No announcement yet.

Cutting Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My copy has been dispatched and is due to arrive tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
      My copy has been dispatched and is due to arrive tomorrow.
      Thatīs good news - glad to hear it!

Comment

• Selling like hot cakes Christer, do you get updates on how many has been sold?

I'm looking forward to when I get my chance to get a copy.

Jim
        "Seek the absence of the normal, and find the presence of the abnormal"

Comment

• Originally posted by Juniper4576 View Post
          Selling like hot cakes Christer, do you get updates on how many has been sold?

I'm looking forward to when I get my chance to get a copy.

Jim
          I will get updated as we move along. I hope you can lay your hands on a copy in the near future!

Comment

My copy has been dispatched and is due to arrive tomorrow.
            Me too MrB.

I'm really looking forward to reading it. On the basis of Christer's many detailed postings on the matter, I think that this is one book that will have to be read at least twice.

Bang goes my weekend.

Comment

• Mine’s due tomorrow too. I’m just disappointed that there isn’t a pop-up version.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                Mine’s due tomorrow too. I’m just disappointed that there isn’t a pop-up version.
                You’ ll need to settle for the boil-down version, I’ m afraid ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                  Mine’s due tomorrow too. I’m just disappointed that there isn’t a pop-up version.
                  I remember the time when you could buy children's books that were "scratch 'n sniff".

Now there's a thought!

Comment

• Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post

I remember the time when you could buy children's books that were "scratch 'n sniff".

Now there's a thought!

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• My copy has arrived. It’s a nicely-produced book.

I had a quick flick through it and saw mention of fine-toothed saws...

I’ll read it at my leisure, probably over the weekend.

Comment

My copy has arrived. It’s a nicely-produced book.

I had a quick flick through it and saw mention of fine-toothed saws...

I’ll read it at my leisure, probably over the weekend.
                        Me, Iīm going fishing for seatrout in the weekend.

Letīs hope we are both to be congratulated ...!

Comment

• I just received mine too and I echo Gary’s post. A very nicely produced book.
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Well I just finished Cutting Point. The debate on the details will undoubtedly ensue so I’ll just say this. I’m not ‘convinced’ of Lechmere’s guilt (I’m certainly not convinced of anyone’s guilt) but I am now ‘convinced’ that he has to be taken seriously as a suspect; as the ripper and maybe the Torso Killer. I could be wrong. We can all be wrong. Lechmere might be our man though; who knows? Fish piles on the circumstantial evidence without any leaps of faith. It’s conspiracy and Freemason-free. Sadly most ripper books I buy these days I end up wishing that I’d spent the cash on something else but not in this case. Fish has presented the case for Lechmere and he’s done it well.

And he never once uses the phrase ‘Mizen Scam.’

Fish, I take my hat off to you. I’m glad that I bought your book.
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• I’ve just finished it.

As Herlock says, the book is worth buying, even if it doesn’t convince you that Lechmere was the killer. On balance it hasn’t changed my view on that very much either way.

I was pleased to see the 1876 accident being given consideration. But I must say, I was expecting a little more amount Ma Lechmere and Tiger Bay. That aside, though, I wasn’t disappointed.

Congratulations to Christer on providing us with a complete and well-written record of the case against Lechmere as he sees it.
                              Last edited by MrBarnett; 02-21-2021, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• all right mine arrived. grabs popcorn

Comment

Working...
                                X