at the moment that comes close to fitting the bill.
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

And that is how they try to silence you, abuse first, violence next.
                        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Lets not confuse gender and biology. Funnily enough my son never makes this mistake, as he was taught the difference... in school.

All the best,
                          Alan
                          Tell that to the transgender group.
                          They seem to think if they change their gender (how they see themselves), it also changes the 'Y' chromosome to an 'X', changing their sex from male to female.
                          Can you explain to them how it is not possible?
                          They cannot change their biology, ergo, born males use the male washrooms/toilets, regardless how they see themselves.
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Well this just tipped in to the bizarre. No pork on the shelves, no 'great British breakfast', no Christmas celebrations?!??!

KEEPING BACON ON YOUR PLATE - VOTE REFORM

These can't possibly be genuine concerns around immigration?

Keep checking your grocery stores while labor is in power - time will tell.
                            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Keep checking your grocery stores while labour is in power - time will tell.
                              If I lose bacon, I'm taking to the streets, pitchforks, burning torches the whole nine yards...

Comment

Why does any innocent person, straight, gay or trans, have to justify their existence and who they are to all the hate-filled people who still talk of mental illness or lifestyle choice, and feel personally threatened by anyone who is 'different' but doing them no harm?
                                Surely, it should be obvious to you, and all the rest, that "anyone who is 'different' but doing them no harm", is not the problem.
                                I have to wonder why people try to confuse the issue by talking about those "who do no harm", when the concern is over those "who do harm"?
                                Is it because they feel their argument is weak that they have to obfuscate the issue?

Single cubicle washroom/toilet with its own door, is surely the solution for toilets.
                                But, what about change rooms, that seems to be a huge concern for many women - having a biological male, in a wig & lipstick, loitering?, behind them while they are getting undressed?

You mentioned mental illness, I wasn't going to go that far on here, but if a biological male thinks he is a female, you don't think he has an issue 'upstairs'?

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                                X