Useless Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just A Reminder

Though not a church goer, I will today, go and lite a candle in memory of the wee bairns of the Dunblane Massacre that occured fourteen years ago this past Saturday. I watched the "Knocking on Heavens Door" tribute on youtube last night and bawled my eyes out. It still troubles me deeply.

'REST IN PEACE SNOWDROPS"
    " ON A HOT SUMMERS NITE, WOULD YOU OFFER YOUR THROAT TO WITH THE RED ROSES ?"

Comment

• In Memory

The Wee Bairns Of Dunblane and their teacher Gwen Mayor
      Attached Files
      Last edited by gizmo; 03-21-2010, 06:50 PM. Reason: an ommision.
      " ON A HOT SUMMERS NITE, WOULD YOU OFFER YOUR THROAT TO WITH THE RED ROSES ?"

Comment

• Oh, yes. I remember this, Giz. Thanks for the memorial.
        "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Hello

I just felt like being useless. I do that sometimes and I always like to drop in and say Hi.
          Just happy to be alive.

Comment

• Ah, yes, Mikey, tis a good morning to be feeling useless.
            "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Hello Everyone!

It's been a long time since anyone's been useless, so I decided to make a useless post!

And... this is not my only post today. Surprise, surprise.
              Just happy to be alive.

Comment

• On 13 November 2015, Pierre told us that, in a letter he had found, the author, using a metaphorical language, "gives…the name of Mary Jane Kelly".

This was simply untrue.

After Pierre was forced to reveal the contents of the letter - Craig's persistence in searching for it having paid off - we discovered that the name of Mary Jane Kelly is not found in that letter in any form of language, metaphorical or otherwise, nor is even the name of "Mary" found in that letter in any form of language.

So when Pierre talks about having found someone's full name in metaphorical language in a letter, we can be confident, on the basis of his track record, that the name is not, in fact, to be found in that letter.

Comment

• Actually David, if anyone should have used this to make a useless post it shouldn't have been you (your post had a point to it) but Pierre - none of his vaporings that he calls clues have points.

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
                    On 13 November 2015, Pierre told us that, in a letter he had found, the author, using a metaphorical language, "gives…the name of Mary Jane Kelly".

This was simply untrue.

After Pierre was forced to reveal the contents of the letter - Craig's persistence in searching for it having paid off - we discovered that the name of Mary Jane Kelly is not found in that letter in any form of language, metaphorical or otherwise, nor is even the name of "Mary" found in that letter in any form of language.

So when Pierre talks about having found someone's full name in metaphorical language in a letter, we can be confident, on the basis of his track record, that the name is not, in fact, to be found in that letter.
                    All Pierre's posts are useless as far as I can see.

So perhaps they should all be moved here.
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Well then

I'm at the head of the Useless Traiin, mes Amis. I've achieved a point of pointless posts, allegorically & alliteratively speaking. I just get my head banged when there's too much P in the air, good champers or not GUT, me darlin.
                      From Voltaire writing in Diderot's Encyclopédie:
                      "One demands of modern historians more details, better ascertained facts, precise dates, , more attention to customs, laws, commerce, agriculture, population."

Comment

• Wow, no one uses the useless thread. Oh well, I'll always be useless!
                        Just happy to be alive.

Comment

• I think if you find a use for it it causes a paradox and the internet explodes. That's my worry anyway.

- Jeff

Comment

• Useless Thread...
                            What a great idea, I had a couple in mind that I was going to call 'A Whip and a Prod' & 'Diemschutz' pony and cart - an obstruction to proceedings?'
                            Unfortunately someone beat me to it!
                            So many irrelevant pointless and irrelevant threads

‘There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact’ Sherlock Holmes

Comment

• Originally posted by Spider View Post
                              Useless Thread...
                              What a great idea, I had a couple in mind that I was going to call 'A Whip and a Prod' & 'Diemschutz' pony and cart - an obstruction to proceedings?'
                              Unfortunately someone beat me to it!
                              So many irrelevant pointless and irrelevant threads

I don't think I would go so far as to call them useless. Looking at things from a different perspective can be productive. However, some threads just beat a dead horse until it becomes reincarnated only to beat it to death again. There are some posters who seem to have an overwhelming desire to be proven correct. There is simply not enough evidence in this case for anyone to claim 100% metaphysical certainly of their theories. A preponderance of the evidence is the best we can do and even that is debatable. Arguing the same points over and over and failing to acknowledge evidence to the contrary gets old.

c.d.

Comment

• Though some of the ideas which flogged a dead horse can be amusing. The great paranormal definitive solution of not so long ago did have an entertainment value even if it was useless.
                                Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X