Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, I just did come across something funny:

“I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have,”

“You know what they did and you’re not reporting it,” the president said. “You know, that’s a criminal — that’s a criminal offense. And you know, you can’t let that happen. That’s a big risk to you and to Ryan, your lawyer. That’s a big risk".

Just another day in the Trump White House....
    Last edited by Svensson; 01-03-2021, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Yes. I remember him reading the statement from a teleprompter and then he spent the next 45 minutes contradicting his teleprompter statement. I think his remarks about Robert E. Lee came a few days later when the WH spin machine was in its usual damage control mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Svensson View Post
        Yes. I remember him reading the statement from a teleprompter and then he spent the next 45 minutes contradicting his teleprompter statement. I think his remarks about Robert E. Lee came a few days later when the WH spin machine was in its usual damage control mode.
        Well, my point is he clearly denounced white supremacy and bigotry he left the room immediately after his comments. He did not take questions. You should watch the video again.

The comments about fine people who opposed and who were in favor of the Robert E Lee statue being removed came Saturday night after the tragic event occurred Saturday afternoon. The President was leaving another event and the press asked questions about what had occurred earlier that day.

There really is nothing to spin the event where the tragedy occurred was the removal of the Robert E Lee statue the event was not made up.
        Last edited by celee; 01-03-2021, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Why? I think it's pretty good :P
          You're in in the groove Svensson.

You're absolutely right, I'm sitting here with a naive cheeky little Chardonnay, watching CNN report the President of the United States give a superb impression of a Mafia made guy.
          It's ok, I can handle it, I have a blu ray disc of "Withnail and I" that I'll be watching tomorrow.

Comment

It really is time Celee and Donald Trump got a room.
            Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

It really is amazing, and sad that people have invested so much time and energy hating the President that they are unable to accept any evidence that goes against what they believe. Even when presented with absolute proof that a negative narrative concerning the President is false people will deny the truth.

I was on the board of my local ACLU and I showed up at a meeting one day and one of my fellow board members was outraged that President Trump called immigrants animals. I too was disturbed because I believed her information was accurate. When I got home, I saw the CNN report where they showed a clip from a meeting that the President had with victims of MS-13 gang violence and their families. The sound bite made it appear because of editing that the President did indeed call immigrants' animals. However, when I watched the full meeting on YouTube it was clear that the media had edited the video and the President had called MS-13 gang members who butcher people with machetes and had raped this woman's daughter he was talking to, animals.

When I mentioned the fact to my board member friend. She still refused to admit the narrative was wrong saying MS-13 gang members are immigrants. I guess technically she was right but the narrative the media was pushing was false.

Comment

Originally posted by celee View Post

Take five minutes to refresh your memory. (9) President Trump condemns Charlottesville violence - YouTube
                I can not BELIEVE you made me watch a trump clip but here we go:

So this is a clear example of Teleprompter Trump from 12 AUG 2017 coupled with the fact that he walked out after the statement and not engage with the press. What clearly happened here is that his team said, "you gotta say something, Donald. Just read the teleprompter and DO NOT, repeat, DO NOT stay for questions.". it is one of the few occasions where he listened to his team.

Fast forward 3 days to 15 AUG and Trump is again off the leash and the reservation. Starting by suggesting it took him three days to respond to the Charlottesville incident because he likes to know all the facts before wading into an issue (LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL). the whole 16 minutes of this free-wheling non-sense can bee seen at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGKbFA7HW-U

I don'tt know why you thik that Trump gets off the hook by suggesting he referred to people who were protesting the removal of a confederate statue. While the same bunch of swastikaflag-waving MAGA-hat wearing lunatics who carried out an ISIS style terror attack on US soil might well have been protesting the removal of a status, this is the protest where "Blood And Soil", "The Jews will not replace us" were chanted during a Nazi-style torch march on US soil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ENcTEK0Tqg

Then, let's look at this statue that is so precious to these Good People: the Confederacy left the Union and then attacked the United States over the issue of slavery. You need to remember that it is the Confederacy who first fired shots in the Civil war, all with the intent to retain slavery. IMO, there is no place for Confederate monuments on US soil. Likewise, there is no statue of Rommel in Vichy or of Napoleon in in Red Square. The other thing to consider is why are these statues so precious to the Nazis? Is it the fact that the Confederacy fought in favour of racism? Or do they hate the Union so much that they are looking up to any entity who attacked the United States? It's certainly not for "historical value"...

