Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what song are you listening to right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A great track Robert - from a very prolific writer and performer.

Comment

• Mob Rubout Mob Town Credits Country Life ("Autumn Lake") "Bron-Yr-Aur" "Rock and Roll" "Black Dog" "Since I've Been Loving You" "No Quarter" Who's Responsibl...

Mob Rubout Mob Town Credits Country Life ("Autumn Lake") "Bron-Yr-Aur" "Rock and Roll" "Black Dog" "Since I've Been Loving You" "No Quarter" Who's Responsibl...

Comment

• This is a very beautiful track originally written by Tim Hardin but performed magificently by the truly wonderful Bobby Darin.

Darin was so underated as a performer and poorly recognised for his humanitarian campaigning.

This performance - recorded just a few months before Darin's very early death - always brings a tear to my eye.

This is from a TV special recorded 9 months before Bobby Darin's death at age 37. He jokes around and then sings a spellbinding version of "If I Were a Carpe...

And to follow - another very great favourite Bobby Darin track. As a small child - whenever this was played on the radio - I just stopped and listened - transfixed. I can't put my finger on it's appeal - it's just so special to me.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        Last edited by Limehouse; 04-04-2011, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• Hi Julie

I still have "Dream Lover" on 78rpm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
            Hi Julie

Hi Robert

Of course - Darin's 'dream lover' was Sandra Dee. Sadly it was a 'can't live with/without each other' kind of relationship.

Darin was a legend. He died far too young. I wish more of his folky stuff was available because his voice is so suited to it.

Comment

• Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
                Watch you don't sit on it.
                allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

• Hi Stephen

Imagine a five year old being allowed to handle 78s - you will have an idea of the number of 78s I broke throgh sitting on them, dropping them, handling them roughly etc. The amazing thing is I still have some. Frankie Laine, Conway Twitty, Bobby Darin, Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra etc etc.

I've got nothing to play them on but I do have them.

Comment

• "Save me" by Queen, including one of the best guitar solos by Brian May.
                    "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
                    Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

• I really do SMILE when I watch this... "the way old friends do" ...I suppose...

have a nice day all :-)

Phil
                      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                      Accountability? ....

Comment

• Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Sheer, unadulterated perfection. Live on the Parkinson show a few years back.

Close your eyes , listen, and enjoy.

best wishes

Phil
                        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

• Thanks for that Phil. It was wonderful and it shows how well Bowie's voice has matured. This is my favourite Bowie 'pop' track.

Comment

• ABBA. Almost anything by them- the hits, and the more obscure songs. They ruled the world in their day, yet one can easily get made fun of for being their fan today. Well I don't care. Give a listen to their catalog and pay attention- that music was incredibly complex, the voices were sublime, and it was awesome! Saw a documentary on them a few years ago on PBS in which Agnetha told of how when she first heard "Dancing Queen" played for her, she broke out in tears and thought, "We actually get to record this?"

Comment

• Feeling very pensive this week and have been listening to these whilst dusting. TYhey remind me of being at home in the 60s with mum doing housey things and listening to Housewives Choice:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Originally posted by kensei View Post
                                ABBA. Almost anything by them- the hits, and the more obscure songs. They ruled the world in their day, yet one can easily get made fun of for being their fan today. Well I don't care. Give a listen to their catalog and pay attention- that music was incredibly complex, the voices were sublime, and it was awesome! Saw a documentary on them a few years ago on PBS in which Agnetha told of how when she first heard "Dancing Queen" played for her, she broke out in tears and thought, "We actually get to record this?"
                                Hello kensei,

Agreed. That is why I posted this a few posts back. Made me smile.

best wishes

Phil
                                Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Working...
                                X