Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is that MJK's leg bone in the crime scene photo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

Yup, Simon: "the eyes were the only vestiges of humanity". It seems obvious that they were there and open in that hideous mess the killer had produced. Which brings us to the question how they stayed untouched as the lawnmower moved over her face. I know Gareth Williams suggested that the eyes were set in cavities, and so they stayed unharmed for that reason. But if the killer was really intent on destroying Kelly´s face, I, d say that is not a very likely thing at all. And therefore, the conclusion must - oddly enough - be that the killer had no such intention.

Which is what I have been saying for the longest time now.
    He had no intention on destroying her face do you mean? Could you elaborate? Sorry if I've if read you wrongly, I'd be interested to hear more.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post

The jury visited the mortuary, Shoreditch Church.

The jury next moved on to Room 13 Millers Court, and then back to Shoreditch Town Hall.

Simon
      There was considerable controversy over the inquest being held in Shoreditch and Dr.Macdonald's handling of it.
      Only the quick burial by the sexton averted a second.

Henry Gawen Sutton was the Vestry Board's Medical Officer since Mary Ann Kelly was a young girl.
      Same guy that treated Nichols and Eddowes for Rheumatic fever in 1867.
      Incidentally, also willing to bet his reputation on the "From Hell" kidney according to Henry Smith.
      Chest/TB expert.Chapman.
      Expert on Stride's hemorrhagic lower lip.

Thomas Stevenson had also been on the board.

Sutton was best known as a pathologist at London Hospital,near Nichol's murder.

PS.How's the Prayer Book Revolution book coming along?
      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Hi DJA,

The Prayer Book Rebellion of 1549 is coming along slowly but surely.

It's much harder than I ever imagined.

Stay safe.

Simon
        Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Originally posted by Curious Cat View Post
          TheTypeWriter

I think it would have been better to have had that close up image of Mary Kelly's face linked so it opened in another window rather than embedded in your post. Or at least a bigger gap to indicate what was coming. Scrolling by that earlier without warning was a bit much.
          looney toons-scaredy cat - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
            Same guy that treated Nichols and Eddowes for Rheumatic fever in 1867.
            This would be quite remarkable, if true. Are you sure it isn't by inference?

Comment

Hi Scott,

If you mean by evidence and reasoning ..... yep!

Explains Nichols move next door to Eddowes,who then went hopping.

Bingo! First murder. Close to London Hospital.

Eddowes returns for a reward.

They knew each other ..... as Sutton's patients.

Look at the expertise evidenced in Mitre Square.

Also the instrument inferred by Dr Phillips in Chapman's Inquest.

Phillips knew Sutton. A map shows Sutton's route home from London Hospital. Took him past Phillip's house on his way home to Finsbury Square in the 1860/70s.

Even more OT is the link between Primrose Street and Hutchinson.
              Last edited by DJA; 08-02-2020, 06:41 AM.

Comment

That's weird nobody put him in the list of suspects

Comment

Originally posted by TheTypeWriter View Post

He had no intention on destroying her face do you mean? Could you elaborate? Sorry if I've if read you wrongly, I'd be interested to hear more.
                  I don´t regard the Kelly murder - or indeed any of the murders, regardless if they were Ripper murders or Thames Torso murders - as led on by a will to destroy. Nor do I necessarily see any hatred of women on the whole or of the various victims. If we ask ourselves "but surely it was just a fluke that Kellys eyes were not destroyed alongside the rest of the face?", all we have to do is to turn to Eddowes, where they eyelids, both of them are recorded to have been nicked, but where there is no record of the eyes having suffered any damage.

We have a killer who cuts carefully and meticulously when it comes to the eyes. If we dare to think that the same man also cut away the face from the 1873 torso victim, the picture becomes even clearer - here, the face was carefully removed from the underlying structures, even together with the eyelashes.

We don´t have the skull, it was never found. But my guess is that the eyes on it were left unharmed, because that was what this killer did.

Not that it touches on Kelly´s femur, though, so we may want to leave the topic for now.

Comment

Re cuts to Eddowes' eyes.

Xanthelasma - Wikipedia

The serology of the Addison‐Gull syndrome - Reuben - 2003 - Hepatology - Wiley Online Library

Sir William Withey Gull, 1st Baronet | English physician | Britannica

Henry Gawen Sutton - Wikipedia

Comment

Originally posted by E.J.H. View Post
                      That's weird nobody put him in the list of suspects
                      That's because he's Dave's suspect, and Dave's alone.

The Mitre Square reference he makes is genuinely interesting, look up Sutton's obituary in the BMJ, and you'll find what can only be described as the only on paper explanation for how the killer did what he did in the near total darkness, so quickly that night.

Fascinating character Sutton, certainly ticks a few boxes.
                      Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

That's because he's Dave's suspect, and Dave's alone.

The Mitre Square reference he makes is genuinely interesting, look up Sutton's obituary in the BMJ, and you'll find what can only be described as the only on paper explanation for how the killer did what he did in the near total darkness, so quickly that night.

Fascinating character Sutton, certainly ticks a few boxes.
                        Too bad you have to pay to read his obituary, but he's certainly a person of interest.

Comment

Originally posted by E.J.H. View Post

Too bad you have to pay to read his obituary, but he's certainly a person of interest.

Here you go.
                          Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Thank you very much! That's quite an eulogy...

Comment

I couldn't upload it here, but here is a rotated and cropped copy with the facial structure more upright, it alludes, i think, a bit easier as to where things have gone.

Comment

Thanks, it's even more impressive with a rotation... do you think she has a piece of fabric stuck on the face, as well as hair? I still don't recognize nose and eyes, perhaps lips?

Comment

Working...
                                X