Madeleine McCann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by claire View Post
    Nah, didn't say they always had the wrong motivation; not at all. I said that it happens. It does. Dr. Shipman wasn't an ideal GP, was he? Or Crippen. And not all doctors are as moral as your family members: some years ago, doing some research into prostitution, I found there were quite a lot of GPs in north London paying for services with private prescriptions.

All I was saying, Maria, was that you can't just say, they were doctors, they couldn't be guilty. It's like saying no police officer could be guilty of perverting the course of justice, or the Abu Ghraib abusers couldn't have done it because they were there to protect the country. There are bad apples in most barrels, and the medical profession is not immune.
    No Claire what I´m saying is that is that there no shread of evidence that Madeleine was murdered let alone that her parents murdered her with the help of all the other eight doctors to cover it up.

You also made compare doctors with the military when in fact in the military they train you to kill people, which is the opposite of what a doctor is trained to do, doctors are trained to SAVE lives not to take them away. A real doctor will do everything in his or her power to save someone´s life and that is a major difference.

With your Abu Ghraib example you are still comparing doctors to soldiers, as I said before, soldiers are trained to kill and in some cases like Abu Ghraib to torture people. Doctors are trained to save lives and alibiate pain and suffering so that people can have a better quality of life.

So your MANY Doctor killer list ended up in just TWO examples.

The example about doctors having sexual relation with prostitutes, sexual relationships is not the same as a murder is it ? Everyone I know has or has had sexual relationships including yourself, unless of course your two children where insemitated artificially by a doctor.

Maria

Comment

• Hi Maria

Many thanks for your kind words of advice, for what I can do to

ease the situation with my back.

I am going to try what you suggest,as soon as possible.

Bestest,

ANNA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maria View Post
        Everyone I know has or has had sexual relationships including yourself, unless of course your two children where insemitated artificially by a doctor.

Maria
        Three, actually, and yes, IVF babies since my first husband was terminally ill. Apologies?
        best,

claire

Comment

Nah, didn't say they always had the wrong motivation; not at all. I said that it happens. It does. Dr. Shipman wasn't an ideal GP, was he? Or Crippen. And not all doctors are as moral as your family members: some years ago, doing some research into prostitution, I found there were quite a lot of GPs in north London paying for services with private prescriptions.

All I was saying, Maria, was that you can't just say, they were doctors, they couldn't be guilty. It's like saying no police officer could be guilty of perverting the course of justice, or the Abu Ghraib abusers couldn't have done it because they were there to protect the country. There are bad apples in most barrels, and the medical profession is not immune.

Claire:

In your statement below, you are saying and I quote:

" There have been too many cases of doctors who have killed their nearest and dearest "
          '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''
          And when I asked you to name the many cases of doctors who have according to you killed their nearest and dearest you only come up with two cases, one that happened 100 years ago and a recent case.

Then you go on to compare doctors with the military which are diametrically opposed to each other, since in the military soldiers are trained to KILL that is to take lives and to torture people to death. Doctors on the other hand, are trained to SAVE lives, can you see the difference Claire ? a real doctor will try to save anyone´s life by doing everything in their power to save perfect strangers to what it seems to me, by looking at this thread, ungrateful people.

Claire your example of the doctors having sex with the prostitutes is not the same as murder is it ? Sex is an activity who everyone I know has done including yourself as I doubt your children were conceived like the Virgin Mary unless of course they were inseminated by artificial insemination by a doctor.

Maria

Originally posted by claire View Post
          Maria, I wish I had your faith in people...there have been too many cases of doctors who have killed their nearest and dearest. Unfortunately, the medical profession, like the military and the police, often attracts those who are there for the wrong reasons. Not saying this is necessarily the case here, but unfortunately, making claims for the innocence of folk on the basis of their being doctors isn't really accurate.
          Last edited by Maria; 10-01-2008, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Three, actually, and yes, IVF babies since my first husband was terminally ill. Apologies?
            No, since this does not prove that doctors who have sex are murderers, which was the topic on hand.

Maria

Comment

• You still want to go on about this? Read my post above. I don't have time or inclination for this any more. For the record, all I was saying was that the proximity with the public afforded by the profession means that it sometimes attracts the wrong sort of people. I also said, as you will see, 'not saying this is necessarily the case here.' Therefore, I wasn't saying that the McCanns did anything nefarious to their child--just that we can't exonerate anyone who happens to be a doctor just because they are doctors. If you think I'm so stupid that I'm saying they are the same sort of professions, so be it. Nothing new there from you then.

Also, you have consistently alluded to this myth that doctors are completely moral and law abiding, because they are doctors. Visiting prostitutes during working hours and giving them prescriptions for methadone, amphetamines, benzodiazepines and other controlled drugs after no medical examination (no I don't include sex as a medical examination) is neither moral, nor lawful. Given that two of these doctors were struck off by the BMC for that very reason, I'd suspect that the Council agreed that there were a few bad apples.

And, yes, IVF doesn't include sex. So your rather horrible little allusion sort of fell a little flat.

