No announcement yet.

Madeleine McCann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heard the German police found either a video or photos (possibly both) of Madeline on a device that Christian B owned. I understand that what they found is pretty traumatic, and hence out of respect for the family, they have done their best to suppress the details as much as possible.

It is because of this evidence the prosecutors are convinced of Christian B's guilt.

Perhaps this alleged evidence has elements that match the dam?

I was convinced the parents were involved initially, but I genuinely believe the German police have the suspect and will be instrumental in finding her body.

A very sad and depressing state of affairs all round.
    Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
    JayHartley.com

Comment

• Originally posted by erobitha View Post
      I heard the German police found either a video or photos (possibly both) of Madeline on a device that Christian B owned. I understand that what they found is pretty traumatic, and hence out of respect for the family, they have done their best to suppress the details as much as possible.

It is because of this evidence the prosecutors are convinced of Christian B's guilt.

I was convinced the parents were involved initially, but I genuinely believe the German police have the suspect and will be instrumental in finding her body.

Careless of him not erase any potentially incriminating evidence and not to destroy and get rid of said device...

Comment

• Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post

Careless of him not erase any potentially incriminating evidence and not to destroy and get rid of said device...
        Possibly more a case of him hoping to retrieve it later, because as we've seen before, sick people like to keep a momento of their crimes. He may not have killed Madeline, but he's a dangerous person and doesn't deserve to walk free ever again.
        Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

• Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post

Careless of him not to erase any potentially incriminating evidence and not to destroy and get rid of said device...
          What I was told it came from a device found in his old home in Portugal when they raided it a couple of years back when he was first identified as a suspect. I can only imagine a hard drive or USB stick of some kind. They were not specific. They did say the content was 'recovered', which could mean it was deleted and modern technology was able to 'undelete' it.
          JayHartley.com

Comment

I heard the German police found either a video or photos (possibly both) of Madeline on a device that Christian B owned. I understand that what they found is pretty traumatic, and hence out of respect for the family, they have done their best to suppress the details as much as possible.

There has been no confirmation that the Germans have such evidence. However if there was a video then it would of course explain why the German prosecutor said he believed Madeleine was dead. From what it appears the circumstantial evidence they have is phone records showing a call made to Breuckner on the night of the disappearance,around 8pm, which was picked up by a phone mast in the vicinity of the Ocean Club. The second bit of evidence was that Breuckner the next day de-registered his car and put it in someone else's name- a friend from Germany. He contacted the German authorities in order to do this. The fact he was a known paedophile has led to him becoming the main suspect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunny Delight View Post

There has been no confirmation that the Germans have such evidence. However if there was a video then it would of course explain why the German prosecutor said he believed Madeleine was dead. From what it appears the circumstantial evidence they have is phone records showing a call made to Breuckner on the night of the disappearance,around 8pm, which was picked up by a phone mast in the vicinity of the Ocean Club. The second bit of evidence was that Breuckner the next day de-registered his car and put it in someone else's name- a friend from Germany. He contacted the German authorities in order to do this. The fact he was a known paedophile has led to him becoming the main suspect.
              You are correct, this is not confirmed. Hence my language has been non-committal. Obviously, the language was not clear enough for some.

I am passing on what I was told. Have no idea about the veracity of it.
              JayHartley.com

Comment

What I was told it came from a device found in his old home in Portugal when they raided it a couple of years back when he was first identified as a suspect. I can only imagine a hard drive or USB stick of some kind. They were not specific. They did say the content was 'recovered', which could mean it was deleted and modern technology was able to 'undelete' it.
                Hi ero
                if they had that kind of evidence they would have charged him by now, especially if it was found a couple of years ago.
                "Is all that we see or seem
                but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• I have always been of the opinion that the answer to Madeline's disappearance is right there at the Ocean Club. IE Someone at the club, whether it was a paying guest in the same apartment block snatched her, or someone who worked there did, like a janitor. But more likely somebody within that complex a waiter or such like, at one of the bars say, was in contact with another person giving info out on who was out where, and at what time. Possibly sharing their inside knowledge in exchange for drugs.

I believe that's why the police have taken great stock on the phone call Breuckner was alleged to have made/received in the area . And why they asked for someone to come forward a while ago. They perhaps had already figured that the break ins before may have been done by someone who had inside info.

Regards Darryl

Comment

Hi erobitha, thanks for the extra info.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

Hi ero
                      if they had that kind of evidence they would have charged him by now, especially if it was found a couple of years ago.
                      I could be wrong, but Ero's information sounds suspiciously like a garbled version of what John Clark reported on a podcast related to the case a few years ago. There were two tapes. One showed Brueckner beating an elderly woman, the other featured a young girl, but it was not Madeleine.

