Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    How about simply "The Carman"
    I think Bizet got there first with that one.

Comment

• "A Cross Too Great to Bear"

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
        "A Cross Too Great to Bear"
        "A Bear Too Great to Cross"

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• At one point Cross became bare.

Comment

• Latest news, sport, and things to do for East London and Tower Hamlets, Canary Wharf, Docklands, Bethnal Green and the surrounding London Borough of Tower Hamlets areas from the East London Advertiser.

Ok a few typos and he got my name wrong - but this is the start of the publicity onslaught.

Comment

• If the publisher checks the threads first, he will come up with this...

'Oh yes he did!'

Subtitled

'Oh no he didn't!'

Comment

• Originally posted by Lechmere View Post
                If the publisher checks the threads first, he will come up with this...

'Oh yes he did!'

Subtitled

'Oh no he didn't!'
                ...with the addition "cause he would´ve run".

The best,
                Fisherman

Comment

• Welcome to the club, Ed. I'm resigned to the fact that my name is 'Westcott' as far as most editors are concerned.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.u...eory_1_3848354

Ok a few typos and he got my name wrong - but this is the start of the publicity onslaught.
                    'candidate' ??

Hmm....

Surely by now Crossmere deserves to lose the quotation-marks-signalling-unusual-usage?

Comment

If the publisher checks the threads first, he will come up with this...

'Oh yes he did!'

Subtitled

'Oh no he didn't!'
                      I made mention earlier today of another Charles Cross/Lechmere just to reiterate

Number 1
                      Charles Allen Lechmere B 1849, St Anne's, Soho, son of John Allen Lechmere and Maria Louisa (nee Roulson). In 1858, Charles' mother remarried, to Thomas Cross, a policeman and Charles took his surname. He married Elizabeth Bostock in 1871, and worked as a carman for Pickford's in Broad Street, living at 22 Doveton Street, Cambridge Road, Bethnal Green in 1888. He died in 1920 and was survived by his wife who eventually passed away on 12 September 1940 in Stratford

Number 2
                      Charles Cross B 1855 in Ickworth, Suffolk and he was also apparently a carman in 1881. He resided at 9 Walcot Square, Lambeth in 1881. In 1888 he whereabouts were apparently unknown

How do you know you are pointing the finger at the right man?

Another glaring point that sticks out with this, is that if either Cross had been the killer. I can understand the need to give a false name perhaps and avoid any further police involvement after he walked away.

But Cross must have given a correct address, for him to have been later contacted for the police to tell him the date of the inquest, and furthermore was happy to go to the inquest where he would have been sworn on oath and gave his name as Cross.

Hardly, the actions of a cold blooded killer who did not want to draw un-necessary attention to himself?

Another issue I have with this "suspect," which has been put forward to add more corroboration is that because he lived “near” to the murders and would have had to walk through the murder locations on his way to work it would have been easy for him to kill.

But of course some of the murders took place at weekends, or bank holidays I doubt he would have been working then.

Comment

• Sally
                        I think the quotation marks are appropriate as he is not a candidate - he is the culprit. Case closed.

Comment

• I've made the same point before, Trevor. The evil mastermind that is Crossmere gave a bogus name to the police to throw them off his scent, which then served no purpose as he was still called to the inquest. And like I also said, if you were really desperate to avoid detection, why not give a completely different name, rather than switching surnames?

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                            I've made the same point before, Trevor. The evil mastermind that is Crossmere gave a bogus name to the police to throw them off his scent, which then served no purpose as he was still called to the inquest. And like I also said, if you were really desperate to avoid detection, why not give a completely different name, rather than switching surnames?
                            Harry,

How do you call someone to an inquest if you don't know their name ?

MrB

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                              Harry,

How do you call someone to an inquest if you don't know their name ?

MrB
                              That is the point, he must have given them his name and address, and of course if you go back to the issue we discussed at lengths some time previous on another thread with regards to the taking of statements before an inquest then that must also have been done prior to this inquest.

I cant see a police officer at the scene not wanting to record the details of material witnesses, even those who were in a hurry to get to work !

I cant wait to see how the "experts" deal with these issues

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                                That is the point, he must have given them his name and address, and of course if you go back to the issue we discussed at lengths some time previous on another thread with regards to the taking of statements before an inquest then that must also have been done prior to this inquest.

I cant see a police officer at the scene not wanting to record the details of material witnesses, even those who were in a hurry to get to work !

I cant wait to see how the "experts" deal with these issues
                                Strange that he didn't attend the inquest on the first day if he was known to be the person who had found the body.
                                Last edited by MrBarnett; 11-14-2014, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X