JFK Assassination Documents to be released this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post
    The man who objects to character assassination of anyone involved in the conspiracy appears to be more broad-minded when it comes to dishing it out.

My mild mocking/sarcastic comments to you hardly compare with you saying that someone like Clint Hill deliberately slowed down the car so that Kennedy could be shot in the head or that other Secret Service agents were also complicit. These are terrible accusations against people whose sons and daughters and grandchildren are still alive.

Mark Lane and Jim Garrison are, according to him, deranged and dishonest conspiracy theorists.

Ive produced numerous examples of Mark Lane’s dishonesty and I can provide more if you want them. You know that you have an issue with a CT when other CT’s call them untrustworthy. And as for Garrison, whole books have been written on that fantasist.

When I put forward my argument, it is dismissed as laughable drivel and childish explanation.

What else can I say about a man who will not respond to questions or points that I make except with questions of your own. And what else can I say to a man who doesn’t think that a lookalike should actually look like the person that he’s supposed to be impersonating….that’s the kind of ‘logic’ that non-CT’s are up against.

Shomes is obviously a principled member of the Society against Assumption, Supposition, and Conjecture.

I don’t mind conjecture because we all do it but we shouldn’t present it as fact which is what you consistently do. You appear to believe that if you look at something and come to a conclusion then it must be the right one.

That must be the reason for his objections as follows:

Evidence? .... you haven’t provided an iota of evidence (sic) that.​

But curiously, he seems to have an exemption:

his very clearly wasn’t ​... it would have been physically impossible​ ...

I do wish that you would quote fully and properly because it’s impossible for me to respond to his point because I can’t recall what I said the above quote in response to. There’s nothing wrong with saying that something is ‘physically impossible’ if it was ‘physically impossible.’

Exceptional circumstances required exceptional measures, he declares grandly.

Of course!

That is the whole key to the assassination of President Kennedy.

And the assassination required a fall-guy and someone to silence him before he could spill the beans.

This is the perfect example of your poor thinking. They didn’t need a fully guy. It’s just that conspiracy theorists like you have sought to claim that Oswald was one and so you need to come up with the excuses in defence of that position. The basic requirements of an assassination conspiracy would be twofold. That the target doesn’t survive and that the plot isn’t revealed. This is the simplest of common sense. So conspirators would want the most efficient plot. A plot with the lowest chances of it going wrong in any way. A plot with the fewest people involved for very obvious security reasons. There’s no way that the bodies suggested (CIA, FBI, Secret Service, Military) would want the slightest chance of being implicated by someone making an error or by someone deciding to spill the beans.

To adapt a line from Oscar Wilde,

To lose a President may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose his assassin looks like carelessness.​

To use a quote from Benjamin Franklin: Three people can keep a secret…if two of them are dead.

Somwhat chances of a plot involving 100’s. None.

And not only that, but after the alleged assassin conveniently died before he could stand trial, his assassin himself died before he could stand trial, and certain key witnesses - Morales, Roselli, and Giancana - died mysteriously just before they were to testify about the CIA and ... assassinations.

More amazing coincidences!
    Please don’t start with the ‘mysterious deaths’ crap. I refuse even to discuss that bilge. Penn Jones crap has been thoroughly exposed.

Conspiracy theorists will believe absolutely anything except proper evidence.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

You are assuming that the conspirators were gentlemen, playing by the rules.

I assume that they are a figment of conspiracy theorists imaginations.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiver View Post
        [/B]

A coup d'etat?

All Cabinet members were kept on. LBJ maintained JFK's policies and pushed harder than JFK had for Civil Rights and containing Communism.

There was an assassination, but no coup d'etat.

You’re ruining the fantasy Fiver.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• It should stand without dispute that anyone coming up with any kind of plot or plan would have wanted as few things as possible that could have gone wrong (especially considering the massive repercussion that would undoubtedly have ensued in something as momentous as the assassination of the President of the USA - just imagine for second Joe Biden being assassinated and it was discovered to have been as the result of a plot between disgruntled Trump supporters, the CIA, the FBI, the Military, the Police and the Secret Service?)

