JFK Assassination Documents to be released this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

Whether you think this would apply to Kennedy and Johnson I'll leave up to you.

My own family in the 1960s were red necked Republicans from a deeply rural state, and as a part of cultural history let me just point out that it was widely assumed by these folks (who were Republicans almost to a man or to a woman) that Johnson had Kennedy killed.

I'm not suggesting that they were correct, but that's what many people back then believed. To these folks, the idea that the opposing political party was entirely made up of self-serving and treacherous people, capable of killing their own, was entirely plausible.

It took me decades to come to the conclusion that LBJ was involved in the conspiracy and I regard his part as a kind of missing piece in the puzzle, without which one cannot solve it.

I know that merely mentioning this will bring hell fire down upon me, reminding me of William F. Buckley's description of people who believe this as cretins - and that was in 1966.

In justification, I ask the following questions:

If LBJ was genuinely so shocked and devastated by the assassination of JFK that in addressing the people, he said I ask for your help [dramatic pause] and God's, why was he smiling (and possibly winking) at Congressman Albert Thomas, who was smiling and winking at him, while Jacqueline Kennedy was standing next to him, visibly shaken and covered with the dead President's blood?

Why, if LBJ really considered himself merely the custodian of Kennedy's political legacy, did he issue two executive orders reversing ones issued by JFK, just after taking office?

Why, if LBJ had no malice aforethought, was practically his first act on moving in to the White House to instruct his shocked secretary to remove anything connected with the Kennedys?

Comment

• Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post

It took me decades to come to the conclusion that LBJ was involved in the conspiracy and I regard his part as a kind of missing piece in the puzzle, without which one cannot solve it.
      Must be gutted to realise you've wasted decades of your life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Hi Roger,

I wouldn’t dispute any of the above and I agree that the part of my post that you are referring to was perhaps over-simplistic. For me though, we have to look at the evidence that is available. Motives can certainly debated and the motive for wanting Kennedy dead, whoever was responsible, was unlikely to have been anything other than politically motivated. By objection on here though is that it’s assumed by some that this is in itself evidence of a conspiracy (although I realise that this isn’t what you yourself are implying)
        hey herlock
        Johnson didnt even want to be president, or at the very least was so disinterested in "regime change" for him that he didnt run for re election. not exactly someone hell bent on power.
        "Is all that we see or seem
        but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Aethelwulf View Post

Must be gutted to realise you've wasted decades of your life.

I have not, but you seem to have missed the point that I could hardly have jumped to the conclusion that LBJ was involved in a conspiracy, as a malicious conspiracy theorist might be expected to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by GBinOz View Post
            Skinny Holland and three of his fellow railway workers went to this site immediately after the shots were fired, and stated there were footprints and cigarette butts. They were there. Why would they all lie? Someone who was yet to be born says there wasn't a single foot print. Who should we believe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEq6...HelmerReenberg
            This would indicate there was a man smoking cigarettes behind the picket fence.

A rifle would not have produced visible puffs of smoke.

A competent assassin would have picked a spot that wasn't muddy and wouldn't have been smoking, which would risk drawing attention to his location and would leave the cigarette butts as trace evidence.

"The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

• Originally posted by jason_c View Post
              What I don't get about the 'regime change' argument is that there were far easier ways for intelligence agencies to accomplish regime change than assassination. JFK was the ultimate womaniser. I think this would be a far easier way to destroy him than a assassination.
              Exactly. Publicizing JFK's behavior would have been a cheaper, easier, and safer method of destroying JFK. It would also have zero risk of being executed for murder and treason.
              "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiver View Post

Exactly. Publicizing JFK's behavior would have been a cheaper, easier, and safer method of destroying JFK. It would also have zero risk of being executed for murder and treason.

I think that's wrong.

It is reported that JFK had just as big a file on Hoover, for example, as Hoover had on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

hey herlock
                  Johnson didnt even want to be president, or at the very least was so disinterested in "regime change" for him that he didnt run for re election. not exactly someone hell bent on power.
                  Hi Abby,

Its seems so but I know little about him. I read a biography a few years ago called Flawed Giant which I still have somewhere (I think) Barn is the man in the know as he’s been reading Robert Caro’s mammoth multi volume biography on Johnson.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post

I think that's wrong.

