When Flying Saucers Attack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Gang, hope everyone is well.

We had a really bad storm here yesterday morning with torrential rain, and high winds. I had to take my son to school, which involves walking to the bottom of the street and we got soaked!

Today, there are brilliant blue skies, although it is 0 degrees celsius here at present, it is getting warmer and a good job, as I have to take the childrens library books into town!

It was interesting to read the news and hear about these methane pockets on Mars, as a possible sign for living organisms. I will be watching that closely!
    Regards Mike

Comment

• Mike, thanks for the heads up on Mars. I had not heard that yet.

The weather here has been rough for much of the winter so far. A strange winter, so far. It sounds like you all are getting it, too.

Stan, I'm glad your son is doing alright. It's beginning to look like the residents of the northern states are going to have to take up dog-sledding.
      "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• This morning my cousin's daughter, Baby Jessica passed away. She was born early and had an uphill fight, but made good progress. This has come as a major shock to us all.

R.I.P Baby Jessica.
        Regards Mike

Comment

• Very sad Mike. She's in Heaven now.
          This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Oh, no, Mike. I'm very sorry. We were pulling for her. Please give my condolences to your cousin. Stan's right; she's in Heaven.
            "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Thanks guys, She was so tiny, and such a fighter.
              Regards Mike

Comment

• Hi Mike,

Sorry about little Jessica. It is always extra tragic when an infant dies. I hope she is in a better, purer place now.

All my prayers for your family,

Jeff

Comment

• Thanks Jeff. The whole family have pulled together and put their differences aside to sort everything out.

I heard in the latest issue of "Paranormal Magazine" that lobbyists are already asking President Obama to release the UFO files!
                  Regards Mike

Comment

• It appears the Crop Circle Mystery has a new fan or two,

THE Queen and Prince Philip were gripped by the mystery of crop circles, it was revealed yesterday.
                    Letters seen by The Sun showed the couple asked to be kept informed about the weird farmland patterns.

Her Maj also asked an aide to send a sympathetic letter to Britain’s leading expert whose research was under threat.

And Philip was so intrigued he had newsletters on the circles — thought by many to be created by extraterrestrial beings — sent to Buckingham Palace.

They were published by researcher Colin Andrews, 61, an ex-local government engineer.

He said yesterday that his book Circular Evidence was placed on a summer reading list prepared for the Queen.

He later received a letter from her private secretary. It read: “Her Majesty has taken an interest in the mysterious crop circles for some time and was sad to hear your results of years of research into the question are at risk through lack of funds.”

Meanwhile, Philip paid £6 for an annual subscription to Colin’s crop circle round-up.

Colin said: “What has infuriated me is that the MoD continues to deny the Royal Family took an interest in the subject when I know for a fact they did.”
                    The Royal fascination matched the nation’s at the height of the phenomena in the 1980s and 1990s.
                    Regards Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                      I heard in the latest issue of "Paranormal Magazine" that lobbyists are already asking President Obama to release the UFO files!
                      We get that every four years and then the Trilateral Commission calls them in on the carpet and we never hear anything about it again.

At any rate, the putsch is scheduled to start here in Illinois on Monday. We've got Rolland-the-Pooh in the Senate now so all will be nice.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I don't know what the Trilateral Commission is but I know we sure get this every four years!

Forgive me for being ignorant, Stan, but I don't know anything about your new Senator. Is he at all interested in UFOs, you think?

Comment

• Hi Cel,

I don't know our new Senator's position on flying saucers. If I recall correctly, I voted for him a time or two when he was up for statewide office but that issue wasn't a part of his platform, I don't believe. I could be wrong.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                            Hi Cel,

I don't know our new Senator's position on flying saucers. If I recall correctly, I voted for him a time or two when he was up for statewide office but that issue wasn't a part of his platform, I don't believe. I could be wrong.
                            Something tells me you woulda remembered that!

Comment

• Our Politicians never speak about the subject, apart from when the occasional question is asked at the House of Lords.
                              I know Margaret Thatcher is supposed to have said things about the Rendlesham Forest Incident, but not alot else!
                              Regards Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Celesta View Post
                                I don't know what the Trilateral Commission is but I know we sure get this every four years!
                                Nobody knows the Trilateral Commissione...just like nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Hi Celeste, Stan, and Mike,

My mother is improving, eating more and getting out of bed more often. I'm glad to see that. My cooking seems to be improving too - another plus.

The last time a U.S. President (that I recall) spoke about U.F.Os or odd incidents he witnessed, it was President Jimmy Carter. But I don't think his outspokeness on that occasion translated into any release of Government files or information. In fact one of his comments (about a huge rabbit?) was just another club used to hit upon Jimmy's sad Presidential experience.

We just got our Governor's pick for replacing Hillary in the U.S. Senate. An upstate Congresswoman who is a Conservative Democrat. She may be willing to vote to release files on U.F.Os, but given her track record of votes in the House she may first have to clear it with the National Rifle Association!

Last night I added to Wikipedia - I rewrote and expanded an article about "Nurse" Dorothea Waddingham.

Best wishes,

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                X