So let’s just compile a list of things that could very, very easily have gone wrong and which would either have foiled the plot or resulted in its discovery. I invite anyone to add things to this list. Let’s see how many we can come up with. I’d say that conspirators would have abandoned the plan at 4 or 5.
          1. Oswald gets one of the other jobs that he applied for before getting in at the TSBD.
          2. Linnie Mae Randle couldn’t attend the coffee morning so Marina and Ruth never learn about Buell Frazier working at the TSBD.
          3. Roy Truly had already filled the post when Oswald applied.
          4. Roy Truly wasn’t impressed with Oswald and so didn’t give hm the job.
          5. Other employees decide to watch the parade from the 6th floor and Oswald can’t find an alternative spot.
          6. Kennedy survives the assassination.
          7. Someone not only sees Oswald in the window but takes a photograph.
          8. Someone sees Oswald somewhere else in the TSBD at the time of the shots.
          9. Marion Baker is suspicious of Oswald and detains him at the TSBD.
          10. Oswald is witnessed killing Tippit.
          11. The writing on the purchase orders for the guns are discovered to be forgeries.
          12. Oswald’s being watched by the FBI is revealed.
          13. Kennedy and Connally are found to have been hit by 4 bullets but there are only 3 shells on the 6th floor.
          14. Someone turns round and sees the Grassy Knoll gunman.
          15. Lee Bowers or someone in a car sees a man running away carrying a rifle.
          16. Evidence of a gunman is found behind the fence.
          17. Some photographer gets the GK gunman in a clear photograph.
          18. Some home movie maker gets the GK gunman on film.
          19. Tippit isn’t killed straight away and manages to shoot Oswald.
          20. Oswald spills the beans whilst in custody.
          21. Oswald spills the beans whilst on camera.
          22. The GK gunman hits Kennedy in the neck and the bullet goes through to hit Jackie.
          23. The GK gunman hits in such a way that it cannot be shown to have come from the TSBD.
          24. The three 5th floor workers look up after the first shot and see a rifle sticking out of the 6th floor window.
          25. In the echo chamber the conspirators are unlucky and 95% of witnesses believe the shots came from the GK.
          26. Absolutely everyone in the trauma room at Parkland get a clear, close-up look at the back of Kennedy’s head and they all testify strongly to a massive back of the head wound.
          27. They can’t find 3 corrupt pathologists. Or other medical staff at Bethesda.
          28. That none of the above have an attack of ‘conscience’ and later spill the beans.
          29. That the decision was made to go to Walter Reed instead of Bethesda.
          30. That the faked autopsy photographs are revealed at later investigations.
          31. That the faked x-rays are revealed at later investigations.
          32. That the faked Neely Street photos are revealed at later investigations.
          33. That Earl Warren and the commissioners refused to take part in a corrupt investigation (Warren was a massive Kennedy admirer btw)
          34. They couldn’t find corrupt counsels/investigators.
          35. They couldn’t find corrupt pathologists at the HSCA.
          36. They couldn’t find corrupt ballistics experts at the HSCA.
          37. They couldn’t find corrupt photographic experts at the HSCA.
          38. They couldn’t find corrupt handwriting experts at the HSCA.
          39. That Oswald didn’t request his sweater which allowed Ruby just enough time to kill him.
          40. That Ruby didn’t spill the beans about being part of a conspiracy.
          41. That Oswald survived and spilled the beans.
          42. That Ruby didn’t die and later spilled the beans (to fellow prisoners for eg.)
          43. That they couldn’t get near to Connally’s stretcher at Parkland to plant c399. Or that it was absolutely proven to have been a stretcher unconnected to the assassination.
          44. That Marina Oswald said that her husband didn’t own a rifle.
          45. That no one produced incontrovertible evidence that Oswald was being impersonated.
          46. That the ‘Mauser’ wasn’t clearly photographed…..leaving no doubt.
          47. The Zapruder film is discover to have been faked.
          48. That some comes forward with some previously unseen photograph/s.
          49. After hearing the first shot a secret service man jumps onto the car blocking the assassins aim for the head shot.
          50. Oswald agrees to a lie detector and passes with flying colours.

