Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Celesta View Post
    Hi Jeff,

Thanks. Surgery is Tuesday. I'm much more anxious about what we'll find out than the last time.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Ken.

I agree with what you said about the pilot mistaking the lighthouse and tower for a UFO, esp. as at one point he said it moved away from him or disappeared. Curious incident.
    Hi Celesta,

Hopefully everything will be successfully concluded by this time tomorrow night (it is 8:45 P.M. here right now). And hopefully there won't be more unwelcomed surprises.

Ken and his wife enjoyed an afternoon of stage entertainment (music, dance) at the local college yesterday. Ken is determined to continue enjoying life for as long as he can.

Best of luck to Mike as well tomorrow. I only want to hear of good news for awhile.

Jeff

Comment

• Hi Jeff, et al

The surgery went very well. The doctor could feel nothing in the thyroid. Some lymph nodes, a couple, looked suspicious on the MRI, but when he removed them, he said they didn't look very impressive. He's sure there's cancer in the thyroid, but maybe not so convinced about the lymph nodes. If my bro. hadn't had the tongue cancer, they would not have found this thyroid cancer, until it was much more advanced. He couldn't say with certainty that the stuff hadn't spread elsewhere, but he seemed certain that they caught it early. So they treat him with radiation pills in about 6 weeks, then it'll be a waiting game, I imagine.

That's as close as I can get to good news for now, Jeff.

How's your mom, BTW?

Ken and his wife enjoyed an afternoon of stage entertainment (music, dance) at the local college yesterday. Ken is determined to continue enjoying life for as long as he can.

I hope that's a very long time.

Hi Mike,

Let us hear, when you can.

Blessing on all of you.
      "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Celesta View Post
        Hi Jeff, et al

How's your mom, BTW?

Hi Celesta,

Mom is currently thriving thank you - she has been able to walk outside and go shopping or to restaurants or even her doctor last week. It was a bad sciatica attack, but it is currently gone.

Glad to hear the good news about your brother. Now let's hear similar news from Mike.

Jeff

Comment

• Sorry guys,

I have to have another 48 hour ECG, they have decided that 24 hour ECG's are too short, so a 48 will show more symptoms.
          Then I must go on a course of drugs, this should level things out.
          Then I have to have another 48 hour ECG to ascertain what drugs work.

With the current NHS waiting lists, I believe I will still be here this time next year.
          Regards Mike

Comment

• Whatever it takes to find a solution, Mike. Hope they do this time. Meanwhile, I hope you're feeling better.

UFO Hunters was about underground UFOs but I didn't get to see but a few minutes of it.
            "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Still having up days and down days.
              We visited several cemeteries today to find Stephenson and Dawber family graves, but after hours of searching found nothing, and it really drained me!

Ghosthunters was based at an old theatre the other night, but they found nothing.

Monster Hunter last night was about a large snake living in the Amazon or something.

I watched Quantum of Solace and got tired, so I never really took the programme in!
              Regards Mike

Comment

• Hi Gang,

Hope you're all well.

Mike, are you feeling better?

Cel

Comment

• Hope everything is looking up for everyone.

Last night, UFO Hunters was alien abductions. In the 1950s, most of those who said they met aliens indicated that they were friendly. I wonder what turned them against us.
                  This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Hi Gang,
                    Still feeling pretty bad but getting there. Once again I have changed my diet and am eating pretty much what the rabbit eats, or thereabouts.

Stephenson/Ripper Research
                    I have been pretty busy researching, keeping my mind busy and found some great christening and marriage entries that have given me more avenues to explore, I also finally found a picture of Robert D'Onston Stephenson's birthplace and some maps and plans showing the property.

I also found some old prints showing Customs House and a file of material when it was sold to Boots Chemist.

Haunted Hull
                    In other areas I have finished histories for all of the alleged public houses in Hull, got rid of some of the myths associated with them, and typed up over 25 pages of notes. It's looking pretty sweet.

Contacts
                    I have also made contacts in Sculcoates and recently spoke to several local youth clubs and community centres, with a view to giving a talk on JTR-The Hull Connection.

The latest issue of Fortean Times and The Paranormal Magazine are here, I will have a look through later!