So Trump then decided to take the side of the fascists in Charlottesville, vigorously defending them. Heck, I mean he even vetoed a defense spending bill to keep these Good People sweet....

Comment

Originally posted by celee View Post
                  It really is amazing, and sad that people have invested so much time and energy hating the President that they are unable to accept any evidence that goes against what they believe. Even when presented with absolute proof that a negative narrative concerning the President is false people will deny the truth.

I was on the board of my local ACLU and I showed up at a meeting one day and one of my fellow board members was outraged that President Trump called immigrants animals. I too was disturbed because I believed her information was accurate. When I got home, I saw the CNN report where they showed a clip from a meeting that the President had with victims of MS-13 gang violence and their families. The sound bite made it appear because of editing that the President did indeed call immigrants' animals. However, when I watched the full meeting on YouTube it was clear that the media had edited the video and the President had called MS-13 gang members who butcher people with machetes and had raped this woman's daughter he was talking to, animals.

When I mentioned the fact to my board member friend. She still refused to admit the narrative was wrong saying MS-13 gang members are immigrants. I guess technically she was right but the narrative the media was pushing was false.
                  The whole shtick about sitting there with the families of MS-13 victims was designed so he can call immigrants "animals" in public again. MS-13 is primarily central american and hispanic. He spent almost as much time calling people of perma-tan or colour this or that than he did playing golf (22 percent of his time in office). Some more examples:

@realDonaldTrump
                  ·
                  Jul 27, 2019
                  ....As proven last week during a Congressional tour, the Border is clean, efficient & well run, just very crowded. Cumming District is a disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess. If he spent more time in Baltimore, maybe he could help clean up this very dangerous & filthy place

@realDonaldTrump
                  ·
                  14 Jul 2019
                  ....and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how....

@realDonaldTrump
                  ·
                  19 Jun 2018
                  Democrats are the problem. They don’t care about crime and want illegal immigrants, no matter how bad they may be, to pour into and infest our Country, like MS-13. They can’t win on their terrible policies, so they view them as potential voters!

@realDonaldTrump
                  Congressman John Lewis should spend more time on fixing and helping his district, which is in horrible shape and falling apart (not to......
                  1:50 pm · 14 Jan 2017
                  @realDonaldTrump
                  ·
                  14 Jan 2017
                  mention crime infested) rather than falsely complaining about the election results. All talk, talk, talk - no action or results. Sad!

@realDonaldTrump
                  ·
                  18 Apr 2018
                  There is a Revolution going on in California. Soooo many Sanctuary areas want OUT of this ridiculous, crime infested & breeding concept. Jerry Brown is trying to back out of the National Guard at the Border, but the people of the State are not happy. Want Security & Safety NOW!

So the suggestion that Trump has racist views on blacks and immigrants does not stand or fall with this one MS-13 clip, it is again part of an ongoing pattern and such a pattern can not be explained away by hostile media editing.

Comment

On another note, it looks like Donnie has committed yet another crime (certainly impeachable) by attempting to bully the Georgia Governor to falsify the election results by threatening him with (clownish) legal consequences. I see that the cavalry consisting of Devon Nunes and Jim Jordan are already upset that the call has been leaked, rather than being upset with its content. It is no surprise that they are receiving the medal of freedom for their troubles. So basically, if you have committed crimes on behalf of Donnie, you get a pardon. If you haven't, you get a medal of freedom. I'm prepared to bet a tenner that someone will get both .

