Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JonBenet Ramsey Update

Hi all

I have just read an article that states that 13 years after her death there are plans to exhume her body to find her killer.

Apparently all previous suspects including her parents and John Mark Karr have been cleared so investigators are hoping that by exhuming her body the advances that have been made in DNA technology might provide new answers.

Wendy Murphy former state prosecutor has said that testing her hair is crucial because it could show whether she had been drugged over a long period of time.

Although I have read about JonBenet I haven't closely followed this case, so may I ask -:

1. Why would she have been drugged over a period of time?

2. Surely they should have kept hair from the autopsy?

3. Is exhuming the body of the 6 year old worth it just on a 'maybe we will get some answers?

Thanks for your time

Tj
    It's not about what you know....it's about what you can find out

Her parents cannot collectively be cleared. It's rather obvious that Patsy at least had a hand in the murder. I'm certain that an exhumation will not lead to anything.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hi Tom

According to the press reports of last year that is exactly what the authorities are saying - the family members will now be looked at as victims and not suspects.

Surely though if they are looking for signs that she had been drugged over a period of time then they must suspect the parents of something???

tj

Comment

The Boulder county DA NEVER considered the Ramsey's as suspects. They fumbled the case from the get-go, which is why there will never be a prosecution. They cannot be considered 'authorities' in this case. The detective heading the investigation is convinced of Patsy's guilt. I seriously doubt JonBenet will ever be exhumed. It's just another publicity stunt like that Carr fiasco.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by tji View Post
          Hi all

I have just read an article that states that 13 years after her death there are plans to exhume her body to find her killer.

Apparently all previous suspects including her parents and John Mark Karr have been cleared so investigators are hoping that by exhuming her body the advances that have been made in DNA technology might provide new answers.

Wendy Murphy former state prosecutor has said that testing her hair is crucial because it could show whether she had been drugged over a long period of time.

Although I have read about JonBenet I haven't closely followed this case, so may I ask -:

1. Why would she have been drugged over a period of time?

2. Surely they should have kept hair from the autopsy?

3. Is exhuming the body of the 6 year old worth it just on a 'maybe we will get some answers?

Thanks for your time

Tj

Hi all

have there been any recent developments further to this?

cheers

viv

Comment

re: Please Post Link To Article

Hi, TJI.

Would you mind posting the article you read which mentioned plans for exhumation? I just did a quick search for it and didn't come up with anything.

It's hard to believe that an exhumation would uncover new evidence, as she was already autopsied. I'm not sure if it's feasible to think they can get new killer-related DNA after all these years, especially after she was embalmed.

I want justice for that poor child, but I feel there needs to be a very specific, compelling and demonstrably necessary reason presented before exhumation is even considered. JonBenet's short life and horrible death were treated like a circus by the media and her case was hopelessly bumbled by the State of Colorado; I hope they let her rest in peace.

Best regards, Archaic
            Last edited by Archaic; 12-09-2009, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
              Hi, TJI.

Would you mind posting the article you read which mentioned plans for exhumation? I just did a quick search for it and didn't come up with anything.

It's hard to believe that an exhumation would uncover new evidence, as she was already autopsied. I'm not sure if it's feasible to think they can get new killer-related DNA after all these years, especially after she was embalmed.

I want justice for that poor child, but I feel there needs to be a very specific, compelling and demonstrably necessary reason presented before exhumation is even considered. JonBenet's short life and horrible death were treated like a circus by the media and her case was hopelessly bumbled by the State of Colorado; I hope they let her rest in peace.

Best regards, Archaic
              100% agree Archaic. sadly just cannot see what compelling thing will surface that will give any chance that justice will be done.

viv

Comment

Her killer is dead; the only justice that can now "be done" would be to arrest her father as an accessory after the fact.
                Cheers,
                cappuccina

"Don't make me get my flying monkeys!"

Comment

Reckon so too Caps x
                  'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Yep, all the other scenarios seem ludicrous.
                    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi all

Hi jimornot

My apologies in taking so long getting back to you, I am not aware of any new developments, things seem to be at a standstill.

Hi Archaic

It was from one of the Detective magazines I buy (True detective etc) It was just a little cation with the update details in. I don't believe there was anything else written, just a brief history and names of those involved in the case.

My query is the necklace, how did she end up with it round her neck, on top of the garrotte, without the frail chain snapped if she was wearing it before she was murdered, on the other hand why would a stranger place it on her body after murdering her? (They would have had to have known where it was kept also.)

Tj

Comment

When this case broke the first suspect that popped into my mind was her brother Burke. Even after all the evidence and what not.

I still feel like he either was involved or knows something. I think the reason the mother and father got caught up in this is that they might have felt Burke did do something and did whatever they could to protect him from the police. After all what would you do as a parent?
                        Im just a guy with a flashlight and an open mind looking for answers. Before I do, I need to find the questions first.

Comment

[QUOTE= After all what would you do as a parent?[/QUOTE]

Well, I wouldn't name my child Burke for a start!

Comment

Exactly!!! Well not at birth!!!! hey what's the latest on this rather bizarre case??
                            'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

I guess they didn't know what burking meant.
                              This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                              X