X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by Zena View Post
    I stepped away from the forums for a few years, just needed a break. Checked in a couple weeks ago and saw that Fisherman's book was released back in February! Sorry to have missed the debut. My copy of Cutting Point arrived today, and I'm looking forward to diving in. Belated Congrats, Fisherman, and hope the book is doing well.

I’ m currently taking a break from Casebook, but I must of course thank you for your kind words! I hope you will enjoy the book, and I too would much appreciate to hear your verdict once you are through it.

Leave a comment:

• Zena
    replied
    Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post

Zena,
    Christer's book proposes the theory that Lechmere was the killer.

Yes, I spent many hours on Fisherman's Lechmere threads for years before I took my break from the forums. Looking forward to reading the book to get all the information laid out in order instead of scattered across threads.

Another book which details all aspects of the killing of Polly Nichols is "Inside Buck's Row" by Steve Blomer.
    It goes into great detail and is a great read, I can recommend it highly.

Details on how to get the ebook are below.

book1 - Copy.png Finally, Released Today. https://paypal.me/bucksrow?locale.x=en_GBWhat really happened in Bucks Row? What were the beats of the Police? Could the killer have escaped easily or not? Was Charles Lechmere really at the eye of the storm according to the evidence? How accurate are the newspaper reports of

I'll check it out. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• barnflatwyngarde
    replied

Will do. It may be a while, though. I have a tendency to read too fast, so I'm going slow with this one hoping to absorb and retain the information better.

Zena,
    Christer's book proposes the theory that Lechmere was the killer.

Another book which details all aspects of the killing of Polly Nichols is "Inside Buck's Row" by Steve Blomer.
    It goes into great detail and is a great read, I can recommend it highly.

Details on how to get the ebook are below.

book1 - Copy.png Finally, Released Today. https://paypal.me/bucksrow?locale.x=en_GBWhat really happened in Bucks Row? What were the beats of the Police? Could the killer have escaped easily or not? Was Charles Lechmere really at the eye of the storm according to the evidence? How accurate are the newspaper reports of

Leave a comment:

• Zena
    replied

I would be glad to know what you think of it.

Post your thoughts when you've finished it.
    Will do. It may be a while, though. I have a tendency to read too fast, so I'm going slow with this one hoping to absorb and retain the information better.

Leave a comment:

• barnflatwyngarde
    replied
    I stepped away from the forums for a few years, just needed a break. Checked in a couple weeks ago and saw that Fisherman's book was released back in February! Sorry to have missed the debut. My copy of Cutting Point arrived today, and I'm looking forward to diving in. Belated Congrats, Fisherman, and hope the book is doing well.

I would be glad to know what you think of it.

Post your thoughts when you've finished it.

Leave a comment:

• Zena
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
    Congratulations, Fisherman. Good luck with it!
    Only just saw this - many thanks, PC!

Leave a comment:

• Pcdunn
    replied
    Congratulations, Fisherman. Good luck with it!

Leave a comment:

• Columbo
    replied
    Originally posted by harry View Post
    I like to see a good con,and this one is good,I hope Fisherman makes a bundle.Not that I am singling him out.I believe every author who has published about the Ripper,had a primary motive of making money,knowing full well they were not going to solve the murders.
    Hello Harry,

I would think any author would like to make money. Most, if not backed by a publisher have to put a lot of financial burdens on themselves.

All JTR books dealing with a particular suspect are going to be theoretical at best. I think “con” is really not the correct word to describe these authors.

I applaud Fisherman for having not only the fortitude to produce a book but I’m also jealous of his talent to do so!

let’s celebrate his accomplishment!

Columbo

Leave a comment:

• Columbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

...and Thank You, Columbo. Welcome back!
    Thank you sir. Just ordered my copy. I hope it’s a rousing success.

Leave a comment:

• Ms Diddles
    replied
    Originally posted by caz View Post

Nicely put, Ms D.

The vast majority of authors on any subject do not write with any expectation of being able to make a living out of it, let alone when it's just one book, and on a subject like Jack the Ripper.

As much as I doubt many readers will have a huge change of mind over Lechmere as a viable ripper suspect, I greatly admire Fisherman's tenacity and sincerity in his beliefs, and the long hours of hard work he will have put in, in the process of getting this book project off the ground. Good for him, if he manages to make a penny more than it has cost him, in time and money, to write. Many don't.

Love,

Caz
    X
    Agreed!

It's no mean feat to publish a book, so any monetary reward (if indeed there is one) is hard earned.

Leave a comment:

• caz
    replied
    Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Hi Harry,

I am certain that there are far easier ways to make a bundle of money.

I have no idea how much one would make from such a venture, but I very much doubt that such a niche book would be highly lucrative.

Personally, I salute Fish (and indeed the other authors on here) for having the courage of their convictions, putting in the leg work to painstakingly research their subject and having the sheer balls to print.

Even if motivations are largely financial (which somehow I doubt in this case), people who succeed in making a living doing something which they love and are genuinely fascinated by, are to be much admired (and perhaps a little bit envied?)in my book!
    Nicely put, Ms D.

The vast majority of authors on any subject do not write with any expectation of being able to make a living out of it, let alone when it's just one book, and on a subject like Jack the Ripper.

As much as I doubt many readers will have a huge change of mind over Lechmere as a viable ripper suspect, I greatly admire Fisherman's tenacity and sincerity in his beliefs, and the long hours of hard work he will have put in, in the process of getting this book project off the ground. Good for him, if he manages to make a penny more than it has cost him, in time and money, to write. Many don't.

Love,

Caz
    X

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied
    Julst taking the time to check in and thank Mr Bundy for his kind words!

Leave a comment:

• harry
    replied
    In addition to the above,what does Fisherman think?Is it that no adverse comment be made?

Leave a comment:

• harry
    replied
    I do not follow him around.The fact we both post on a subject means nothing.He sometimes writes in reply to what I say.Do I claim he is following me around.
    I am not jealous.I am retired with more that enough money i need for a comfortable retirement.As much as he is sincere,so am I.I am stating an opinion,and it is not a myth that people write for money,it's an established fact,especially on JTR.If there is a genuine desire to inform people at large,the internet is a far easier way of doing it.If Fisherman takes it as a personnel attack on himself,I apppologise.Look at the abuse Cornwall received,that Trevor Marriot receives,that other authors have received.Isn't that a violation of rules.
    I expected adverse comment from Abby Normal,he/she is like a lap dog as far as Fisherman is concerned.Had I written about an author not connected to this site,I doubt there would be a word said against me,but it worries me not one bit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X