• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy b-day to Norma and Celesta.
    Best regards,
    Maria

Comment

• Julie,Celesta, Archaic, mariab,Sister,Robert,Don, Lynn, The Grave Maurice----
      What a lovely surprise with so many kind Birthday Wishes---I had a very exciting day with my daughter -first looking at pirate ships and having lunch in Wapping and then going to the 'Prospect of Whitby' for a drink on the terrace ---and the river and Rotherhithe opposite looked great today in the bright sunlight!Enjoying the day with Andy now.
      Celesta---I hope you enjoyed your day too!!!!!!and Julie I hope you had wonderful Wedding Anniversary!
      Love to you All,
      Norma

Comment

• Happy Birthday Celesta and Norma. Y'all are two of my favorites and have always been a joy to share discussions on the boards with.
        Best Wishes,
        Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunter View Post
          Happy Birthday Celesta and Norma. Y'all are two of my favorites and have always been a joy to share discussions on the boards with.
          Oh que oui ! Meilleurs voeux mes amies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archaic View Post
            Let's see, now you guys need a bunch of servants to kick around and a Poison-Tester...Any volunteers?
            Originally posted by Sister Hyde View Post
            are you coming on to me?
            Hmmm... I knew the French find food sexy, but I never imagined they find the concept of poisoned food sexy! :

Gee, it puts the arsenic-eating scene in 'Madame Bovary' in a whole new light.

Bon soir,
            Archaic

Comment

• Originally posted by Archaic View Post
              Hmmm... I knew the French find food sexy, but I never imagined they find the concept of poisoned food sexy! :

Gee, it puts the arsenic-eating scene in 'Madame Bovary' in a whole new light.

Bon soir,
              Archaic
              Well, we'll all been raised with the old Asterix cartoons from the seventies and the "arsenic pudding" song has had a very powerful influence... why did they make it so catchy?

Comment

• I knew a man who was a food tester. He succumbed to a slow-acting poison.

He died two years ago aged 105.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
                  I knew a man who was a food tester. He succumbed to a slow-acting poison.

He died two years ago aged 105.
                  really?? ..... I think I might give up thanatopractice school and become a salaried guinea pig, in the end, I have higher chances to die of a heart attack at young age with the former profession.

Comment

• Originally posted by mariab View Post
                    Happy b-day to Norma and Celesta.
                    Thank you, Maria. I hope you're doing well.
                    "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                      Happy Birthday Celesta and Norma. Y'all are two of my favorites and have always been a joy to share discussions on the boards with.
                      Thank you, Hunter. The feeling is mutual.
                      "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
                        Isn't that nice. Two of my favourite posters with birthdays on the same day.
                        Many happy returns to Celesta and Norma!
                        This is very sweet, GM. I've always enjoyed talking with you here.

Comment

• Hi

Happy birthday to Celesta and Norma I hope you both had a great day and enjoyed your birthdays xxx

Tj
                          It's not about what you know....it's about what you can find out

Comment

• Sister, he was 104 when he tasted the food.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
                              Sister, he was 104 when he tasted the food.
                              Oh dear! ok then i'll be a good girl and stay in school for a year more, I'll just keep poison testing as a hobby

Comment

• Originally posted by Sister Hyde View Post
                                really?? ..... I think I might give up thanatopractice school and become a salaried guinea pig
                                Well, one good thing about being a poison-tester is that all your meals are free.

OK, let me think... Thanatos means Death... So is Thanatospractice when you practice... killing people?

(Gulp) Uh... Gee, Sister, Robert's a fun guy, and he lives much closer to you than I do...

Bon appetit!
                                Archaic

Comment

Working...
                                X