Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what song are you listening to right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful, haunting, original. I just adore The Yardbirds. Better than a dozen Beatles:

My Band The Yardbirds.What A Song.The Sound Freaks Me Out.The Straight Blues Is Fine But I Love It When The Yardbirds Go Weird.They Were The First Band To Do...

Comment

• Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
        Beautiful, haunting, original. I just adore The Yardbirds.
        Directed By Michelangelo Antonioni in (1966)The Yardbirds (with Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck) playing Stroll On

Hi Limehouse

Check out the geezer with the beard at 3.07 top left.

That's me, that is .
        allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zeza1xeWKM

Hi Limehouse

Check out the geezer with the beard at 3.07 top left.

That's me, that is .
          Wow! I'm impressed! That must have been awesome.

I was 8 in 1966. Much too young to grow a beard (wouldn't look good on a little girl anyway) but old enough to be influenced by the tastes of my older brother and sister!

Comment

• Hi all,

Actually I'm still listening to Amy Winehouse a hell of a lot at the moment, yes, I know, but I still haven't quite managed to come to terms with it all yet. However as my tastes in music, as in so much in life, are, shall we say "Eclectic!" Here is an obscure little slice of English eccentricity that always manages to put a smile on my tired old face!!! The inimitable Peter Wyngarde!!! Yes the George Michael of the 1970's!!! All the ladies loved him, but... Anyone here remember "Department S" or "Jason King" or that mustache??? If not then maybe you might remember him as "General Klytus" in "Flash Gordon" 1980. Anyway, enjoy!!!

Peter Wyngardes wonderful wonderful version The Attacks "Neville Thumbcatch" of the 1970 album "When Sex Leers Its Inquisitive Head".http://cosmiclurker.word...

Best wishes,
            Zodiac.
            Last edited by Zodiac; 10-04-2011, 05:20 AM. Reason: Alcohol abuse!!!
            And thus I clothe my naked villainy
            With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
            And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.

Comment

• Here is the aforementioned Gene Pitney belting out a beautiful ballard. Ok, so the melody is stolen but it still sounds soooo good:

Comment

• Originally posted by Zodiac View Post
                Hi all,

Actually I'm still listening to Amy Winehouse a hell of a lot at the moment, yes, I know, but I still haven't quite managed to come to terms with it all yet. However as my tastes in music, as in so much in life, are, shall we say "Eclectic!" Here is an obscure little slice of English eccentricity that always manages to put a smile on my tired old face!!! The inimitable Peter Wyngarde!!! Yes the George Michael of the 1970's!!! All the ladies loved him, but... Anyone here remember "Department S" or "Jason King" or that mustache??? If not then maybe you might remember him as "General Klytus" in "Flash Gordon" 1980. Anyway, enjoy!!!

Peter Wyngardes wonderful wonderful version The Attacks "Neville Thumbcatch" of the 1970 album "When Sex Leers Its Inquisitive Head".http://cosmiclurker.word...

Best wishes,
                Zodiac.

My husband and I adore Amy Winehouse and are so sad that she is no longer with us. I bought him a painting of Amy for a wedding anniversary present.

Comment

• My tastes are quite eclectic too Zodiac and talking of eccenticities:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I think this is such a sweet and amusing track. I play it often because it's soothing, pleasing and daft enough to make me laugh when I'm tired and stressed.

Comment

• Local Hero!!!

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                    My tastes are quite eclectic too Zodiac and talking of eccenticities:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I think this is such a sweet and amusing track. I play it often because it's soothing, pleasing and daft enough to make me laugh when I'm tired and stressed.
                    Hi Limehouse,

Thanks so much for posting this!!! I thought that almost everyone outside of Yorkshire, or even outside of Leeds had forgotten all about the late, great Jake Thackray!!! "Kirkstall Road Girl" is so true its almost scary, but its a little too close to home for me, geographically and otherwise. My very favourite one of his, or at least the one that I have the fondest childhood memories of is this one. Enjoy!!!

Thanks again, hope that you and yours are all well,

Best wishes,
                    Zodiac.
                    And thus I clothe my naked villainy
                    With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
                    And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.

Comment

• Not listening to them right now, but happy birthday to John Mellencamp who is the big 6-0 today, and to Brian Johnson, lead singer of AC/DC who turned 64 a day or two ago as well....

Keep it going, "wrinkly rockers"!!

Cheers,
                      Adam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zodiac View Post
                        Hi Limehouse,

Thanks so much for posting this!!! I thought that almost everyone outside of Yorkshire, or even outside of Leeds had forgotten all about the late, great Jake Thackray!!! "Kirkstall Road Girl" is so true its almost scary, but its a little too close to home for me, geographically and otherwise. My very favourite one of his, or at least the one that I have the fondest childhood memories of is this one. Enjoy!!!

Thanks again, hope that you and yours are all well,

Best wishes,
                        Zodiac.
                        Hi Zodiac - yes - I love that track too!

Glad you liked La Di Dah.

We are all fine thanks. Hope you and yours are too.

Julie

Comment

• friday is rock and/or roll day lol

Lyrics:Hi-ridin' daddy-oSpur-hump heyho let's goFornicator of the lassoSperminator of the assholePrince of the rodeoShoot the chutePull the fluteI'm back in ...

Comment

• This is so pensive and so beautifully performed:

Mick Hucknall performs 'Holding Back The Years' on Sky Arts TV show, 'Songbook'

Comment

• right now we won at rugger so i'll go for the rabbids! lol they always make me laugh!

Comment

• Frontier Psychiatrist

That Boy Needs Therapy

Official Music Video for “Frontier Psychiatrist” by The Avalanches, remastered in HD.Listen to 'Frontier Psychiatrist' by The Avalanches here: https://TheAva...
                                allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Working...
                                X