Who Was Anderson’s Witness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post

What would be your estimation of the probability of someone going there and drinking six pints of bitter?
    Well, I'm not sure about bitter specifically, but as long as there's beer available I'd have to say it's a possibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Well, I'm not sure about bitter specifically, but as long as there's beer available I'd have to say it's a possibility.
      And what is your estimation of the probability of Lawende's being able to describe the suspect's headwear, jacket, neckerchief and moustache, and estimate his height and age, from a distance of three yards, after having drunk six pints of beer?

Comment

If you went to a Kosher restaurant, you would not see people drinking pints of beer.

I was simply responding to the above.

You stated that if Herlock went to a kosher restaurant he would not see people drinking beer.

I'm saying there's every possibility that he would.

As to how six pints would have affected Lawendes ability to accurately describe the appearance of the suspect, there's no way of knowing that.

It would depend on how well he could handle his booze, how quickly or slowly he had consumed his six pints. whether he had eaten and so on.

It's impossible to say!

Comment

And what is your estimation of the probability of Lawende's being able to describe the suspect's headwear, jacket, neckerchief and moustache, and estimate his height and age, from a distance of three yards, after having drunk six pints of beer?

You don’t become blind and incoherent after 6 pints unless you have extremely low tolerance levels. But as an police officer will tell you, alcohol impairs judgment to some extent. You don’t have to be paralytic.
          PI, you keep repeating ‘6 pints’ as if I’d specifically claimed that he’d drunk exactly six pints when I haven’t. All I said was that he could have had 6 pints for all that we know. He could have had 2 pints. He could have had 3 or 4 glasses of whisky. He could have had no alcohol. He could have had 10 pints. We don’t know. And you can’t possibly know that he hadn’t been drinking so why are you pursuing this minor point? It’s as if you just can’t allow another poster to make a point without feeling compelled to try a ‘prove’ it wrong.

All that I said was that Lawende had just come out of a club and so the possibility exists that he might have had a drink and that this might in some way have affected his judgment. I can’t for the life of me understand why you feel the need to challenge this innocuous point?
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

You stated that if Herlock went to a kosher restaurant he would not see people drinking beer.

As to how six pints would have affected Lawendes ability to accurately describe the appearance of the suspect, there's no way of knowing that.

It would depend on how well he could handle his booze, how quickly or slowly he had consumed his six pints. whether he had eaten and so on.

It's impossible to say!

Exactly
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Ive seen a mate of mine do a 100 break at snooker after 8 or 9 pints. I used to play a bit of darts in my younger days and I’ve won games after 6 or 7 pints. I’ve also managed to play a half decent game of chess after all-day drinking at a barbecue but it doesn’t mean that I was in a fit state to drive home though.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• I'd swear we've been talking about this very thing on another thread!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• This is difficult to believe, but I think I've just spent ages reading through a desperate attempt to disprove something which was never claimed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctored Whatsit View Post
                    This is difficult to believe, but I think I've just spent ages reading through a desperate attempt to disprove something which was never claimed!
                    And all because I mentioned that Lawende had just left a club and so the possibility exists that he might have had alcohol which might have affected his judgment or his memory of the previous evening . It appears that certain people have a need to debate or disprove every single innocuous point. You’d have thought that I’d suggested that Lawende’s line of sight might have been obscured by a passing elephant.
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

It's impossible to say!

Ill drink to that! : )

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

And all because I mentioned that Lawende had just left a club and so the possibility exists that he might have had alcohol which might have affected his judgment or his memory of the previous evening . It appears that certain people have a need to debate or disprove every single innocuous point. You’d have thought that I’d suggested that Lawende’s line of sight might have been obscured by a passing elephant.
                        We all know it was an aardvark.

- Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffHamm View Post

- Jeff
                          I’d forgotten about the aardvark Jeff. I hope that you’ve been diligently researching the theory?
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

I’d forgotten about the aardvark Jeff. I hope that you’ve been diligently researching the theory?
                            Indeed. Have a few publishers lined up already. ha ha

- Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffHamm View Post

- Jeff
                              You will be the very first entry in the next edition of Jack the Ripper A-Z when it's published in 2035.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post

You will be the very first entry in the next edition of Jack the Ripper A-Z when it's published in 2035.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                                My job is done!

- Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                X