Bible John: A New Suspect by Jill Bavin-Mizzi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    My book is being re delivered on Thursday. I might have to put the one I’m currently reading on hold.
    I'm wfh tomorrow so will finally be collecting mine from the post office too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

And not the off-licence
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

I have finished the book, and I'm pulling my scribbled notes together..
        I am also jumping back into the book to clarify some things.

I hope you guys enjoy the book, I certainly did.
        I'll try and post on it later this week.

The whole thing is made doubly strange for me because I worked with the suspect named by Jill Bavin-Mizzi in the book.

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post

The whole thing is made doubly strange for me because I worked with the suspect named by Jill Bavin-Mizzi in the book.
          At least no one could suggest that you once worked with the ripper Barn.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

At least no one could suggest that you once worked with the ripper Barn.
            I'm not too sure Herlock.
            I once worked with a wee blotchy guy.
            And he was a complete and utter pain!

Comment

I’m looking forward to hearing yours and MsD’s thoughts on the book Barn. Suspect theory aside it sounds like a good book on the subject .
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Yeah, I thought that was a pretty strange coincidence when you first mentioned it, particularly considering your interest in the case.

I will be intrigued to hear whether you think there's anything in this theory or are sticking with McInnes as your prime suspect.

Comment

I’m looking forward to hearing yours and MsD’s thoughts on the book Barn. Suspect theory aside it sounds like a good book on the subject .
                  I'm quite enjoying my current book so might finish that first and start the Bible John one at the weekend.

That said, if you and Barn start discussing it I'll likely get FOMO and go for it!

Comment

Oh yeah, Barn!

I know him too.

He's notorious round here.

Always looking at you kinda stern, swilling his frothy ale and trying to foist his unwanted red handkerchiefs off on any poor unsuspecting fool.

What a d!ck!!!!

Comment

I'm quite enjoying my current book so might finish that first and start the Bible John one at the weekend.

That said, if you and Barn start discussing it I'll likely get FOMO and go for it!
                      I’m terrible for putting books on hold if another one shows up. I’m currently reading a newish book on Deeming on Kindle but my problem is that if I put a book on hold it can be months before I get to finish it. That said, it’s gonna go on hold.
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I’m terrible for putting books on hold if another one shows up. I’m currently reading a newish book on Deeming on Kindle but my problem is that if I put a book on hold it can be months before I get to finish it. That said, it’s gonna go on hold.
                        You are probably aware of this book, but I'm currently on "The Men Who Were Sherlock Holmes" by Daniel Smith.

It's all about Joseph Bell and Henry Littlejohn's involvement in a Scottish murder case interspersed with sections about their relationship with and influence on Conan Doyle.

It's pretty good, but if you and Barn start chatting about the Bible John one I'll likely get curious and want to join in!

Comment

Oh yeah, Barn!

I know him too.

He's notorious round here.

Always looking at you kinda stern, swilling his frothy ale and trying to foist his unwanted red handkerchiefs off on any poor unsuspecting fool.

What a d!ck!!!!
                          Yeah Ms D, that's the guy!

And I noticed that he always carried some chalk with him, and his handwritten memos were in a good schoolboy hand.

​​​​​​​Strange old world in many ways.

Comment

Yeah Ms D, that's the guy!

And I noticed that he always carried some chalk with him, and his handwritten memos were in a good schoolboy hand.

​​​​​​​Strange old world in many ways.
                            Yeah, his spelling is atrocious though!

Comment

You are probably aware of this book, but I'm currently on "The Men Who Were Sherlock Holmes" by Daniel Smith.

It's all about Joseph Bell and Henry Littlejohn's involvement in a Scottish murder case interspersed with sections about their relationship with and influence on Conan Doyle.

It's pretty good, but if you and Barn start chatting about the Bible John one I'll likely get curious and want to join in!

Yes, that’s a good book. They must have re-named it for the paperback edition (although I can’t think why they would?) I bought this one three or four years ago.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I just received my book. I’m afraid that my current book on Deeming might have to go on hold.
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X