The Missing Evidence - New Ripper Documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lechmere View Post
    Sally - PM me your e-mail address and I will forward a signed photo.
    By the way Channel 5 isn't like the awful commercial the ITV of days past. It isn't nearly so non-U to watch.
    Ta Ed - but I already purchased one from Paddington last week in exchange for a jar of peeless [is that even a word] marmalade - kind of an early birthday present to myself

To be truthful, I did once watch C5; although that was in my UG days when I was young and foolish and still though Pringles were cool.

But in all seriousness - what's this about somebody else writing a Crossmere book? That hardly seems fair, considering that you've done all the hard work. What a scoundrel! I'm sure yours will be better - I look forward to reading it in due course.

Comment

• Soon just everyone will be writing Crossmere books. I expect it will be quite the thing for a season or two. But I can face this situation with a certain unperturbable sang froid.

Comment

Originally I was thinking 'Descent from Hell' but there is a record of that name, so maybe not.
        so...
        'Jack the Ripper - in plain sight'
        'Jack the Ripper - Case Absolutely Closed'.
        'Jack the Ripper - get your trousers on you're nicked'
        Jack the Ripper: Tarpaulin My Arse!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Sally
          But in all seriousness - what's this about somebody else writing a Crossmere book? That hardly seems fair, considering that you've done all the hard work. What a scoundrel! I'm sure yours will be better - I look forward to reading it in due course.
          Yes, somebody named David Git or Gant or something. I looked it up a bit ago. 15 bucks for the kindle edition which is 107 pages. Big rip off. Needless to say, it ain't selling. Strangely, the paperback is 200 pages. Must be padded.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
            Phew.

It would explain why Georgia was a little familiar with the name of Cross, she didn't ask 'who'?

I've been lucky to meet Sue a couple of times, at LMA and in the White Hart last September. She is very nice indeed, not like Ed at all, and of course, she adores me. Says I'm far better than that Scandinavian chap, whoever he is.

Monty
            And to think I had her down as a choosy dame!

I am going to need a new after shave...

Fisherman

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulB View Post
              Sue Lechmere introduced herself to me, but we never had a chance to talk or exchange emails details. As for the TV documentary, I'd like to think it was being watched by interested Ripperologists, but I fear that some may turn into piranhas. Some already have and they haven't even seen the programme yet!
              I anticipated that, Paul and I am cool with it. IŽve got all kinds of rods, nets, hooks and priests back home, and I have already dealt with live piranhas. I was bitten, but got the better of them. If we ever meet, IŽll tell you the whole story; it is rather odd and involves a world record discus thrower.

The best,
              Fisherman

Comment

• If the documentary's about Crossmere, when does the Jack the Ripper stuff come into it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                  Because a major part of your theory is based upon the name thing, and whether the police checked out the man found near Nichols.
                  No, no, no, no - a part is based on it, but not the major part. Besides, they apparently did not check thoroughly enough to get that part right. We only know what we know, but the implications of it are quite clear and unambiguous.

The best,
                  Fisherman

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
                    Im assuming Fisherman that your theory is based on his access and availability for all five Canonicals? Or more than Five? Im not calling you out on this....but if the theory stems from what you believe you see with the Nichols murder, how does that then translate to him being a suspect for Jack the Ripper? Because that's a single one of the Unsolved murders file, its not been determined to be the start of a series of Five.

My hesitation obviously stems from the fact that often purported suspects have a tangential link with one victim, and from that a theory about the suspects probability for the entire alleged series crops up.

If someone is considered a serious contender for a suspect in any one of the Canonical murders, the reality is that unless there is evidence also linking him to another murder, its just a suspect for a standalone murder within the Five.

Solving one of the Canonical Five cases would simply mean we have solved one of the cases, not all of them.

Cheers F
                    Very true! But it would nevertheless mean that we would have bagged a prime suspect for the others. And seriously, much as doubt would always remain, if the Nichols case was to be regarded as solved, the other cases would follow suit in peopleŽs minds generally - right or wrong.

Myself, I would be content to speculate that the same man who killed Nichols killed the others too. Not least on account of the pattern created by LechmereŽs logical routes to work.

The best,
                    Fisherman
                    Last edited by Fisherman; 11-13-2014, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                      What I meant was that when a documentary intrigues me the first thing I do is seek out books on the subject and I start by googling the names of the 'experts' appearing in the doc (am I alone in this?), so it's a shame Ed and Fish don't already have a book out and someone else does. Perhaps Ed could start a facebook page for the show that leads to him before it airs?

Also I should add that I don't know the author of the Lechmere book out now. Couldn't even tell you his name. So I don't know for a fact that Ed and Fish's work influenced his book. I just can't imagine how it didn't.

As for 'piranhas', I don't think Fish has anything to worry about from us. As long as the show entertains then I'm good. If I learn something new than that'll be a plus.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                      YouŽre an Oklahoman, Tom - I see you more like a muskie than a piranha.

The best,
                      Fisherman

Comment

Originally I was thinking 'Descent from Hell' but there is a record of that name, so maybe not.
                        so...
                        'Jack the Ripper - in plain sight'
                        'Jack the Ripper - Case Absolutely Closed'.
                        What about:
                        Jack the Ripper - In the Crosshairs
                        Jack the Ripper - Merely a Lech?
                        Bond. Greg Bond

Comment

• In all seriousness, Ed should consider having 'Jack the Ripper' as the subtitle. Something like Cross Purposes: Jack the Ripper In Plain Sight.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                            If the documentary's about Crossmere, when does the Jack the Ripper stuff come into it?
                            Simultaneously, IŽll have you know.

The best,
                            Fisherman

Comment

• Book Titles

Originally posted by Lechmere View Post
                              so...

I saw an online book title generator. It was for free, random, and intended for Sci Fi and Romance novels, but just for the heck of it I entered:

''Jack the Ripper - Ladies' Man." Good news, it's not taken!

But seriously, don't publishers usually reserve the right to name any book they publish? I believe it was Paul who said that one of his books was given a title by the publisher that he wouldn't haven chosen himself.

Publishers have multiple requirements for book titles. The same title can't be still in print, they don't like it to be too similar to a book title that was used in the past, it can't be too similar to the title of another book in their own catalog, and the clincher- the title has to be approved by their marketing consultants.

Creating book titles would actually be a fun job.

Best regards,
                              Archaic

Comment

• Originally posted by Archaic View Post
                                I saw an online book title generator. It was for free, random, and intended for Sci Fi and Romance novels, but just for the heck of it I entered:

''Jack the Ripper - Ladies' Man." Good news, it's not taken!

But seriously, don't publishers usually reserve the right to name any book they publish? I believe it was Paul who said that one of his books was given a title by the publisher that he wouldn't haven chosen himself.

Publishers have multiple requirements for book titles. The same title can't be still in print, they don't like it to be too similar to a book title that was used in the past, it can't be too similar to the title of another book in their own catalog, and the clincher- the title has to be approved by their marketing consultants.

Creating book titles would actually be a fun job.

Best regards,
                                Archaic
                                Hopefully Ed will self-publish like I did. Then he won't have these headaches and can keep more of the money.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Working...
                                X