• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Natasha View Post
    Hi Wickerman

I was just going on what I read on the witness page under John McCarthy

You're right this case is a difficult one
    The witness, John McCarthy, did give his occupation as Grocer, but whether this was generic or specific, who can tell.
    John'ny 'Dieppe' ? - possibly.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

G'day Jon

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
      Hi Gut.
      There were three McCarthy's living at No. 27, but to keep things simple, the third one was named Daniel.

There wasn't a lot between their ages, brothers perhaps?
      Yes I left Daniel out he, as I understand it was the landlords son.

I thought more likely cousins than brothers.

My main thought was that if Marie Jeanette had been to France with the one who was born in France and he was the cousin of the landlord it makes the arrears more explicable.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
        Yes I left Daniel out he, as I understand it was the landlords son.

I thought more likely cousins than brothers.

My main thought was that if Marie Jeanette had been to France with the one who was born in France and he was the cousin of the landlord it makes the arrears more explicable.
        I believe this connection to France occurred when Kelly was in the West-End, possibly living with the Morganstern's in Fulham, sometime between 1884-86?
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
          I believe this connection to France occurred when Kelly was in the West-End, possibly living with the Morganstern's in Fulham, sometime between 1884-86?
          Yes Jon that's as I understand it but where were the two Johns at that time.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Never noticed the McCarthy link to Dieppe before or if i had,i'd forgotten.
            Never ceases to amaze me the coincidences in this case,Dieppe-Sickerts second home.Could he have possibly have known McCarthy,could this explain his fascination with the case and the postcard sent to Mrs McCarthy.
            I'm sure some of the coincidences in JTR would astonish statisticians.
            Eddowes using the name Mary Kelly,next death Mary Kelly.Lottery winning odds on that one.
            And Natasha if i were looking for the real Mary Kelly to reappear somewhere else after Millers Court....Dieppe would be a starting point.
            Didn't Sickert have a redhead housekeeper in Dieppe,a Mrs.Barrett ?
            All the best
            You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

I've always understood that "our" McCarthy was the one born in France...could his dad have been one of Brassey's navvies?

All the best

Dave

Comment

Working...
              X