Happy Birthday!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Archaic View Post
    Oh, I wasn't actually thinking about your social life, Sister... just thought you might need a token human to practice your Thanatospractice on, and Robert seems ideal. I mean, extra fluid on the brain to drain, what more could you want?

By the way, I love the excuse "They were already like this when I got here".

A surprising number of serial killers have tried to use that line, but I fear it has a rather low success rate.

Cheers,
    Archaic

PS: Have you heard of people using embalming fluid as a drug? It's horrifying. I don't know if they drink it or inject it or what. It freaked me out when I saw a news article about it.
    I already thought about a token hman for my practice, but the problem you see is. the practice doesn't start till january, meanwhile it's the theory, and in december there is a psychological and knowledge evaluation... Now, if i come to the evaluation after 6 months of theory and show them that I already master the practice... well i guess I will have automatically failed the psychological evaluation
    And i'm afraid Robert wouldn't be any good guinea pig i mean, his problem can partly be solved with a slap in the back of the head to tip the water toward the sinuses and make it rin out through the nose. If i were him I would be more worried about what caused the water to be in the brain, in my opinion, probably the fontanelle never closed, I suggest a doctor in emergency and wearing a hat meanwhile.
    and about using the substances as drugs... eeew I wouldn't dare, considering the composition of the product, you have to be pretty desperate to do that.

Cheers,
    Cam

Comment

• So if someone's lying there dying, and he hears a voice saying "You are about to go on a trip," it isn't from another world, it's just the undertaker about to do the embalming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
        So if someone's lying there dying, and he hears a voice saying "You are about to go on a trip," it isn't from another world, it's just the undertaker about to do the embalming.
        If you're lying dying and the undertaker is about to proceed, I strongly suggest you to try to scream if you still can and get a registered "undertaker". And to my eyes the little wankers who actually do use the embalming fluids as dope deserve to get blind and should be fired.

Seriously this job requires the utmost respect toward the deads and their relatives, it's true that in order to keep going without breaking down you need humour (even the darkest), but otherwise, you must be EXTREMLY serious and industrious in your work, never forgetting that the memory of this person will rely on your work. I think in my position the job is perfect, my moral and religious convictions will never allow me to feel "lazy" or to dash the work off or even to remotely joke about the person i'm attending (as inconsistent as it might sound to the people here who only know me on the surface of my so called "offhand" behaviour), but we'll see, maybe I'll be scared off after getting my first case of a person who "jumped in front of the train" (I'm good at sewing but I don't know the limits of my stomach yet).

Now this is going very far away for a "birthday" topic... Thus I'll leave it here.

Comment

• Hi Sister

Quite right, respect for the dead. We've all had relatives die and we all want the proper dignified proceedings for them.

I'd be surprised if among undertakers there wasn't a certain degree of black humour. It would be a kind of antidote to the nature of the work. Doctors and policemen have it too, and even Ripperologists.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
            Hi Sister

Quite right, respect for the dead. We've all had relatives die and we all want the proper dignified proceedings for them.

I'd be surprised if among undertakers there wasn't a certain degree of black humour. It would be a kind of antidote to the nature of the work. Doctors and policemen have it too, and even Ripperologists.
            Of there is, but strangely (and I have to admit it makes me sick), the most tasteless and rude jokes are often made by the people who attend the funeral room and the families, in other words the people who should not allow themselves this kind of humour considering that they are in direct contact with the mourning families (while we never interact with them almost, which is normal cause I don't think people could and should handle watching the embalming process)! and yes on that field it's just like with doctors or policemen, even some strict rules are common to the 3 jobs (like for instance the golden rule of never attending one of your own relatives, I heard it was the same for a policeman in an enquiry or for a coroner for an autopsy or for a surgeon and so on, although I think the reason for this rule differs between the policemen and the doctors, for policemen I think the rule is there to prevent any personal involvement in the case to preserve the balance of the scale, while for undertakers and doctors, it's more like, seeing the people you love and hold high in your esteem as nothing but a stiff pile of cold meat, can break more than just your spirit). Now it's enough!! this is supposed to be a happy thread!

Comment

• Originally posted by Archaic View Post
              Hi Sister. Sorry about that.

There are 2 birthday girls, Celesta and Natalie Severn.
              Sorry I'm two days late in wishing you, Celesta, and you, Norma, happy birthdays. I hope your special days were PERFECT.

Lots of love,
              Carol

Comment

• Originally posted by Carol View Post
                Sorry I'm two days late in wishing you, Celesta, and you, Norma, happy birthdays. I hope your special days were PERFECT.

Lots of love,
                Carol
                You're not late! Thank you, Carol.
                "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• ---all these lovely friends! Thanks Carol it was really good!xx

Comment

• Happy birthday girls! I'm VERY late I'm afraid, but I have been away for a few days.

Lots of love,

Caz
                    XX
                    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
                      Happy birthday girls! I'm VERY late I'm afraid, but I have been away for a few days.

Lots of love,

Caz
                      XX

Thanks, dear Caz. Hope you're well.
                      "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Hi Coral!

Hope you had a great birthday on the 6th!

Love
                        Carol

Comment

• A very happy birthday to Mark Ripper

kindly

Phil
                          Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                          Accountability? ....

Comment

• Happy B-day to him. (If I may.)
                            Best regards,
                            Maria

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
                              Happy birthday girls! I'm VERY late I'm afraid, but I have been away for a few days.

Lots of love,

Caz
                              XX
                              Thanks Caz!
                              nx

Comment

• Thanks, Phil and Maria. Another year gone...

Comment

Working...
                                X