No announcement yet.

Herlock Sholmes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always a little disconcerting when members suddenly quiet. Of course, who could blame anyone for taking a break from this nuthouse.

Remember sdreid? He was an older gentleman who I used to see posting on here and Websleuths. Hasn't been active since Feb/Mar 2018. Hope he's well.

Comment

Yo Harry D,

Funny you say that because I remember recently thinking I haven't seen my man Harry D posting lately. Glad to see you back from your vacation away from the nuthouse.

c.d.

Comment

I strongly believe the man to be from Canada. I may be wrong, but look at his references to Canadian current events in https://forum.casebook.org/forum/soc...r-gender/page3 . I hope he's safe.
        - Ginger

Comment

According to his profile page he is a cricket fan from the West Midlands.
          https://forum.casebook.org/member/10...-sholmes/about

I too hope he is well and his absence is temporary.
          Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
            Yo Harry D,

Funny you say that because I remember recently thinking I haven't seen my man Harry D posting lately. Glad to see you back from your vacation away from the nuthouse.

c.d.
            Awww shucks.

If I ever stop posting here, I'm either dead or committed.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post

Quite correct you are. I seem to always overlook the simple ways to do things.
              - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post

I’ve had discussions with him about the Black Country (re: Eddowes). That’s his home turf. I recall he mentioned Wednesbury as somewhere he knew (had worked?).

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post

I’ve had discussions with him about the Black Country (re: Eddowes). That’s his home turf. I recall he mentioned Wednesbury as somewhere he knew (had worked?).
                  Yes, I have a memory of him saying he lived in or near Dudley. I hope he is OK and gets in touch with one of us soon.

Comment

Hi
                    Has anyone tried to ring him? A quick google search shows a Michael Banks living in Walsall, nearly three miles from Wednesbury. Just a thought.

Comment

Hello All, Thanks for all the messages of concern but I’m fine. It’s been a combination of things that have kept me from posting; an unwanted nighttime visitor who made off with my pad and phone then a family bereavement then a household issue that cost me a small fortune! I must have done something in a past life! I’m typing from a family phone at the moment which I hate as my stuff needs a repair job.
                      How is everyone? I’ve had my fingers crossed that there were no tragedies while I’ve been absent. I read that Simon Wood has been ill but I’m glad to see that he’s posting so hopefully he’s on the mend.
                      Ive got a fair bit to catch up on especially in the Wallace thread.
                      All the best to everyone.
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

That's great news, Herlock. Glad to hear it. Although sorry for your bereavement and other problems. Hang in there.

I shall hoist a pint in your honor.

c.d.

Comment

Thanks c.d, I’ll be having one myself in around an hour .
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Good to have you back Mr Sholmes!
                            Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                              Hello All, Thanks for all the messages of concern but I’m fine. It’s been a combination of things that have kept me from posting; an unwanted nighttime visitor who made off with my pad and phone then a family bereavement then a household issue that cost me a small fortune! I must have done something in a past life! I’m typing from a family phone at the moment which I hate as my stuff needs a repair job.
                              How is everyone? I’ve had my fingers crossed that there were no tragedies while I’ve been absent. I read that Simon Wood has been ill but I’m glad to see that he’s posting so hopefully he’s on the mend.
                              Ive got a fair bit to catch up on especially in the Wallace thread.
                              All the best to everyone.
                              welcome back herlock
                              and happy to know that you are ok. we were concerned...sorry to hear of your misfortunes but at least your not dead. good to have you back my friend.
                              "Is all that we see or seem
                              but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                              quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

at least your not dead.
                                Poetry Abby. Brings a tear to the eye....
                                Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Working...
                                X