Clark was the first British journalist on the scene, and the only journalist who ever interviewed Brueckner's "best friend" and housemate in Portugal. When Brueckner went to prison, he instructed some 'friends' to go to the house where he had lived in order to destroy all the evidence of his past crimes. In the attic they found a horde of passports, jewelry, as well as these sickening and explicit tapes. The tapes were supposedly destroyed or burned by these accomplices, so, if the German police really do have anything like what is being claimed, it would have to have come from these accomplices and it would also mean they lied about destroying the evidence.​

Comment

• It's not character assassination to suggest the McCanns were the persons involved in the disappearance of their daughter. They accomplished that themselves by their statements and actions around the time of her disappearance. Gerry McCann claimed the Tapas group employed a 'system' they had used before for checking on children. The word 'system' is misleading since it suggests a tried and tested method known to the general public: the Tapas 'system' for checking on unattended children was unheard of before the disappearance and has never surfaced thereafter. It remains unique. It is as much a 'system' as stopping for a picnic on the hard shoulder of a motorway then pleading victimhood when a car crashes into your table. To paraphrase Mr. McCann, 'We would not have done that if we had known a car was going to crash into us. But a senior traffic policeman (un named) told us it was well within the bounds of responsible picnicking.''

Leaving an apartment unlocked is an invitation to any thief or worse. And even a locked patio door is no obstacle to an alert 4 year old child who by instinct watches everything and learns. I've even had a domestic cat which could leap up on door handles and open living room doors. The Tapas 'system' was designed to fail which is why I doubt it was ever employed in the first place. One idiotic bunch of parents I could just about believe: but not four of them engaging in a ludicrous game of musical chairs. The PJ presumably reached a similar conclusion.

However similar to the cases of Luard and Wallace quoted by PI, the respectable image of the Tapas group gave them an advantage. Like Luard they were able to call upon highly influential support, something Wallace lacked. Here is a quote from DK which reveals the class bias surrounding the case, one which assumes all low paid workers are crypto criminals and thus by implication, professionals are persons to be trusted.

'I have always been of the opinion that the answer to Madeline's disappearance is right there at the Ocean Club. IE Someone at the club, whether it was a paying guest in the same apartment block snatched her, or someone who worked there did, like a janitor. But more likely somebody within that complex a waiter or such like, at one of the bars say, was in contact with another person giving info out on who was out where, and at what time. Possibly sharing their inside knowledge in exchange for drugs.'

His first sentence is hard to disagree with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darryl Kenyon View Post
                          I have always been of the opinion that the answer to Madeline's disappearance is right there at the Ocean Club. IE Someone at the club, whether it was a paying guest in the same apartment block snatched her, or someone who worked there did, like a janitor. But more likely somebody within that complex a waiter or such like, at one of the bars say, was in contact with another person giving info out on who was out where, and at what time. Possibly sharing their inside knowledge in exchange for drugs.

I believe that's why the police have taken great stock on the phone call Breuckner was alleged to have made/received in the area . And why they asked for someone to come forward a while ago. They perhaps had already figured that the break ins before may have been done by someone who had inside info.

Regards Darryl
                          hi dk
                          you very well may be right. someone on tje inside tipping off the intruder on the guests habits, when they will be out etc. and then the outside intruder breaks in while they are gone, usually to rob them. i heard there was a note at the restaurant saying something to the affect that the children of the tapas seven were alone in tje apartments, posted for all the employees to see.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

I could be wrong, but Ero's information sounds suspiciously like a garbled version of what John Clark reported on a podcast related to the case a few years ago. There were two tapes. One showed Brueckner beating an elderly woman, the other featured a young girl, but it was not Madeleine.

Clark was the first British journalist on the scene, and the only journalist who ever interviewed Brueckner's "best friend" and housemate in Portugal. When Brueckner went to prison, he instructed some 'friends' to go to the house where he had lived in order to destroy all the evidence of his past crimes. In the attic they found a horde of passports, jewelry, as well as these sickening and explicit tapes. The tapes were supposedly destroyed or burned by these accomplices, so, if the German police really do have anything like what is being claimed, it would have to have come from these accomplices and it would also mean they lied about destroying the evidence.​
                            thanks for that info rj. very informative and your probably right.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Darryl Kenyon View Post
                              I have always been of the opinion that the answer to Madeline's disappearance is right there at the Ocean Club. IE Someone at the club, whether it was a paying guest in the same apartment block snatched her, or someone who worked there did, like a janitor. But more likely somebody within that complex a waiter or such like, at one of the bars say, was in contact with another person giving info out on who was out where, and at what time. Possibly sharing their inside knowledge in exchange for drugs.

Quite possibly, Darryll. What struck me while reading up on the case is that after a day or two, the McCanns had adopted a daily, erm, I would say 'system', but for fear of it being overrated I'd better use the word 'routine', which would have been quite plain to any interested person(s) close to the Ocean Club. So, somebody with inside information may very well have been involved.
                              "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
                              Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

• Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

Thanks for sharing, Roger. I listened to the podcast and what I also found interesting is that Brückner, according to this friend, was an excellent burglar; he was supposed to get into any house or appartment and when there would be a soccer game on television and people went to watch it together in bars and such, Brückner had the time of his life.

I also read somewhere (don't remember where, though) that for a period of time before Madeleine's disappearance, he's supposed to have worked for a company that did maintenance work or such in appartments like the ones at of the Ocean Club's and that way he came to know them inside out. Very interesting, if really true.

"You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
                                Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

Working...
                                X