Oh, and too lazy to do much research, but there's this: http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/s...s/index_1.html

and our dear friend Radovan Karadzic, another doctor who definitely is not responsible for the deaths of anyone at all
              Last edited by claire; 10-01-2008, 10:22 PM.
              best,

claire

Comment

• Originally posted by anna View Post
                Hi Maria

Many thanks for your kind words of advice, for what I can do to

ease the situation with my back.

I am going to try what you suggest,as soon as possible.

Bestest,

ANNA.
                Oh good Anna. I hope that does the trick ! Now you have reminded me to take my calcium too ! The ones that work best are the fizzy ones that disolve in water, this are better absorved by the body than the hard ones you swallow.

I hope you get well very soon.

Maria

Comment

You still want to go on about this? Read my post above. I don't have time or inclination for this any more. For the record, all I was saying was that the proximity with the public afforded by the profession means that it sometimes attracts the wrong sort of people. I also said, as you will see, 'not saying this is necessarily the case here.' Therefore, I wasn't saying that the McCanns did anything nefarious to their child--just that we can't exonerate anyone who happens to be a doctor just because they are doctors. If you think I'm so stupid that I'm saying they are the same sort of professions, so be it. Nothing new there from you then.

Also, you have consistently alluded to this myth that doctors are completely moral and law abiding, because they are doctors. Visiting prostitutes during working hours and giving them prescriptions for methadone, amphetamines, benzodiazepines and other controlled drugs after no medical examination (no I don't include sex as a medical examination) is neither moral, nor lawful. Given that two of these doctors were struck off by the BMC for that very reason, I'd suspect that the Council agreed that there were a few bad apples.

And, yes, IVF doesn't include sex. So your rather horrible little allusion sort of fell a little flat.
                  No Claire I did not. I said that UNLESS you had artificial insemination, that means that I was leaving open the posibility that you did not have sex. That will make you the only person I have talked to that has never experienced the joys of having sex.

I have never said what you said, I said above about doctors. I defy you to quote that I ever said that. Ha,ha,ha,ha, you will never be able to produce my quotes because I never said that, those are porkies aren´t they Claire ?

Of the MANY doctors who have killed their nearest and dearest... you only come up with... only TWO examples, one 100 years ago and Shipman, that is hardly MANY isn´t it Claire. You are becoming very hillarious to me Claire.
                  ha,ha,ha,ha,ha.

I will do it very slowly so that even you can understand this. It is about character Claire, a person who does not care about people would not chose a career that requires a caring disposition, do you get what I´m trying to say now. I hope you do, so that I do not have to explain it to you again.

Maria
                  Last edited by Maria; 10-01-2008, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• Ah. I see. A caring disposition. Like the one that drives someone to commit genocide. Like the one that makes somebody kill their elderly patients to get to their assets. Like the one that makes a surgeon kill his wife and leap, with their 2 year old, from a Suffolk bridge. Or the one that makes a Harvard (ooh, one of your favourite universities) trained dermatologist gun his wife down. Or the one that made a psychiatrist shoot his wife lethally in the head and then finesse reregistering while on parole. (just google it all: not two; many.) Like the one that drives someone to leave little children, 'well cared for', alone in an unlocked apartment while they go off and get drunk.

As you say, 'a person who does not care about people would not chose [sic] a career that requires a caring disposition.' I see. Thanks for the elucidation. What was your phrase? You are becoming very hillarious [sic] to me.
                    best,

claire

Comment

• Well, what does that have to do with the McCanns Claire ?

As I said before, doctors are human too. To love to kill are passions which can drive someone to kill. But to compare that to completely different professions as the same thing its hardly the case is it Claire ?

I mean a soldier takes lives and a doctor saves lives. There are a few bad apples but this does not make ALL doctors killers does it ? The whole EIGHT doctors conspiring to kill a lilttle girl, really...

Maria

Comment

• I've got too much work to do to persist with this, as entertaining as it may be in a popcorn-crunching, thorazine-dazed kind of a way.

Nighty night
                        best,

claire

Comment

• You have to have proof and evidence which seems a difficult concept for you to grasp before you can accuse someon of murder.

Why is that so hard to get into your thick head. I know how hard you are trying to get this concept in by banging your head with something but you know... if you have not got the grey material inside, it does not matter how hard you bang your head, you will never get it.

Maria

Comment

• Erm...I accused nobody of murder, least of all the McCanns. Go paint a picture or something. Clear your mind. Oh...oops...Sorry.
                            best,

claire

Comment

• Caring Profession?

Dear Claire,

I'm surprised you didn't mention some other 'Angels' in your post. Remember Beverley Gail Allitt, the nurse serial killer, and of course don't let us forget Dr Mengele who took care of so many concentration camp inmates.

I believe I'm correct in saying that as a profession doctors and nurses have produced more murderers than any other occupation.

PS Don't forget Dr William Palmer the Rugely Poisoner!

Comment

• Bob:

Out of the millions of doctors who have done their profession as originally intended that is with the oath to SAVE lives rather than destroyed them or apply torture techniques to kill people like a soldier is trained to do in Abu Ghraib, your examples are a small aberrant minority.

I do hope when you or your wife or your grandchildren need an operation or a doctor you should stay away from them and let the course take its natural end, instead of recurring to them to save your miserable life.

Maria

Comment

Working...
                                X