Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Are you implying I said he was?
    Back in the 60's we had Enoch Powell, I can't remember what kind of following he had, but up north where I grew up he was considered to be more of a comical character.
    I don't remember anyone who took him serious, I really think the ideas promoted by the old National Front have matured in the past half century, at least I hope so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

There’s an agenda driven section of society that treats Churchill like a serial killer.
      Well he was 13 in 1888, did he have links to Whitechapel?

Comment

If it was down to me, and they found the person that defaced Churchill’s statue, i’d have sent them to prison. Only for 5 years though….on bread and water….with a weekly flogging.
        Or maybe forced to clean Thatcher's statue by licking it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post

So you are stating as a matter of fact that immigration 'gives' more to the NHS than it 'takes?'
          I am stating what I stated in that post and several others, I don't know how much more clear I can be. I am also not sure the point you are trying to squeeze out. Legal immigrants contribute to the system the same as British people do. In addition, the skilled work force portion contribute much more in the form of the work and services they provide. I'll say it again, their strain on the NHS in measured in fractions of a percent. They do not 'give' more to the NHS than they take, they contribute as much as anyone else while also providing much needed services that would not be possible without them. Stats also show that spending attributed to immigrants on health and social care is lower per person per year than for British citizens. There are so many factors that need to be accounted for and the full picture is nuanced. The majority of immigrants tend to be young adults, which rely less on social care and health services. Far less than the majority of our aging British population. However, they do tend to rely on our education system more.

Stepping back and looking at the overall picture there is no benefit to simply stopping immigration. They provide a net benefit.

All the best,
          Tab

Comment

• Originally posted by Tab View Post
            Stepping back and looking at the overall picture there is no benefit to simply stopping immigration. They provide a net benefit.
            Just the legal ones though, yes?

Comment

No, I think you'll find that is part of the problem.

You just described Legal immigrants, who do find work.
              I did just describe legal immigrants, you're right. That's all I have been talking about the for last 6 or 7 pages.

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
              Its the illegal ones who get hand-outs from the tax-payer; a bicycle, a new smart phone, credit cards, etc., and sit around doing nothing. They either can't speak English, or have no identification, or no qualifications.
              They are just a burden on society that cannot be sustained.
              I don't think anyone is questioning that there is an issue around illegal immigration.

All the best,
              Tab

Comment

• Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post

Just the legal ones though, yes?
                Yes, as that is all we have been discussing thus far.

Comment

The majority of immigrants tend to be young adults, which rely less on social care and health services. Far less than the majority of our aging British population. However, they do tend to rely on our education system more.

What about the young pregnant females and mothers ? Health services and benefits. Much more than our ageing population,

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post

What about the young pregnant females and mothers ? Health services and benefits.
                    Yes.

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                    Much more than our ageing population,
                    No.

Comment

Its the illegal ones who get hand-outs from the tax-payer; a bicycle, a new smart phone, credit cards, etc., and sit around doing nothing. They either can't speak English, or have no identification, or no qualifications.
                      Hi Wick,

I'm not sure how things work in Canada but here anyone who can't prove their status has no recourse to public funds so they get zero hand-outs from the tax payer. No benefits, no housing entitlement, let alone smart phones or bicycles.

Comment

No.
                        Really ? It`s NHS tourism for young migrants and the families they bring with them
                        The ageing population have paid for any health service and benefits. A lifelong contribution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post

Really ? It`s NHS tourism for young migrants and the families they bring with them
                          The ageing population have paid for any health service and benefits. A lifelong contribution.
                          Really.

Isn't health tourism the idea of people travelling here with the sole purpose of seeking free treatment for pre-existing conditions. Like a holiday with an A&E visit thrown in, then they just go home. The evidence that this is even a thing is also lacking, but I'll play along.

People who come over on visas, who work and contribute and pay NI like the rest of us should be entitled to public services like the rest of us. It doesn't matter how long you have paid in to the system. It is a national health service.

All the best,
                          Tab

Comment

Really.

Isn't health tourism the idea of people travelling here with the sole purpose of seeking free treatment for pre-existing conditions. Like a holiday with an A&E visit thrown in, then they just go home. The evidence that this is even a thing is also lacking, but I'll play along.
                            Yeah really, play along.
                            I work with EU NHS tourists. They`ve come over with pre-existing conditions seeking free treatment.

People who come over on visas, who work and contribute and pay NI like the rest of us should be entitled to public services like the rest of us. It doesn't matter how long you have paid in to the system. It is a national health service.
                            Yes, they should be entitled to public services. Who says they shouldn`t ?

Comment

This is government policy. Why not let them work, there’s no reason not?
                              They need them to be a burden just so they can point at them instead of us looking at the government. It’s a very old technique.

Comment

For a start we have to stop encouraging everyone to hate ourselves and our own history and to go around apologising all the time.
                                Where do you see evidence if this happening? Personally after living in the UK for 29 years I did not notice this beyond a healthy acknowledgement of what problens do exist and that they need solutions. Every country in the world has problems and someone's willingness to accept their existence is not automatically a sign of "self-hate"

Comment

Working...
                                X