The Missing Evidence - New Ripper Documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
    I'm not saying they aren't similar, my title was pre Edwards purchasing the shawl, ergo mine came first.

You believe wrong, I never made such a statement.

I'm just perplexed as to why you've made such an obscure comment.

Monty
    Just for sake of accuracy, Edwards' book was titled 'Hunting Jack the Ripper' before the 'conclusive' DNA find changed things, including the title and marketing. Jack the Riper Decoded appears to be the paperback edition scheduled for summer. At least the last time I looked.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• I hope my eventual publisher doesn't settle on 'Crossing Jack the Ripper', or even 'Leching Jack the Ripper'.
      Then it might be offered as part of a three book deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulB View Post
        Those are very good figures, Tom, and traditional publishers certainly aren't laughing at self-publishing. I haven't taken that route yet. Trevor has, but I doubt he's laughing, his offerings having received some of the worst reviews for a Ripper book that I've seen on Amazon.

Can't you put the other book on the back burner and get on with your Le Grand book?
        Reviews make or break. I didn't appreciate that as much until I published. But it's true. I think Uncle Jack might have Trevor beat for most bad reviews, but I haven't looked at those books in a while.

As for Le Grand, I want to put out a book looking in depth at the murders and investigation first. The idea being that I can then encapsulate all that stuff in the Le Grand book and refer readers to my earlier works if they want more info on that. Also because readers who don't give a hoot about Le Grand don't have to buy a book about him to get my general take on the murders. More and more readers are turning away from suspect books, although I hope that after two books I'll have enough credibility with readers that they'll take a look.

Following my three Ripper books (the word 'trilogy' has been ruined by Hollywood) I might try my hand with doing a co-authored book. Maybe I'll even co-author a book with Trevor, but that all depends upon whether or not Simon is available to write Trevor's half.

Throughout all this I'm going to force myself to get some fiction writing out there.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Maybe was just something like this:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	665808

Comment

• Originally posted by Lechmere View Post
            I hope my eventual publisher doesn't settle on 'Crossing Jack the Ripper', or even 'Leching Jack the Ripper'.
            Then it might be offered as part of a three book deal.
            If you plan on going with a publisher your book won't be out for two or three years. And it will be in precious few book stores, if any. Just an FYI.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Hi Tom,

Ooh! Ouch!

Regards,

Simon
              Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                Hi Tom,

Ooh! Ouch!

Regards,

Simon
                LOL.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Actually on Monty's Amazon link there is this:

Frequently Bought Together
                  Buy this with Naming Jack the Ripper: New Crime Scene Evidence, A Stunning Forensic Breakthrough, The Killer Revealed (Hardcover) today
                  Buy Together Today: £24.59
                  Total RRP: £36.99
                  You Save: £12.40 (34%)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lechmere View Post
                    Actually on Monty's Amazon link there is this:

Frequently Bought Together
                    Buy this with Naming Jack the Ripper: New Crime Scene Evidence, A Stunning Forensic Breakthrough, The Killer Revealed (Hardcover) today
                    Buy Together Today: £24.59
                    Total RRP: £36.99
                    You Save: £12.40 (34%)
                    These change all the time. My book's been coupled with Monty's, Edwards', even Covell's Annie Chapman book once. Earlier in the year it was Forgotten Victim. Also a few Ripper-related fiction works.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Just echo what some others have said, I'm looking forward to seeing the doco.

As for book titles: "What The Bucks Going On?"
                      dustymiller
                      aka drstrange

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                        These change all the time. My book's been coupled with Monty's, Edwards', even Covell's Annie Chapman book once. Earlier in the year it was Forgotten Victim. Also a few Ripper-related fiction works.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                        Indeed Tom,

Its something I have no control over, however its being portrayed as such.

Just found it an out of the blue comment really, well, whatever, nevermind.

Monty
                        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                          Aggro? Not at all. I wrote my book in Word. Createspace tells you how to get it right for paperback. I then paid a guy $40 to set it up for Kindle and paid another guy $120 to do the cover. That's pretty much all my out of pocket expense to get it published.
                          Yeah, Tom, but what about the limousines, makeover and new wardrobe for doing the rounds of all the talk shows, and the personal bodyguards?

Bet that cost you a pretty penny.

Best regards,
                          Archaic

Comment

• Monty
                            It was a mild joke that didn't contain any suggestion that you had any involvement.

Comment

• Hi lech
                              How about simply "The Carman"

Simple, mysterious , to the point

Comment

• Originally posted by Archaic View Post
                                Yeah, Tom, but what about the limousines, makeover and new wardrobe for doing the rounds of all the talk shows, and the personal bodyguards?

Bet that cost you a pretty penny.

Best regards,
                                Archaic
                                Up to this point I've kept my media marketing to podcasts. I have a great face for radio.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Working...
                                X