The Paris Torso Mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Charlie View Post

I confirm that Paul-Charles Ferdinand (also known as Antoine Vincenzini) was born in 1882, so he was indeed 28 years old at the time of the Parisian crime in 1910. Therefore, he could not have committed either the Montrouge crime in 1886 or the Rue Botzaris crime in 1892.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sans titre.jpg Views:	20 Size:	92.0 KB ID:	829021
    Hi Charlie

Thankyou so much for your reply and confirmation of that data.

I have spent some time reading up on the 1910 case and had initially found Charles Ferdinand, but then subsequently discovered his first name was actually Paul.

I find the idea that he confessed after the police found the key to the victims room in the drawer of his own room very interesting.
    He initially denied all involvement but then confessed after the police found that room key.

At least we know conclusively that he couldnt have committed the Rue Botzaris murder or the Montrouge murder due to his age.

It does highlight that even though there the 1910 and 1892 dismemberment murders were committed in the same area of Paris, that there can be DIFFERENT culprits.

That may also be applicable to the Torso killings in London.

I have found something rather fascinating that nobody has discovered before...

I was going to start a new thread based on something I found, but I may post on here as it concerns the 1910 Paris torso killing.

RD
    Last edited by The Rookie Detective; 01-17-2024, 07:59 PM.
    "Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

• You have the art of teasing, dear DR!
      I can't wait to learn more about your discovery.
      ​Charlie
      “There had been a madness of murder in the air. Some red star had come too close to the earth…”
      Oscar Wilde, The Portrait of Dorian Gray

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlie View Post
        You have the art of teasing, dear DR!
        I can't wait to learn more about your discovery.
        ​Charlie
        Charlie, I have just started a New Thread after all so as not to go off topic on your thread here.

Although that said, they are linked.

The new thread... "Bachert NEW timeline evidence...and a confession"

I have discovered that BEFORE Ferdinand confessed to the murder of Vandamme, a suspect in the Ripper case also made that claim...

Albert Bachert aka Albert Behaut confessed to the murder in March 1910 shortly after the killing.

It has been a mystery for decades as to where Bachert went...and I found he went to Paris... but then confessed to dismembering a prostitute.

Does that increase his likelihood of him having been Jack the Ripper?

I love this stuff ha ha

RD

Comment

• Originally posted by Debra A View Post

Hi RD
          I hope you will place a link to your findings here. I have terrible trouble finding new posts on Casebook, especially those that appear in threads that have no title on the main menu, which includes the Paris torso thread and the torso/ripper link thread. I never had these kinds of problems navigating Casebook until a couple of years ago, now I find it a nightmare. I know I'm getting older but I'm not completely senile yet but I feel it whenever I visit Casebook!

…apologies for going off topic but it's not really off topic because it concerns how many people can easily access these posts I guess...gawd I AM old, I'm rambling on now.
          Hi Debra

Thank you kindly for your post.

I have discovered that Albert Bachert moved to Paris...and in 1910 he confessed to the murder, mutilation, and dismemberment of an 18 year old prostitute named Elisa Vandamme.

He went by the name of Albert Behaut

He jumped into the river Seine to "try" and commit suicide, but was saved and a note was found in his pocket.

He then openly confessed.

BUT... a few months later a man named Paul Charles Ferdinand (thanks to Charlie for confirming his name) also confessed and he was convicted of the murder instead.

But was Ferdinand wrongfully convicted?

So my question is...WHY did Bachert confess to the murder?

Was he up to his old fantasizing tricks again to get attention?

Or, by making such a confession, does it now promote him to being an actual official suspect in the Jack the Ripper killings? Bearing in mind that I believe the Paris murders and Ripper killings were linked.

I started a new thread entitled "Bachert NEW timeline evidence...and a confession..."

Please check it out and give me feedback.

kindest regards

RD

Comment

• I give you Mr Albert Behaut... (Bachert)...

*I posted this on the new thread

Click image for larger version

Name:	Daily_Mirror_17_March_1910_0005_Clip.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	829047
            Interesting...

RD

Comment

• Charlie, this photo of Behaut is from March 1910 but published in an English newspaper
              ​​​​​

It seems to be Behaut's only appearance in an English newspaper.

I was therefore wondering if you were able to work your magic and look into the French Newspapers and look for Behaut?

We are looking at March 1910 initially.

I bet you he appears in the French Newspapers, especially the Parisian publications.

The French newspapers will either support my claim that he's Bachert, or confirm I am talking twaddle and have made a gross error.

I am confident that I am correct though and am predicting that Behaut turns out to be Bachert and that I have finally discovered what happened to him.

I have no access to the French newspapers, neither am I able to translate, and so I am at a standstill with my findings on Behaut.

Are you able to take this to the next step and find Behaut in the French publications?

Kindest regards

RD
              ​​

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post
                Charlie, this photo of Behaut is from March 1910 but published in an English newspaper
                ​​​​​
                It seems to be Behaut's only appearance in an English newspaper.
                I was therefore wondering if you were able to work your magic and look into the French Newspapers and look for Behaut?
                We are looking at March 1910 initially.
                I bet you he appears in the French Newspapers, especially the Parisian publications.
                The French newspapers will either support my claim that he's Bachert, or confirm I am talking twaddle and have made a gross error.
                I am confident that I am correct though and am predicting that Behaut turns out to be Bachert and that I have finally discovered what happened to him.
                I have no access to the French newspapers, neither am I able to translate, and so I am at a standstill with my findings on Behaut.
                Are you able to take this to the next step and find Behaut in the French publications?
                Kindest regards
                RD
                ​​
                Hello RD,

I had already started searching on the Gallica website of the Bibliothèque nationale de France yesterday, which has digitized a vast amount of 19th-century newspapers. I also checked RetroNews, a press archives site. I just repeated my search, but unfortunately, I can't find any mention anywhere of an Albert Behaut in the French press.

I tried "Behault," "Behaud," "Behaux" just in case there was a typo in your English article, but found nothing.
                I'll try another way.

Charlie
                “There had been a madness of murder in the air. Some red star had come too close to the earth…”
                Oscar Wilde, The Portrait of Dorian Gray

Comment

• Hi Charlie

Absolutely brilliant!

I appreciate you working with me on this, as my capabilities as a researcher are very much limited in comparison to yours and so I am very grateful for your input and guidance.

My hypothesis is dead in the water without your help.

I noticed there were also the names "Brehaut" and "Berhaut" that could be possibilities.

I think it's almost certain that Behaut is a mis-spelling.

It would ironic if it was actually Bachert or Backert and his name had been in the French press all this time without anyone having made the connection before.

ha ha

RD

Comment

Working...
                  X