Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what song are you listening to right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK Cam, maybe it's time to try the opposite route- a soothing Irish melody might be the enchanted lullaby you and the little one need.

This song is a favorite of mine- "Come By the Hills," sung in both Gaelic and English by 14-year-old Damian McGinty in a live concert with the band Celtic Thunder. (Damian is now 18, still adorable, and just won a role in the upcoming fall season of the tv show 'Glee'.)

Come By the Hills / Damian McGintyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cvCA0BFaVM

Here's a recording of Damian singing the same song accompanied by footage of some of the most beautiful places in Ireland. It's very relaxing to watch if you've had a rough day. I've been to many of the places shown, and they really are this lovely.

'Come By The Hills'- Irish Tourism Video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NYB4z7VS8U

Slainte,
    Archaic

Comment

• Originally posted by Archaic View Post
      OK Cam, maybe it's time to try the opposite route- a soothing Irish melody might be the enchanted lullaby you and the little one need.

This song is a favorite of mine- "Come By the Hills," sung in both Gaelic and English by 14-year-old Damian McGinty in a live concert with the band Celtic Thunder. (Damian is now 18, still adorable, and just won a role in the upcoming fall season of the tv show 'Glee'.)

Come By the Hills / Damian McGintyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cvCA0BFaVM

Here's a recording of Damian singing the same song accompanied by footage of some of the most beautiful places in Ireland. It's very relaxing to watch if you've had a rough day. I've been to many of the places shown, and they really are this lovely.

'Come By The Hills'- Irish Tourism Video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NYB4z7VS8U

Slainte,
      Archaic
      thanks Bun! if it doesn't work I'll try a little Loreena McKennitt

Comment

• One of his best songs but he never finished it!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Ha, I was sitting with my eyes closed listening to this and feeling I was in a different dimension. Then I opened them and there is an advert for psychics.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• One of Paul's best.

The Beatles - Fixing A Hole 1967"Fixing a Hole" is a song mainly written by Paul McCartney (credited to Lennon/McCartney) and performed by The Beatles on the...

Comment

• Haunting guitar solo.

Slade - In For A PennySingle from the album Nobody's FoolsReleased in 1975

Comment

• Growing up, and then reaching my 20s and 30s, I always liked a wide swath of music from the 50s through the 90s. Then the 2000s hit and suddenly I liked very little of the new music that was coming out and I thought- it's official, I'm finally old. These days, I tend to get turned on by one or two new singers a year, usually female. I channel-surf a lot, mostly classic rock stations, not lingering long on the pop ones, but it is the pop ones that feature new artists and that is where my few new favorites always come from.

So this year, I'd like to commend all you Brits out there for producing Adele. I know, she's been around for a couple of years but I missed her at first. My god, what a voice. It just grabbed me when I started to hear her on the radio and I had to find out more about her. Such a beautiful girl too, and only 23 years old. I was a complete idiot when I was that young. Caught her recent Rolling Stone interview and was struck by her casual foul language. I thought my god woman, you're in Rolling Stone, can't you class it up a bit? But was struck also by her story, and all the personal heartbreak she channels into her music. There's a line in "Rolling in the Deep" that goes, "You turn my sorrow into treasured gold." I get the impression she is thinking, "Yeah, you guys may have hurt me... but I'm getting rich off it now!"

Well done, England. Well done. I read she is very fond of wine and cigarettes though. Please, please, please do not let her become another Amy Winehouse.

Comment

• [QUOTE=kensei;191514]
                  Growing up, and then reaching my 20s and 30s, I always liked a wide swath of music from the 50s through the 90s. Then the 2000s hit and suddenly I liked very little of the new music that was coming out and I thought- it's official, I'm finally old.
                  That certainly struck a chord with me, Kensei !!! I can't find anything 'new ' that I really love now....very sad ! I was going to tell you that I loved The
                  Dandy Warhols and Daft Punk in the 2000s...but then I realised that they were really '90s bands (inspired by the Velvets and 1980's electro pop respectively....so 'vintage' anyway), who only made it big in the 2000s.

I was a fan of Amy Winehouse -but her music was 'vintage', too....as is Adele.
                  http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

• I'm sure there is some good contemporary music out there - it's just that I can't be bothered to wade through all the crap to find it. Same thing goes for TV.

Comment

• Rpbert,

Check this out.. I reckon it will knock your socks off.

She has quite a feel for the music.

kindly
                      Phil
                      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                      Accountability? ....

Comment

• Yes, very nice Phil.

Comment

• these board are so grim lately Casebook needs an od of GOOD MOOD

07 Dogs Were Barking by Gogol BordelloTrack #7 From Gypsy Punks Underdog World StrikeLyrics:Dogs were barking, guests were parkingAnd my wedding was about to...

PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Three wonderful women, two sadly no longer with us:

Comment

• A group of us climbed a mountain yesterday with this song on repeat for motivation:

Billy Ocean singing one of his top hits, "When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going". From "The Jewel of the Nile" movie soundtrack. Also available on ...

Cheers,
                              Adam.

Comment

• Inspired by anothr thread - the amazing Buddy Holly:

We danced to this at our wedding:

This beautiful song was written by Buddy Holly (though also credited to Norman Petty) and recorded with the Ray Ellis orchestra on October 21, 1958, at the P...

Comment

Working...
                                X