JFK Assassination Documents to be released this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFK Assassination Documents to be released this year

I know some of you have an interest in the Assassination of President Kennedy, so I thought I'd mention that a large batch of documents previously under a "not to be released for 25 years" order are coming due this month to be made public.
    Maybe.

Deadline is October 26, but some could still be held back for "national security" reasons.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Some WILL be held back... but not to protect national security.
    JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Comment

Certainly I would welcome the release of these documents in the hope they will provide something more of the truth. I don't believe the lone gunman verdict one bit and I'm very doubtful that LHO was quite the marksman they portray! I've often thought that LBJ and also the arms industry had a lot to gain from these events (at least from what I've read).

Slightly confused as to the 25 year prohibition though - that would place their origins in 1992 whereas the event took place in 1963. Or is it that it was an extra 25 year period slapped on a previous 25 years, for example (or thereabouts).

If the documents somehow supported the verdict reached (and the magic bullet), why would they need to be unreleased for so long unless they implicated someone of importance? In which case, of course, that could easily provide support for a wider conspiracy. Might just re-kindle an interest in this subject.

Comment

IF they are released. Big IF.
        JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
        JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
        JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Comment

Originally posted by MysterySinger View Post
          Slightly confused as to the 25 year prohibition though - that would place their origins in 1992 whereas the event took place in 1963. Or is it that it was an extra 25 year period slapped on a previous 25 years, for example (or thereabouts).
          I was confused by that at first, but it seems a judgement was made in 1992 to withold them for another 25 years.

I saw a documentary a while ago, which suggested that Oswald was the lone gunman, but the fatal headshot was fired accidentally by a secret service agent in the car behind, as he drew out his gun. Which may explain any cover-up. Incompetence rather than conspiracy.

Comment

This might help clarify why it is of significance.

In November 1964, two months after the publication of its 889-page report, the Commission published twenty-six volumes of supporting documents, including the testimony or depositions of 552 witnesses and more than 3,100 exhibits.[17] All of the commission's records were then transferred on November 23 to the National Archives. The unpublished portion of those records was initially sealed for 75 years (to 2039) under a general National Archives policy that applied to all federal investigations by the executive branch of government,[18] a period "intended to serve as protection for innocent persons who could otherwise be damaged because of their relationship with participants in the case.”[19] The 75-year rule no longer exists, supplanted by the Freedom of Information Act of 1966 and the JFK Records Act of 1992. By 1992, 98 percent of the Warren Commission records had been released to the public.[20] Six years later, at the conclusion of the Assassination Records Review Board's work, all Warren Commission records, except those records that contained tax return information, were available to the public with redactions.[21] The remaining Kennedy assassination related documents are scheduled to be released to the public by October 26, 2017,[22] twenty-five years after the passage of the JFK Records Act.[23]
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

I don’t think there’ll be any revelations there. It’s case closed. Oswald did it on his own. Absolutely no doubt at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                I don’t think there’ll be any revelations there. It’s case closed. Oswald did it on his own. Absolutely no doubt at all.
                And a local mafioso silenced him out of sympathy for Jackie.

Nothing will come out of this. Anything worth reading will have been redacted to hell and back.

Comment

It will give the conspiracy theorists something new to build their fantasies around I suppose. I’m wondering what will be next?

An assassin firing bullets from an umbrella? Nope, it’s been done.

An accidental shot from a CIA agent in a car behind Kennedy’s? Nope, it’s been done.

An assassin firing from a sewer in Dealey Plaza? Nope, it’s been done.

Kennedy killed by Woody Harrelson’s dad? Nope, it’s been done.

What about Kennedy’s body being operated on whilst on Airforce One to disguise the wound and make it look like a shot from behind? Nope, it’s been done.

I’m sure they’ll come up with something

Comment

Hmm, but I'll never be convinced that THAT shot wasn't fired from the front and side - not at all. There's nothing anyone can say that will change my view, and the magic bullet theory is ridiculous fantasy for me.

Comment

Hmm, but I'll never be convinced that THAT shot wasn't fired from the front and side - not at all. There's nothing anyone can say that will change my view, and the magic bullet theory is ridiculous fantasy for me.
                      So you are not open to any evidence that does not fit your own assumption?

The bullet did not turn in mid air, there was nothing magic about it, it went straight through Kennedy and hit Connally and the bullet was certainly not "pristine".
                      My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

I have actually stood (and nearly got killed by the traffic) just in front of the famous 'Grassy Knoll', with the TBD to my left and slightly behind me. If it was LHO up there in the TBD building, then it was a bloody good shot, but not an impossible shot. However, anyone who looks at the Zapruder Film can see quite clearly that a shot hit JFK from more or less in front of him and to his right, and threw his head right back with the impact. That shot, I contend, could have come from only the area of the 'Grassy Knoll', yet it seems to me that this possibility had been glossed over for years. Why? Because to accept it pre-supposes that there really was more than one gunman that day? Or what? I have also never quite come to terms with the accepted facts regarding LHO's arrest following the shooting of Officer Tippet. It seems to me that he was pinched very, very quickly after that event.

Something is going on here, and has been for more than 54 years......hasn't it?

G
                        We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

What coming up with bizarre theories about a murder then getting a book published to a salivating public desperate for answers?

I'm not suggesting our Jack was involved in the JFK assassination (although it would be the ultimate JFK/Ripper crossover suspect book) but the two cases may have more in common than at first glance.
                          My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

So you are immune to facts?

The so-called Magic Bullet Theory isn’t necessary. Science has proven, absolutely, categorically that the bullet trajectory lines up perfectly. Connolly was sitting lower than Kennedy and to his left. No issues at all.

3 shots from behind. One missed, one hit Kennedy in the back, one was the head shot. No conspiracy required.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                              I have actually stood (and nearly got killed by the traffic) just in front of the famous 'Grassy Knoll', with the TBD to my left and slightly behind me. If it was LHO up there in the TBD building, then it was a bloody good shot, but not an impossible shot. However, anyone who looks at the Zapruder Film can see quite clearly that a shot hit JFK from more or less in front of him and to his right, and threw his head right back with the impact. That shot, I contend, could have come from only the area of the 'Grassy Knoll', yet it seems to me that this possibility had been glossed over for years. Why? Because to accept it pre-supposes that there really was more than one gunman that day? Or what? I have also never quite come to terms with the accepted facts regarding LHO's arrest following the shooting of Officer Tippet. It seems to me that he was pinched very, very quickly after that event.

G
                              I’m a bit rusty on my JFK. The shots were fired from the book depository by Oswald with no help from Grassy Knoll phantoms. When the Zapruder film is analysed Kennedy’s head moves forward very slightly on first impact than backward. A combination of the bullet exploding in his brain and the ‘jet effect’ makes the head jar backwards. Exactly as scientific experts say that it would. Also, on closer analysis, the arterial spray from Kennedy goes in front of him. Shot from behind without doubt.

Oswalds actions after the assassination have ‘obvious guilt’ written all over them. He couldn’t have acted more like a guilty man if he’d tried. A description had been put out, Tippit stopped him. He was seen acting suspiciously then entering the cinema without paying.
                              When he was arrested the gun he was carrying was scientifically identified as the gun that killed Tippit to the exclusion of every other gun in the world. It was traced to Klein’s Sporting Goods Store in Chicago I believe. Bought in the name of A.Hidell (as was the rifle that killed Kennedy) Oswald had a library card for an A.Hidell.

Read Reinventing History by Bugliosi. It’s game over for the conspiracy theorists.

Comment

Working...
                              X