It is reported that JFK had just as big a file on Hoover, for example, as Hoover had on him.
                    Reported by whom? Another rumour perhaps?
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiver View Post

Ditto Martin Luther King.
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• You can’t help feeling sorry for poor old Lee Harvey Oswald. Not only did our mysterious conspirators frame him for the assassination of Kennedy, they also framed him for the murder of JD Tippit. Did they think that the population wouldn’t be annoyed enough at the mere assassination of the President? Did one of them think:” Guys, I’ve been thinking about this plot. Ok it’s complex with hundreds of things that could go wrong for us but still I don’t think it’s risky enough. Why don’t we add another murder with numerous another witnesses?” Perhaps they should have thrown in a couple of shoplifting charges and an accusation that Oswald was late taking his library books back too? On what planet was setting him up for Tippit’s murder a remotely valid, well thought out thing to do? But, as is often the case in assassination circles, it gets even worse…..they try to frame him for the attempted assassination of General Walker!

….

On April 10th Oswald shot at the right-wing General Walker from an alley behind is house. Oswald missed, then left the scene on foot. An FBI report submitted on December 5th concluded that Oswald had indeed shot at General Walker. Is there any evidence for this? Unlike the alleged evidence for conspiracy yes there is. Real evidence not theoretical speculations.

Marina told the Warren Commission that Oswald had come home very late on the night of the shooting looking pale and had told her that he’d done it. CT’s suggest that she was coerced but this holds no water because she told the same story to author Priscilla McMillan, to the HSCA and even to Oprah Winfrey on her November 22nd 1996 show.

There were three photographs found in Oswald’s possession that had been taken with his Imperial Reflex Camera. Why would he have taken photographs of the back of Walker’s house? (Note to CT’s please don’t bother with the number plate issue because it’s not an issue)

But the ‘killer’ is the note that he left for Marina. As he was so late she became worried and went into a room that he used as his private office (a room that he had forbidden her from entering) where she found a note that he had left for her written in Russian. It said:
                        1. This is the key to the mailbox which is located in the main Post Office in the city on Ervay Street. This is the same street where the drugstore, in which you always waited, is located. You will find the mailbox in the post office which is located 4 blocks from the drugstore on that street. I paid for the box last month so don’t worry about it.
                        2. Send the information as to what has happened to me to the Embassy and include newspaper clippings (should there be anything about me in the newspapers) I believe that the Embassy will come quickly to your assistance on learning everything.

3. I paid the house rent on the 2d so don’t worry about it.

4. Recently I also paid for water and gas.

5. The money from work will possibly be coming. The money will be sent to our post office box. Go to the bank and cash the check.

6. You can either throw out or give my clothing, etc. away. Do not keep these. However, I prefer that you hold on to my personal papers (military, civic, etc.)

7. Certain of my documents are in a small blue valise.

8. The address book can be found on my table in the study should need same.

9. We have friends here. The Red Cross will also help you [Red Cross in English]

10. I left you as much money as I could, $60 on the second of the month. You and the baby [apparently] can live for another 2 months using $10 per week.

11. If I am alive and taken prisoner, the city jail is located at the end of the bridge through which we always passed on going to the city (right in the beginning of the city after crossing the bridge)

The note wasn’t dated but the WC concluded that the references in it to rent, gas and water being paid are entirely consistent with the date of the Walker shooting. It wasn’t signed but James C. Cadigan, the FBI’s examiner of questioned documents confirmed that it was in Oswald’s handwriting. The HSCA experts reached exactly the same conclusion…that it was undoubtedly written by Oswald.

So we have all of that evidence of Oswald’s guilt and what do CT’s usually come up with? The usual trivia. That the note wasn’t turned over to the police until 9 days after the assassination (unsurprisingly perhaps given the circumstances that Marina found herself in?) And George’s favoured ‘fact’ that a witness called Walter Kirk Coleman saw 2 men in the parking lot of the Mormon Church next to Walker’s home. One of them got into a car and left at speed. There is nothing to remotely connecting these men to the attempted shooting.

