Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nicola Bulley, what does everybody think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caz View Post
    The police have just revealed that detectives judged Nicola to be at high risk when she was reported missing, due to "specific vulnerabilities" they were made aware of.

This is apparently normal with missing person cases, so it may simply mean that this was a female out walking alone in a relatively quiet area when she was last sighted. The problem is that the wording here will no doubt give rise to all sorts of new speculation about the nature of these specific vulnerabilities, including whether they relate to her life before her sudden unexplained disappearance.

And here we are, the radio news has just reported that she was considered to be at high risk due to vulnerabilities at the time she went missing, which could be read in two ways. More clarity is surely needed.

Love,

Caz
    X​
    Yes, it’s very unclear about the nature of special vulnerabilities. Anyone going missing in these circumstances would be vulnerable and especially a lone woman but do these ‘special’ vulnerabilities come from information received? And why weren’t they mentioned sooner?
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Nicola's partner, who would know if she had any specific vulnerabilities before she walked off into thin air, has said he is 100% certain she didn't go in the river, which implies he has some other theory about where she went and why.

I'm more puzzled than ever now. Nothing is making sense.

Love,

Caz
      X
      Yes, that level of confidence that she didn’t end up in the river tends to imply that he might have a good reason for believing an alternative explanation. Big mystery Caz.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Hello Jeff,

Fair points as usual. Without going as far as speculating whether any abductor might work for the security company who viewed the camera’s (giving him knowledge of cctv blind spots) I’m unsure how easy it would have been to discover any blind spot? These camera’s are usually on street lamps or the sides of buildings I believe but I don’t think that you can tell when one isn’t actually working unless it’s obviously damaged (and even then it would follow that it wasn’t working I would have thought) Obviously the police would have checked all of the nearby cameras and, unless they haven’t mentioned it for some reason, you would have thought they would have spotted anyone loitering around or acting suspiciously in any way.

If she was abducted it’s not impossible of course that the abductor was just lucky.

https://news.sky.com/story/nicola-bu...e-say-12810969

The police appear to ‘firmly’ believe that she ended up in the river but they haven’t said what specific reasons made her ‘high risk,’ after speaking to her boyfriend. So are there underlying issues which haven’t been revealed?

This is the fisherman story that Wulf mentioned.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/u...ermen-26239988
        so bizarre. i think the police are implying that due to her "vulnerabilities" she was high risk for suicide? and that she committed suicide by jumping in the river? they clearly still think she drowned. amd yet her boyfriend is adamant that she didnt drown and its foul play. the police need to be more clear what they mean by these vulnerabilities, it could actually help solve it, if the public knew. here in the states when police start talking about a persons high risk and vulnerabilies etc, it means they are drug related, prostitution which points towrds foul play. they need to clear it up asap.

there were reports of two fishermen acting suspicious. they need to be found. I read somewhere about a caravan park nearby..whats that? like an trailor park, or camper parking?!? that needs to be checked out. talk about a mobile bolt hole!

i saw from the video the place is surrounded by fields, small woods and also what looks like housing, and town houses surrounding a pond. Id be all over that as if its someone who lives nearby... no need for a car. and id search that little pond.

that video at the end, I caught that the dog was found running from a gate/fence area behind the bench back to the bench. did the abductor take her through that gate? where does that lead to?

also, im under the impression the police are focusing on drowning, and her not leaving the park, because the cameras havnt caught anything. they need to give that up. the area is huge there is no way there are cameras that cover all the possibilities, especially if it someone who lives nearby walking distance and can cut across the fields and open areas. they might even know where the cameras are. and not all the cameras may be working properly.

Comment

Yes, it’s very unclear about the nature of special vulnerabilities. Anyone going missing in these circumstances would be vulnerable and especially a lone woman but do these ‘special’ vulnerabilities come from information received? And why weren’t they mentioned sooner?

It would depend on the precise nature of the vulnerabilities, but the police have said they have revealed much more than they would otherwise have done, due to the unprecedented media speculation. If it was just the general vulnerability of any missing female that made Nicola 'high risk', as I previously wondered, the police could have said so from the outset. So it does now appear a bit more complex than that, despite their main theory still being an accidental fall into the river.

I can't work out how any existing "specific" vulnerabilities, described to the police by Nicola's partner, could have any bearing on her ending up in the river, when he is so sure that didn't happen. What's the connection we're not getting?

Love,

Caz
          X

"Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

It would depend on the precise nature of the vulnerabilities, but the police have said they have revealed much more than they would otherwise have done, due to the unprecedented media speculation. If it was just the general vulnerability of any missing female that made Nicola 'high risk', as I previously wondered, the police could have said so from the outset. So it does now appear a bit more complex than that, despite their main theory still being an accidental fall into the river.