Bradley won a raffle at school yesterday and came home with a big easter egg.
                    Me "Arn't you a lucky boy?"
                    Bradley "No, you are lucky!"
                    Me "Why?"
                    Bradley "Because I am going to share this with you all!"

Other than that, been pretty quite
                    Regards Mike

Comment

• Hi all,

I added some biographical material on two U.S. Secretaries of the Navy (George Robeson and Richard Thompson) to Wikipedia.

Have you noted the business about the U.F.O. hoax in New Jersey. Last January there were several videos that ended up on YOU TUBE of mysterious lights seen in New Jersey skies at night, and it was revealled that two anti-UFO skeptics (one a science teacher) were responsible for the hoax to show up UFO supporters and researchers. They have even boasted of the hoax on the UFO. But the joke may be on them. Their use of lights and weather balloons was not thrilling to aviation and security officials, so they may be
                      prosecuted as a result. The science teacher, not so cocky now, ran away from some reporters from channel 11 in New York, when they wanted to question him.

Earlier this week I saw the obituary notice (in the New York TImes) of one
                      Chauncey Loomis. Prof. Loomis was on staff at Dartmouth University He is best recalled for his book WEIRD AND TRAGIC SHORES, written in 1969, where he went up to Northern Greenland and exhumed the corpse of the American Polar Explorer Charles Francis Hall, who died on his "Polaris" Expedition in 1871. The cause of death was always suspect, but Loomis sent some material to a forensic lab, and they found plenty of arsenic in the explorer. He may have doctored himself with patent medicines with arsenic in it, or been poisoned by someone on the ship's crew (probably he ship's arrogant doctor).

Loomis's brother Stanley died back in the 1970s and had written four books on French history (three on the French Revolution of 1789-1794), but the fourth, A CRIME OF PASSION, was an excellent study on the murder of the Duchesse of Praslin by the Duc in 1847.

Jeff

Comment

• I have been spending time chasing up histories for Haunted Hull and came across this little gem of knowledge. In 1921, the landlord/liscencee of Ye Olde Corn Exchange pub in Hull was Joseph Lister, he was the cook on Scott's first arctic expedition! Amazing what you find if you look!

Spent most of yesterday in bed, have the same planned or today as still not feeling 100%, but I managed to read "The Best Of Ripperology" edited by Paul Begg and featuring some fantastic articles.

There was a great one on Anderson, by some bloke called Jeff......
                        Regards Mike

Comment

• Hi all,

Joseph Lister sounds like he had an interesting career - pub owner, cook for "Con" Scott and his first Antarctic (and luckier) crew, including Ernest Shackleton...and if memory fails me one of the great developers of antisepsis in the operating rooms of Edinburgh and London in the 19th Century - was it "Sir Joseph Lister" Mike? They name "Listerine" for him.

Yes the author you mentioned has done well. I still await that article on the Bravo Case he promised.

Jeff

Comment

• Not sure if it's the same guy or not Jeff, with Local History Library and City Archives closed my hands are tied. I only came across this info yesterday when I was collecting histories on local public houses, and found this little snippet.

I shall endevour to find out.

How are you doing with the chronology I sent you?
                            Regards Mike

Comment

• Hello Gang,

I wanted to let you know that my husband and I took my brother for his follow-up with the cancer doctor. His wife is in the hospital. They found no cancer anywhere. Not even in the thyroid. So it's very good news. The doctor is going to be pursuing, with a board of cancer experts, why thyroid cancer turned up the first lymph node from the first surgery. The path group even ran that lymph node again and thyroid cancer turned up a second time. It's a strange and perplexing thing, but a miracle in our eyes. The doctor is not even certain that there is a need for radiation.

Right now, I'm not going to speculate on why there would be thyroid cancer with no cancer in the thyroid. There had to be thyroid tissue in the lymph node. I'm too relieved. I was told that this sort of thing is not unheard of.

I want to thank you for your good wishes, and prayers.

Bestest,

Cel

Comment

• Hi Cel,

Good news indeed....

I'm so pleased for you all.

ANNA.x

Comment

Working...
                                X