All this is further evidence (as if that was really needed) that Trump will never accept the election result and my dream-scenario of him getting dragged out of the office kicking and screaming on January 20th is now a realistic option. Maybe then he will finally figure out what the hell is going on.
                    Last edited by Svensson; 01-04-2021, 11:41 PM.

Comment

You spend so much time trying to justify your hatred of President Trump. The people who lived in John Lewis' district agreed with the President A Baltimore news agency interviewed them and they said we live in filth. It is not racist for the President to point out that John Lewis had neglected the people who live in their district and forced them to live in slums. The President was criticizing the congressman, not the poor unfortunates that live in the rat-infested neighborhood. So many Democrat-run Cities are dangerous slums. The murder rate in Chicago is very high.

I knew you were going to comment on the Georgia phone call but I bet you did not listen to the whole audio tape? I did.

Why do the self-professed "progressives" always fall for the propaganda tactics of the bias media? You would think they would learn.

The Washington Post leaks 30 seconds of an hour-long phone call they claim the President demanded the Georgia Secretary of State help him steal the election and the Democrats have no curiosity concerning the other 59 minutes and 30 seconds of the conversation. You would think their beautiful minds would have figured out that the media uses sound bites to make the President look guilty.

The "progressives" are so eager to have their irrational hate for the President validated they just accept any negative story that feeds their fragile egos as fact. Well, of course, there is a transcript of the phone call. and the Washington Post actually released the full audiotape. The Washington Post knows that their audience is not going to waste the time listening to the entire hour-long conversation.

Well, I listened to the entire phone conversation, and The President was upset. He was ranting. He is trying to explain to the Georgia Secretary of State all the election fraud that has occurred in his State. However, at no time does he ask him to manufacture votes. The President told him he wants a fair accurate vote count

If you care to listen to the entire call. Transcript and audio: Trump call with Georgia Sec. of State Brad Raffensperger - The Washington Post
                      Last edited by celee; 01-05-2021, 04:08 AM.

Comment

I can not BELIEVE you made me watch a trump clip but here we go:

So this is a clear example of Teleprompter Trump from 12 AUG 2017 coupled with the fact that he walked out after the statement and not engage with the press. What clearly happened here is that his team said, "you gotta say something, Donald. Just read the teleprompter and DO NOT, repeat, DO NOT stay for questions.". it is one of the few occasions where he listened to his team.

Fast forward 3 days to 15 AUG and Trump is again off the leash and the reservation. Starting by suggesting it took him three days to respond to the Charlottesville incident because he likes to know all the facts before wading into an issue (LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL). the whole 16 minutes of this free-wheling non-sense can bee seen at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGKbFA7HW-U

I don'tt know why you thik that Trump gets off the hook by suggesting he referred to people who were protesting the removal of a confederate statue. While the same bunch of swastikaflag-waving MAGA-hat wearing lunatics who carried out an ISIS style terror attack on US soil might well have been protesting the removal of a status, this is the protest where "Blood And Soil", "The Jews will not replace us" were chanted during a Nazi-style torch march on US soil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ENcTEK0Tqg

Then, let's look at this statue that is so precious to these Good People: the Confederacy left the Union and then attacked the United States over the issue of slavery. You need to remember that it is the Confederacy who first fired shots in the Civil war, all with the intent to retain slavery. IMO, there is no place for Confederate monuments on US soil. Likewise, there is no statue of Rommel in Vichy or of Napoleon in in Red Square. The other thing to consider is why are these statues so precious to the Nazis? Is it the fact that the Confederacy fought in favour of racism? Or do they hate the Union so much that they are looking up to any entity who attacked the United States? It's certainly not for "historical value"...

So Trump then decided to take the side of the fascists in Charlottesville, vigorously defending them. Heck, I mean he even vetoed a defense spending bill to keep these Good People sweet....

