Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what song are you listening to right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Archaic View Post
    Hi Julie. How are you?

I've loved that song 'Vincent' since I was a little kid.

Whenever I hear it, it still chokes me up.

Take care,
    Archaic
    Hi there Archaic - I am fine thanks. Hope you are too. Yes - Vincent is a beautiful song and I love that You Tube post because each painting works so well with the song. I sometimes use it in my classes. It is always well received.

Best wishes.

Julie

Comment

• Never mind all that. What about Apple Scruffs? The greatest song ever written. Who is distraught as I am over this catastrophic negligence?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
        I'm a fan of Don MacLean. However, I think that in the spirit of the song, "Vincent" should only have been released in Mono.

Robert, we should make a little collection of your best bon mots.

I vote that this one and the 'cardboard Abberline' one go into the collection.

Cheers,
        Archaic

Comment

• Originally posted by Archaic View Post

Robert, we should make a little collection of your best bon mots.

I vote that this one and the 'cardboard Abberline' one go into the collection.

Cheers,
          Archaic
          I vote for the cardboard Abberline first!

Comment

• Thanks Bunny and Sister, but we mustn't wander off the subject of Apple Scruffs!

Comment

• I just love those old tunes that were always on the radio when I was small and listened to 'Houswives' Choice' with mum.

Right now I am listening to Tommy Edwards and my husband just came into the study and swept me off my feet for a dance.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• This is just simply sublime. It is one of the most beautiful pieces of music on earth.

Stephen Hough plays Chopin's Piano Concerto No. 2 in F minor with the Sydney Symphony Orchestra and conductor Edo de Waart

Comment

• Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                  This is just simply sublime. It is one of the most beautiful pieces of music on earth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN4VYfA2Glo

hmmmm I love Chopin!!! I'm having a Wojciech Kilar evening with the genius soundtrack of Coppola's dracula (surely HE didn't deserve such a genius for soundtrack composer but still, it's the best soundtrack in the world!)

Sixth track from Bram Stoker's movie "Dracula" soundtrack.Title "The Storm"Composer Wojciech KilarOutstanding movieBreathtaking music

Comment

• That really is very good Sister! It conjures up the story very well.

I thought Dracula was a fantastic book but I can never watch the films. They are either way too camp or so very creepy I just can't stomache them! The book didn't seem so bad in that sense - it was justy very absorbing.

Comment

• ahah yes the music is awesome but the movie is crap. my high school personal project was the story of the myth of Dracula from Vlad Tepes to the latest movies from the original history to the legend, studying every tales and books and movies, which was a huuuge subject starting already in silent movies on the subject. It was two years of really FUN studies and it saved my ass at the graduation and getting a 18/20 grade making up for veeeeery low results in maths anyway, the Tepes story is fascinating, and no movie beats the book, it was my conclusion, in movies, either they make a romance out of it, either they skip and put aside the role of Dr Van Helsing. there Is no satisfying movie from this novel!!

PS: I heard a new movie based on Lewis' Monk was soon coming out!!! I just can't wait!! this is one of my first favorite novels!!!

Comment

• Terrible hair style - terrible dress sense but a great songwriter. I loved tis kind of stuff back in my 'intense late teenage' years.

It still sounds good to me.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

(Couldn't stand DLT though!)

Comment

• Something else from back then - the most incredible - most fantastic - much honoured - Neil Young

Comment

• Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                            Something else from back then - the most incredible - most fantastic - much honoured - Neil Young

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZF18KVduB0
                            I just had the most weird weird experience listening to this, Limehouse..

In the late '70s I lived with a guy who was a Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen fanatic -I didn't like either of them, because my tastes ran more to punk, ska, soul, -and traditional folk.

He used to busk for a hobby, and we did spend a few months touring Europe with him busking, and I occasionally sang harmonies.

Since, I've really learned to appreciate Neil (via Nirvana !).

It was so strange watching your clip because, although I didn't know the title, I just started singing along with it perfectly and knew every word
                            automatically...with a heavy sense of nostalgia.
                            http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubyretro View Post
                              I just had the most weird weird experience listening to this, Limehouse..

In the late '70s I lived with a guy who was a Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen fanatic -I didn't like either of them, because my tastes ran more to punk, ska, soul, -and traditional folk.

He used to busk for a hobby, and we did spend a few months touring Europe with him busking, and I occasionally sang harmonies.

Since, I've really learned to appreciate Neil (via Nirvana !).

It was so strange watching your clip because, although I didn't know the title, I just started singing along with it perfectly and knew every word
                              automatically...with a heavy sense of nostalgia.
                              Hi Ruby - that's a very interesting story because I used to listen to Neil Young all the time when I was a teeanger back in the 1970s - along with a wide range of other stuff including rock (Zepplin) pop (Bowie) classical stuff (all sorts) and lots and lots of folk (Baez/Dylan/Seeger/PP&M etc). Like everyone else - I moved on to other things and one day a couple of years ago we were on holiday and my husband pushed a CD into the player in the car and Neil's 'Only Love Can Break Your Heart' resounded around the car. I immediately started to sing along - even though I had not heard the song for more than 25 years! I knew every word! It was like finding your old gym shoes in the cupboard under the stairs and putting them on to find they still fitted!

We recorded him at Glastonbury last year and he still sounds as fresh as ever (although he looks a bit older - like all of us!).

Glad you liked the track!

Julie

Comment

• I am definitely in a reflective 70s mood today.

I was no fan of glitter rock but this little number has very special memories and is a real gem:

Comment

Working...
                                X