Thats just a quick 50 to be going on with.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

Hi PI,

Umbrella Man is a character I'm aware of, having read about him some time previously. What is your opinion on him being Louie Witt, an unconnected bystander who came forward in 1978, the umbrella being a Neville Chamberlain reference familiar to Kennedy?
            That's an interesting question, Al.

I must say that Witt did look like the man in the close-up photo(s) of the Umbrella Man, when he was sitting next to DCM.

I had a big argument on YouTube with someone who insisted that UM opened his umbrella because it was a hot day, but couldn't answer my question as to why he should have rolled it up before sitting down on the sidewalk in the sun.

As for Witt's own explanation, it seems that no-one on the HSCA asked him to explain why he 'pumped' his umbrella up in the air rather than, as he seemed to imply, simply raised it above his head as if to keep out the rain.

I am bound to ask whether he really thought that Kennedy would make the connection between the umbrella and Chamberlain and, thereby, discern a political point about Kennedy's own foreign policy.

I would also question why, if that was all there was to it, he then sat down on the sidewalk next to a man who appeared to be holding a walkie-talkie and that he showed no interest in the fact that the President had just been shot.

Photos show him just looking down contemplatively, as if he had foreknowledge of the shooting.

One further question: is it just a coincidence that the man he sat next to was the same man who had moments before been standing with his arm stretched upwards at the same time as he, UM, had been pumping his umbrella?

Comment

In a case such as this, in which the heir apparent, so-to-speak, the country's top law enforcement officer, the intelligence agencies, the military, and the Secret Service were implicated, WHO could have brought the conspirators to justice?

Even the Dallas Police, had they wanted to see justice done, could not have done so - because the Secret Service stole the President's body and the FBI overrode Dallas' lawful jurisdiction.
              The top law enforcement officer in the US is the Attorney General. In 1963, that was Robert Kennedy. Who are you going to accuse next - Jackie?

Conspiracy theorists have blamed plenty of groups and individuals but none of those groups have been implicated, because that would require evidence.

The only person implicated in the killing of JFK is Lee Harvey Oswald. We have plenty of evidence. There is no evidence against anyone else.
              "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

The top law enforcement officer in the US is the Attorney General. In 1963, that was Robert Kennedy. Who are you going to accuse next - Jackie?

Conspiracy theorists have blamed plenty of groups and individuals but none of those groups have been implicated, because that would require evidence.

The only person implicated in the killing of JFK is Lee Harvey Oswald. We have plenty of evidence. There is no evidence against anyone else.

I stand corrected.

I meant J. Edgar Hoover - and I think it was obvious that I did.

I refer to an interview with Richard Nixon, in which he said that Hoover had told him that although LBJ disliked JFK, he really hated RFK.

It seems that Dulles, whom Kennedy had fired, was not too keen on him either, which makes his selection to sit on the Warren Commission rather curious.

Kennedy had many enemies, and it was enemies who would have plotted his downfall.

I suppose it is just a coincidence that leading mobsters were talking about eliminating the Kennedy brothers.

I suppose it was just their lucky day when Oswald beat them to it and Hoover put out a message about convincing the public that no-one else was involved.

There is no evidence against Oswald that would have stood up in an impartial court, and police chief Curry - dismissed by one of your colleagues here as a moron - stated that there was no proof that Oswald shot Kennedy.

The fact that Oswald was prevented from standing trial and that Hoover wanted to convince the public of his sole guilt tells you that this was not a show Oswald had been running.

Comment

I suppose it is just a coincidence that leading mobsters were talking about eliminating the Kennedy brothers.

Totally.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Kennedy had many enemies, and it was enemies who would have plotted his downfall.

So did Lyndon Johnson. Why did no one assassinate him?
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Umbrella Man is part of the iconography of the JFK killing and a very good example of how both the CT and WC advocates have to turn summersaults to make sense of the evidence.

Some CTs believe that a signal was being given to co-ordinate the shooting, perhaps in conjunction with some sort of ‘black power’ salute from the man standing next to him. But this doesn’t stand much examination. Surely in an assassination the signal would be made secretly. And in an age of radio and torch batteries why would any assassins be relying on some kind of semaphore? To my knowledge the umbrella signal has never been used before or since by any team of shooters.