I am sure you are a smart person but your hatred for Trump has made you irrational. I do not know where to start.

President Trump first commented on the Charlottesville tragedy the night it happened. The point is the press for three years claimed the President never denounced white supremacists and never denounced the violence that took place in Charlottesville. He clearly did. Joe Biden made that false claim when he was campaigning. I do not know why President Trump is not allowed to use a teleprompter? All politicians do. The fact that you might not personally believe he was sincere is irrelevant. The President denounced white supremacy and the violence two days after the event occurred. The bias media spent three years misleading the public.

A person can be a fine person and oppose the removal of a piece of American history. A person is not a racist or a Nazi just because they do not want to see the removal of a confederate statue. The President was pointing out that there were people who were not part of either of the extremist groups that were violent and those people got caught in the middle of the violence. Why can't you understand that? You are not suggesting that just because a person shares a different opinion than you they deserve to be beaten? You are not suggesting that people should not be allowed to peacefully protest if they hold a different opinion than you?

Since you were kind enough to give me a history lesson I might be able to elaborate. America at the time of the civil war did not have a standing federal army. Each state had its own militia. People Identified more with the state they were born rather than the country. People were very loyal to their state. America is the United States. A lot of young men who fought for the South felt they had no choice. Robert E Lee was offered command of the Union Army. However, he declined because he felt he had to be loyal to Virginia. He also did not want a statue of himself erected. So he would have not objected to his statue being removed. Too often we expect people to live by the same moral code we live by today. 1861 was a different era. The majority of the people living in the south did not own slaves. Only the rich owned the slaves.

Last edited by celee; 01-05-2021, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                          It really is time Celee and Donald Trump got a room.
                          It doesn't take too much imagination to realize who would get stuck paying for the room, does it?

Comment

I read the full transcript of Donald's call when it was released. Weirdly, Breitbart reported the story much the same as the communist China controlled "lamestream" media. So are Breitbart heading for a Donald blackballing too now? Damn it! China must have got to them too!

That call's far more interesting than the hype around Donald's 11,780 votes request. Dare I say it, the call has been neatly clipped, and that one line is being paraded as proof that Donald wants Georgia to fake some numbers. He's not asking that at all, at least not in the way it's being presented. He's arguing that in his belief there is evidence of what can only be described as fantastic numbers of illegal votes. 11,780 is the bare minimum needed to derail the election. In his mind, the numbers are way more bigly than that. If Georgia acts to discredit just a fraction of the disputed votes, the whole election is massively compromised. That's what he asked for. Not to make up numbers that suit him.

But, the call as a whole should be looked at properly. It's far worse than just that one line. He accuses Stacey Abrams of single handedly generating 54,000 votes. 200,000 dead voters. 100,000 military votes, all faked. It's staggering. Respect is due to Raffensperger for staying true to the electorate, unlike the shills trying to screw up the electoral college just to keep in Donald's good books and protect their Republican careers.

Look, if this whole conspiracy is proved right in the future, I'll eat my own shoes. But this call, in it's full detail, shows just how far this delusion has gone. Donald actually believes that literally thousands of people, from mailmen, volunteers and soldiers, right up through minor bureaucrats, mayors, senators, judges, supreme court judges, elected officials and his own party have all put together the biggest, most convoluted fraud in world history, just to stop him being President. Anyone else, we give them hug, remove the tin foil hat and convince them that a stay in hospital is for the best.

How unpopular must you be for the whole nation to pull off a con to get rid of you?

The real story is how out of control his thinking is. And that still, people facilitate his deranged thinking to serve their own short term gain. Not kowtowing to a man who is a liability, just because he's the 'big man' and will actively sabotage your life, to respect a vote that went against your own party because the democratic process is more important than your bosses ego, that's patriotism.

