JonBenet Ramsey Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
    I guess they didn't know what burking meant.
    LOL Burkha........best not mentioned!!!
    'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

She was not burked as I understand it.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Didn't the supposed ransom note ask for an amount of money that just happened to be Mr. Ramsey's raise he had just received? It was not a common amount of money to ask for. Thats strikes me as something odd, I mean how would a kidnapper/murderer know that exact amount? Doesn't seem likely (Unless ,of course, it was one of his co-workers or someone who knew about it) It just doesn't make sense to me and if it doesn't make sense its usually not true.

Comment

I know I'm late to the party on the above post but if someone could refresh me on the case I would appreciate it. I always thought the Ramseys had something to do with it. I remember some co-workers at one time telling me the Ramseys had been cleared (whatever that means) but I never believed it. What do you guys think?

Comment

Hi Chainz; welcome to the forums.

Here are a couple of links that might be helpful to you.

Crime Library: http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/n...y/index_1.html

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JonBen%C3%A9t_Ramsey

A very sad and disturbing case... I find the "Ramsey Ransom Note" is particularly fascinating; it's one of the most bizarre documents I've ever read.

Best regards,
            Archaic

Comment

I guess I missed this thread when it started last fall. I know a lot of people believe the family was involved but I have never believed it. That a mother would do such bizarre things to her child, or that a father would cover for her, or that a brother who is also just a child would be responsible, or that his parents would cover for him and try to stage things in such an incredibly strange way to cover it up- it all sounds completely and utterly implausible, as much so as any other unusual theory that's been put forth. The police have cleared the Ramseys, and I am thankful for that. I can not imagine how much worse things must have been for them as they mourned Jon Benet while being blamed for her death.

I don't have a theory on who killed this precious child. I'll just mention a couple of random thoughts. That weird character John Mark Karr tried to claim responsibility, but his story had holes in it and he was dismissed after a DNA test cleared him. Does anyone know if he is still out there somewhere insisting that he did it and lamenting, "Why won't they believe me?" I never heard that he had admitted to making it up. Secondly, I remember reading a book by an FBI profiler giving his assessment of several famous cases he hadn't been personally involved in. His take on Jack the Ripper was the same as mine- that it was an Eastender who has never been named. And his take on Jon Benet was that the ransom note to him had all the earmarks of what a gang of teenagers would throw together, a poor and immature attempt at acting adult. Sorry I don't recall the title or author's name.

Comment

Bizarre things to a child? Doesn't making them participate in child beauty pageants count?

Comment

Patsy Ramsey was a completely bizarre individual, actually. The activities she had her daughter participating in at the age she was and the number of hours spent was completely inappropriate.

JonBenet's school was quite concerned about her participation in pageants, but didn't pursue it because of the Ramsey's "standing" in the community.
                  Cheers,
                  cappuccina

"Don't make me get my flying monkeys!"

Comment

Hello capuccina!

Well, if I'm quite honest, all the clues seem to point at the Ramseys!

Sad, but one has to be honest!

All the best
                    Jukka
                    "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Im sorry but I cant let go of the possibility her brother killed her and the Ramsey's covered it up to protect him.

Motive? The age old story of mommy loving and paying attention to the younger child more than the older one. Of course the older one starts to feel left out and rejected. I mean look what they did for her with all the dresses and classes and beauty pageants. If you are the older child how does this make you feel?

Im the oldest in my family and I had to suffer through this alot. My little brother and sister got away with murder and there would be times I would want to choke them because my parents ALWAYS took their sides and protected them.

Im just wondering how much of this could have played on his mind going through this and whether or not it pushed him over the edge.
                      Im just a guy with a flashlight and an open mind looking for answers. Before I do, I need to find the questions first.

Comment

----- I remember reading a book by an FBI profiler giving his assessment of several famous cases he hadn't been personally involved in. His take on Jack the Ripper was the same as mine- that it was an Eastender who has never been named. And his take on Jon Benet was that the ransom note to him had all the earmarks of what a gang of teenagers would throw together, a poor and immature attempt at acting adult. Sorry I don't recall the title or author's name.[/QUOTE]

Hi Kensei

The ransom note is a real oddity. Many experts (bit not all I think) feel it matched Patsy's handwriting. It seems odd that kids (presumably unconnected to the family) would know the exact amount of John Ramsey's bonus but also odd that if the parents were the authors why they would create more suspicion by quoting that precise amount

Much argument has taken place about the behaviour of the parents after the crime and their peceived lack of co-operation in the invedtsigation. Likewise the (in)effectiveness of the enquiries by the Boulder police.

all the best

Viv

Comment

Secondly, I remember reading a book by an FBI profiler giving his assessment of several famous cases he hadn't been personally involved in. His take on Jack the Ripper was the same as mine- that it was an Eastender who has never been named. And his take on Jon Benet was that the ransom note to him had all the earmarks of what a gang of teenagers would throw together, a poor and immature attempt at acting adult. Sorry I don't recall the title or author's name.[/QUOTE]

The Cases That Haunt Us by John Douglas and Mark Olshaker seems to be the book you mention.

Best Wishes,

Steve.

Comment

As I recall: Douglas was hired by the Ramseys so go figure. He's also the guy who said Kosminski was the Ripper and who couldn't pick out the Green River Killer when he was almost hiding under his nose. Profiling is usually a waste of time and sometimes a benefit to the killer, perhaps to the point of allowing him to commit more murders.
                            This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                              As I recall: Douglas was hired by the Ramseys so go figure. He's also the guy who said Kosminski was the Ripper and who couldn't pick out the Green River Killer when he was almost hiding under his nose. Profiling is usually a waste of time and sometimes a benefit to the killer, perhaps to the point of allowing him to commit more murders.
                              I couldn't agree more... I just finished this book and his work seems very odd. He claims he worked for the Ramsey's but wasn't paid for his services - I can see why he wasn't paid...

His theory that a group of teens killed JonBenet is absurd, and he claims the ransom note had references to Dirty Harry movies and the like. Ok, so a group of teens, with knowledge of Dirty Harry movies, broke into the house and killed JonBenet while her parents slept and heard nothing... we are to believe this? His book is far from convincing on all the cases he wrote about.

A couple of areas bother me on this mystery:

1) JonBenet's bedroom door was closed, as per the Ramsey's finding it that way, who would take the time to struggle & do this while carrying JonBenet in their arms?

2) JonBenet's necklace was apparently on top of the of the garrote around her neck... how did this happen... did the killer take time to do this so as not to damage the precious necklace?

3) Look closely at the picture of the suitcase under the basement window. Having been a very frequent traveller, from a young age, I have found suitcases to be very prone to falling over i.e. attempt to stand on one and it will likely flop to the left or right from the weight of your body - especially when empty, and that's assuming it doesn't collapse altogether under the weight.

4) The Ramsey's wanted Burke to leave and stay with friends during the commotion of the initial investigation. Doesn't this seem odd to anyone else in light of the claim that JonBenet was kidnapped? Would they really let Burke out of their sight? I find this to be very indicative that they may have known the truth all along.

5) In Detective Trujillo's book he claims the basement window was inspected and found the following:

a) cobwebs between the window well grate and the window well, indicating the grate hadn't been moved.
                              b) there was a layer of undisturbed dust on the window frame indicating no one had climbed through and disturbed the dust.

I'm not sure we'll ever know the truth, but I think another bedwetting incident, Patsy Ramsey, and an accidental death are all closer to the truth than a group of teenagers roaming through a house undetected by sleeping parents.

Comment

OK one less problem

Up she comes I say!!!- and then we can sort this one out finally-hopefully!
                                'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Working...
                                X