No announcement yet.

The London of Jack the Ripper - Robert Clack and Philip Hutchinson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, I've tried again to the Lacassagne email address. Hope you get it this time.

Comment

• Philip and I were PMing back & forth about ordering this book, but I haven't heard back from him in a while with a final answer as to how/where I can order it online. Anyone? I'm on a real roll, having just yesterday dashed off orders for "Past Traces" and Chris Scott's "The Ripper In Ramsgate"--I've just got to have this one to pore through as well.
      Help me out guys!

-Jenny

Comment

• I ordered mine via Amazon the UK site. Not sure when it gets a US release.
        The Ripper in Ramsgate is a great read.
        Regards Mike

Comment

• Doesn't Amazon UK ship to the US? I've ordered from the US site with no problems at all so that may be the way to go. Best check with them to be on the safe side.

Rob

Comment

• Hello Robert-Yes, they do ship here (reasonable cost too) and I order from them all the time. Just now got the Then & Now book on the way from them, thanks!

I'd enquired of Philip as I thought maybe he'd prefer selling copies directly himself (as some of my friends who have published books do, when they have copies to hand). I should have gone the direct route and not pestered him. D'oh! Sorry, Philip.

So long as I get it I'm happy. Amazon UK is amazingly fast to Los Angeles.

Comment

• I'm sure Philip wouldn't have minded to much

I posted a copy to the West Coast area on Monday and it cost me about £10 including packaging so it's not cheap, I don't know if Amazon do a better rate.

Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by JennyL View Post
                Amazon UK is amazingly fast to Los Angeles.
                Hopefully faster than they are over here at times.

My sister ordered Robin Odell's 'Ripperology' for me as a Christmas present in November 2006. I got it just before my birthday the following April!

Comment

• just received my copy...

and it's fantastic! Am thrilled with it!

Thanks and well done to Rob and Philip.
                  babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

• Dunno. You can get it for ten-and-a-half quid on Amazon UK.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamWalsh View Post
                      So why is this copy going for £99.99 on ebay?
                      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-London-of-...d=p3286.c0.m14
                      I've just checked into the listing and it's a default sum they put on with new items before they adjust them to the correct price. Daft, I know.

That said, before the 2nd edition came out the only copy you could find online for a while was selling for $175.

PHILIP
                      Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

• Originally posted by JennyL View Post
                        Hello Robert-Yes, they do ship here (reasonable cost too) and I order from them all the time. Just now got the Then & Now book on the way from them, thanks!

I'd enquired of Philip as I thought maybe he'd prefer selling copies directly himself (as some of my friends who have published books do, when they have copies to hand). I should have gone the direct route and not pestered him. D'oh! Sorry, Philip.

So long as I get it I'm happy. Amazon UK is amazingly fast to Los Angeles.
                        Philip is never averse to being 'enquired of'!!!

BTW Frip- Are you toting you and Clacky's latest at the Conf??...Will have to take a few more bottles back to the offie for the deposit if you are!! (Gawd that dates me!!!)

A deposit Sir?....Never mind - It'll brush off!!!- can't remember where that wondrous line came from but it's part of my rather unpleasant single-entendre vocabulary!
                        Last edited by Suzi; 10-10-2009, 12:53 PM.
                        'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

• Okay, maybe a little late but I am so excited over this book!
                          Got the revised edition today and it is an excellent piece of work.
                          The pictures are so clear, the text is kept pleasant to read but covers more than enough for this type of work...
                          ( I wonder why some phrases seem so familiar though - like a voice in my head,.. maybe picked some stuff up past summer during a JtR tour with a certain guide... hmmm )

In all seriousness, in spite of all great books on the subject I bought before, this one really is my favourite buy.
                          Pardon me, I don't speak english!

Comment

• That's what happens when Clacksky and Hutch are on the case.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabrielle View Post
                              Okay, maybe a little late but I am so excited over this book!
                              Got the revised edition today and it is an excellent piece of work.
                              The pictures are so clear, the text is kept pleasant to read but covers more than enough for this type of work...
                              ( I wonder why some phrases seem so familiar though - like a voice in my head,.. maybe picked some stuff up past summer during a JtR tour with a certain guide... hmmm )

In all seriousness, in spite of all great books on the subject I bought before, this one really is my favourite buy.
                              Thanks Gabrielle, the cheque is in the post

Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X