(But yes, the media are taking that one snippet out of context). Commies.
                            Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

It doesn't take too much imagination to realize who would get stuck paying for the room, does it?
                              Or who would end up with the sorest bottom...
                              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post
                                I read the full transcript of Donald's call when it was released. Weirdly, Breitbart reported the story much the same as the communist China controlled "lamestream" media. So are Breitbart heading for a Donald blackballing too now? Damn it! China must have got to them too!

That call's far more interesting than the hype around Donald's 11,780 votes request. Dare I say it, the call has been neatly clipped, and that one line is being paraded as proof that Donald wants Georgia to fake some numbers. He's not asking that at all, at least not in the way it's being presented. He's arguing that in his belief there is evidence of what can only be described as fantastic numbers of illegal votes. 11,780 is the bare minimum needed to derail the election. In his mind, the numbers are way more bigly than that. If Georgia acts to discredit just a fraction of the disputed votes, the whole election is massively compromised. That's what he asked for. Not to make up numbers that suit him.

But, the call as a whole should be looked at properly. It's far worse than just that one line. He accuses Stacey Abrams of single handedly generating 54,000 votes. 200,000 dead voters. 100,000 military votes, all faked. It's staggering. Respect is due to Raffensperger for staying true to the electorate, unlike the shills trying to screw up the electoral college just to keep in Donald's good books and protect their Republican careers.

Look, if this whole conspiracy is proved right in the future, I'll eat my own shoes. But this call, in it's full detail, shows just how far this delusion has gone. Donald actually believes that literally thousands of people, from mailmen, volunteers and soldiers, right up through minor bureaucrats, mayors, senators, judges, supreme court judges, elected officials and his own party have all put together the biggest, most convoluted fraud in world history, just to stop him being President. Anyone else, we give them hug, remove the tin foil hat and convince them that a stay in hospital is for the best.

How unpopular must you be for the whole nation to pull off a con to get rid of you?

The real story is how out of control his thinking is. And that still, people facilitate his deranged thinking to serve their own short term gain. Not kowtowing to a man who is a liability, just because he's the 'big man' and will actively sabotage your life, to respect a vote that went against your own party because the democratic process is more important than your bosses ego, that's patriotism.

(But yes, the media are taking that one snippet out of context). Commies.
                                Thanks for being somewhat objective. You are correct the phone conversation was nothing like the mainstream media is reporting.

Because of the Electoral College system, it only takes a handful of states and counties to turn the results of the election. Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and just a few counties within those three states to swing an election. It does not have to be a nationwide effort. Joe Biden only won 26% of the counties in the United States. A record low performance. Biden underperformed Obama and Clinton in every county except the 4 key counties in the three swing states. So, the fraud would not have to be as big of an undertaking as you think.

President Trump's problem with Abrams is that she and the Georgia Governor and Secretary of State went around the State Legislators, and changed election integrity laws, and did away with signature verification for mail-in ballots. According to Georgia Election laws, only the State Legislator can make changes to election rules. Georgia performed a signature audit in Cobb County but refused to allow the public to watch. You can hear President Trump discussing this fact. The President asked for a signature audit in Fulton County, the county in dispute, and Georgia officials have refused.

I have spent some time watching the individual State legislator hearings and the evidence presented is compelling. There is no question that election laws were illegally changed, to allow mass mail-in voting without any verification process.

I understand that the whole election fraud narrative seems too unbelievable to be true. However, after everything that has taken place over the last four years, I am not doubting the possibility. The President's team, I hope, will be able to finally prove their allegations if they fail to prove election fraud then The President will lose. If President Trump does show convincing evidence I am not sure what will happen. We are in uncharted waters.

Even the establishment admits there were election "irregularities" but they claim what fraud took place was not enough to change the outcome of the election. We shall see. Big day tomorrow. A lot of people have gathered today to support the President and more people are coming tomorrow they are expecting 2 million people in Washington. It is exciting.
                                Last edited by celee; 01-06-2021, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X