Useless Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cel,

Good stuff. Great stuff! I can't wait until 'Up on the Roof' comes out.

Mike
    huh?

Comment

• Mike,

I just learned the following from an 80 year old former professor, who posts on mystery forum I'm also a member of. I had posted the video there today, too. I had no idea the song is so old. I don't think the prof would mind if I pass along her information.

"The original "Stand by Me" was written by Dr. Charles Albert Tindley, 1851-1933, a former slave who became a Methodist minister in Philadelphia. He was a prolific hymn writer and beloved pastor. Tindley Temple in Philadelphia is named in his honor. It is said of his hymns that they could be converted to gospel and contemporary songs. His words to "Stand by Me" are different, but the idea is much the same."

Kind of cool really. Mike, do you think he also wrote Up on the Roof? Sorry...couldn't resist.

As always, thanks for a nice chuckle.
      "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Nuttin' useless about this!!!.It's Friday!!!!!!! I get to go home in 40 mins and it's THE WEEEEEEEEK END!!!!!!!!!!

Suz xx
        'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

• Aaah good on ya Suzi,we can always rely on you to brighten up the day !!

I'm off in 1hr 10mins thank God...free from work and getting straight out of London back to the countryside...

Comment

• Jonesing....

I had this huge urge to come here and be useless today. I had to satisfy it!

Mikey
            Just happy to be alive.

Comment

• Wow

Wow, no one has been useless in a loooong time!
              Just happy to be alive.

Comment

• well i am always useless

it seems silly for me to post daily on what is a given!
                babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

• "No one is ever useless. Every man has a mission in life. Some people's mission is to be the bad example."

Command Sergeant Major Richard Kidd
                  Happy Hunting

Artemis

Are you willing to do anything for the person you love?

Comment

• people start giving good advice when they no longer can give bad example
                    A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. (O Wilde)

Comment

• Hello Artemis,

Welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy the site. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here to learn from, as you've probably already noticed.

Hi Prowler, Nice to see you. How's Italy? Hot, I'll bet.

Hi Mikey, Long time no see!
                      "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Popped into this interesting thread today and started reading the posts. A song kept going through my head - the great Neil Young - reminding me that I too am often useless and more often helpless.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Hope you enjoy being useless and helpless with me.

Comment

• Hello

Sometimes I just feel the need to pop in and be useless.
                          Just happy to be alive.

Comment

• Me toooooooooooooooooooo (Hugs ) xx
                            'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

• Originally posted by Ally View Post
                              Oh darling, I do like you. There's so few idiots left to bash, I adore it one sticks his head up from the parapet. But sweetie, you flatter yourself a bit. You have a long way to go before you get to claim status of being a pet peeve of mine. I've pointed out you are a dumbass twice, that's nowhere near sufficient for you to qualify for being on my list yet. One day though, you'll get to wear the big boy pants, and then my dear, we'll talk. As for the rest, do I belong to a group of people who go around "deliberately misspelling" things? Definite no. Not to mention I am over 14 so idiocy like that long ago quit appealing to me.

Kids these days, from their Harry Potter delusions to their dork ass video games, it's no wonder they can't spell.

(Somehow I am doubting the Blue balled one gets the double irony of him saying he "deliberately misspelled" it. )
                              Nice to see some things don't change even after three or four years, i.e., Ally is still pure warmth and understanding.

Billy

P.S. Vila, sorry to hear about the accident! Hope everything has worked itself out by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suzi View Post
                                Me toooooooooooooooooooo (Hugs ) xx
                                Ditto...

Floccinaucinihilipilification rules!

best wishes

Phil
                                Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                                Accountability? ....

Comment

Working...