I can't work out how any existing "specific" vulnerabilities, described to the police by Nicola's partner, could have any bearing on her ending up in the river, when he is so sure that didn't happen. What's the connection we're not getting?

Love,

Caz
            X
            The police said explicitly the vulnerabilities were private and out of respect for the family they would not share the nature of those vulnerabilities.

It’s easy to speculate this must be code for some kind of depression issues or mental illness. Which speculating again may suggest suicide.

I am convinced she entered the water one way or another.
            Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
            JayHartley.com

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

I read somewhere about a caravan park nearby..whats that? like an trailor park, or camper parking?!? that needs to be checked out. talk about a mobile bolt hole!
              It’s impossible to know which caravan park they’re talking about Abby. These places can either be caravans for hire or places where people can park up their own or pitch tents. The police did mention a tatty red camper van but I don’t know if there’s been any further mention of it. You’d think that it would stand out like a sore thumb?

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by erobitha View Post

The police said explicitly the vulnerabilities were private and out of respect for the family they would not share the nature of those vulnerabilities.

It’s easy to speculate this must be code for some kind of depression issues or mental illness. Which speculating again may suggest suicide.

Have they said whether she could swim or not Ero?
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

so bizarre. i think the police are implying that due to her "vulnerabilities" she was high risk for suicide? and that she committed suicide by jumping in the river? they clearly still think she drowned. amd yet her boyfriend is adamant that she didnt drown and its foul play. the police need to be more clear what they mean by these vulnerabilities, it could actually help solve it, if the public knew. here in the states when police start talking about a persons high risk and vulnerabilies etc, it means they are drug related, prostitution which points towrds foul play. they need to clear it up asap.
                  Hi Abby,

Well, drowning is what the police are saying is their main theory, but they also remain open to the possibility of an abduction or a voluntary disappearance. They may well be following other leads they can't talk about while they are ongoing, and may be pushing the drowning theory in the hope of someone disproving it, or giving away some clue if anyone else was involved. Whatever Nicola's partner told the police about her when she first went missing may have led to certain enquiries of a difficult or delicate nature, which they need to keep tight lipped about for the benefit of all concerned.

The police are under no obligation to 'clear it up' publicly before they are good and ready, nor are they there to satisfy public curiosity. It has to be their decision what information to release and what to keep to themselves until further notice.

Love,

Caz
                  X

Comment

Originally posted by erobitha View Post

her dog was found running from a gate behind the bench to the bench, not in between the bench and tje water as id originally thought. that kind of changes alot.
                    they should check out that gate where it leads and maybe use scent hounds.

Comment

It’s impossible to know which caravan park they’re talking about Abby. These places can either be caravans for hire or places where people can park up their own or pitch tents. The police did mention a tatty red camper van but I don’t know if there’s been any further mention of it. You’d think that it would stand out like a sore thumb?
                      yeah they need to check out these caravan parks, especially since the sighting of the two suspicious fisher men. two men abducting her and taking her to their camper nearby would make sense.

also, i nbeleive i read that she was a strong swimmer.

Comment

I believe the red van has been described as 'not suspicious', but frustratingly that's not quite the same as saying it has been entirely ruled out.

Comment

yeah they need to check out these caravan parks, especially since the sighting of the two suspicious fisher men. two men abducting her and taking her to their camper nearby would make sense.

also, i nbeleive i read that she was a strong swimmer.
                          Yes, Abby. A close friend described Nicola as an "incredibly strong swimmer".

Comment

Hi Abby,

Well, drowning is what the police are saying is their main theory, but they also remain open to the possibility of an abduction or a voluntary disappearance. They may well be following other leads they can't talk about while they are ongoing, and may be pushing the drowning theory in the hope of someone disproving it, or giving away some clue if anyone else was involved. Whatever Nicola's partner told the police about her when she first went missing may have led to certain enquiries of a difficult or delicate nature, which they need to keep tight lipped about for the benefit of all concerned.

The police are under no obligation to 'clear it up' publicly before they are good and ready, nor are they there to satisfy public curiosity. It has to be their decision what information to release and what to keep to themselves until further notice.

Love,

Caz
                            X
                            got it. but reading between the lines it sounds like they are implying mental issues and suicide by drowning does it not?

Comment

There is a decent size lake at the caravan park - I haven't heard of this being dived, but it is extremely close to the last confirmed sighting location in the top field.

Comment

Originally posted by Aethelwulf View Post
                                There is a decent size lake at the caravan park - I haven't heard of this being dived, but it is extremely close to the last confirmed sighting location in the top field.
                                bingo

Comment

Working...
                                X