However the WC theory is equally bizarre. No one else in Dealey Plaza would have had the remotest idea of what Umbrella Man was on about, including Kennedy himself. So what on earth was the point of a 1930s political reference that nobody understood? In fact had Joe Kennedy and Neville Chamberlain been alive to ride in the motorcade they would have been none the wiser either. The whole scenario is idiotic.
                      Yet, as first generation CT Josiah Thompson said, sometimes we just have to accept that the idiotic explanation is probably the right one.

Comment

David Sánchez Morales died on 1978. He worked for the CIA and was probably involved in assassination plots against Castro during the Kennedy administration. He died of a heart attack and was not due to testify to anybody about anything.

Morales died of a heart attack in 1978, weeks before - it has been reported - he was to be called to testify before the HSCA.

Comment

There is no evidence against Oswald that would have stood up in an impartial court, and police chief Curry - dismissed by one of your colleagues here as a moron - stated that there was no proof that Oswald shot Kennedy.
                          Not just a moron. A blind moron. An incompetent, useless, should-have-been-drummed-out-of-his-job-for-saying-it moron. Just the kind of person that conspiracy theorists worship.

How could a senior police office, that’s not in a padded cell writing on the walls in his own excrement, say that the following isn’t enough evidence.

Proof of ownership of rifle and revolver.
                          Rifle and revolver proven to be the murder weapons.
                          Fingerprints.
                          Fibres from his shirt.
                          Seen carrying a bulky parcel to work.
                          Known to keep a rifle at Irving which was no longer there.
                          Snipers nest on the floor where only he was.
                          Photographed with the rifle and revolver.
                          Fled the scene.
                          ID’d by around 9 people as the killer of Tippit.
                          Arrested in possession of the revolver which he pulled whilst assaulting Officer McDonald.
                          Refused a lie detector.

And our brilliant police officer says it’s not enough evidence. Criminals across America hearing that would have been p***ing themselves with excitement.
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Maybe I did a disservice yesterday to the WC questioning Bonnie Ray Williams in detail about chicken sandwiches. A chicken bone fired from a powerful catapult could well be lethal, especially if it strikes the throat. Arlen Spector had to discount that possibility before developing his magic bullet theory.

Comment

• Originally posted by cobalt View Post
                              Umbrella Man is part of the iconography of the JFK killing and a very good example of how both the CT and WC advocates have to turn summersaults to make sense of the evidence.

Some CTs believe that a signal was being given to co-ordinate the shooting, perhaps in conjunction with some sort of ‘black power’ salute from the man standing next to him. But this doesn’t stand much examination. Surely in an assassination the signal would be made secretly. And in an age of radio and torch batteries why would any assassins be relying on some kind of semaphore? To my knowledge the umbrella signal has never been used before or since by any team of shooters.

However the WC theory is equally bizarre. No one else in Dealey Plaza would have had the remotest idea of what Umbrella Man was on about, including Kennedy himself. So what on earth was the point of a 1930s political reference that nobody understood? In fact had Joe Kennedy and Neville Chamberlain been alive to ride in the motorcade they would have been none the wiser either. The whole scenario is idiotic.
                              Yet, as first generation CT Josiah Thompson said, sometimes we just have to accept that the idiotic explanation is probably the right one.

It wasn’t a theory. The guy himself said it. It’s another opportunity for conspiracists to weave bizarre plots. As if a gunman wouldn’t know when to fire. Was that in case they weren’t paying attention?

We know who umbrella man was and what he was doing. It’s a none story exactly like the three tramps which gullible conspiracy theorists for years tried to say was Howard Hunt, Frank Sturgis and even Woody Harrelson’s dad or any number of shady characters. Sadly for them the arrest record was found and the three tramps were…….you guessed it……three tramps.
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by cobalt View Post
                                Umbrella Man is part of the iconography of the JFK killing and a very good example of how both the CT and WC advocates have to turn summersaults to make sense of the evidence.

I have a short documentary on YouTube in which, I believe, I have refuted Josiah Thompson's explanation.

Comment

Working...
                                X