Could we really find a guiltier man that Lee Harvey Oswald? How could everything that he ever did be a part of some sci-fi plot? It’s just so silly. The evidence absolutely screams guilty.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• How likely is it or how possible it that Kennedy’s x-rays were faked? In 1977 when the HSCA was set up they couldn’t have been more aware of the allegations of conspiracy and fakery that were everywhere so they went to extraordinary lengths in checking the genuineness of the x-rays….and no one could accuse the HSCA of being WC ‘apologists.’

From the x-rays taken of Kennedy when he was alive they examined dentition (which is as distinctive as fingerprints) and nasal sinuses (as distinctive as fingerprints) and compared them to the autopsy x-rays and found that they matched exactly. Anthropologists checked the post mortem x-rays against the pre mortem ones and found that the “turcica, cranial sutures, vascular grooves, and the air cells of the mastoid bone” were sufficient to conclude that both sets of x-rays were of the same person…Kennedy. Forensic anthropologists came to the exact same conclusion…that the x-rays were of Kennedy.

None of the x-rays showed even a single piece of evidence which even hinted at fakery.

Within the photos were what are known as stereo pairs. With the technology at the time it was essentially impossible to tamper or fake them without detection. There were more than one stereo pair and none of them showed evidence of fakery.

The x-rays were conclusively not faked and the shouts of ‘fake’ only sound hollower and hollower and display an embarrassing level of desperation.
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Interesting fact (in my opinion)

Researcher David Perry compiled a list of everyone who had either been proposed as an assassin (or co-assassin) or who have confessed to being the assassin or one of the assassins.

There are 68 names.

Was anyone in Dealey Plaza that day not an assassin.
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• How many rifles were there if we apply conspiracy theorist methods?

- a .30 calibre Enfield - Dallas police

- a 7.65 Mauser - Dallas police

- ‘weapon looked like a 30-30 rifle or some kind of Winchester’ - Dallas police

- an Army or Japanese .25 calibre - a Secret Service man

Oh, and the actual rifle, the Mannlicher Carcano.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• And again, if we apply conspiracy theorist thinking, how many bullets do we think that there were? Three? Four? How about 13?

An envelope that contained a 7.65 mm rifle shell that the FBI discovered in Dealey Plaza. The envelope was empty, but a notation on it said it had contained the shell.

A 30.06 shell casing found by a maintenance man on the roof of the county records building.

Dallas cop JW. Foster saw what he thought was a bullet striking the grass on Dealey Plaza infield about 350 feet from the depository, close to a manhole cover.

4-5 Two bullets that supposedly produced 2 mounds of earth on the infield of Dealey Plaza. Wayne and Edna Hartman said they noticed the mounds and were told by a cop that bullets fired from the Grassy Knoll must have been the cause.

A bullet supposedly penetrated the windshield of the limo leaving a through and though hole, as reported by Stavis Ellis and HR Freeman. This would imply a shot from the front.

The bullet that J. Edgar Hoover told LBJ “rolled out of the presidents head” on the way to Parkland Hospital. The bullet, according to Hoover, was loosened by heat massage.

The bullet, fired from the Grassy Knoll, that most conspiracists believe hit Kennedy in the head from the right front.

The bullet that, most critics of the single bullet fact insist hit Kennedy in the throat from the front.

A bullet that, according to Connally, fell on the floor and was picked up by a nurse who put it in her pocket as he was rolled off the stretcher and onto the examining table.

The Osborne bullet, an intact slug that Admiral David Osborne said rolled out of Kennedy’s clothing when the body was removed from the coffin prior to the autopsy.

A ‘missile moved by Commander James Humes’ at the autopsy as reported by FBI agents Sibert and O’Neill.

A bullet that supposed Dealey Plaza witness James Hicks said hit the Stemmons Freeway sign. The sign was supposedly removed about 30 minutes after the shooting.

Thats a lot of ‘bullets.’
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X