Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is that MJK's leg bone in the crime scene photo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losmandris
    replied
    Originally posted by Harry D View Post

Yeah, there's a weird cracked eggshell effect on her face. I don't know if it's hair, damage, photo quality or image processing.
    Would be interesting to find out what/which? Any photo experts out there?

Tristan

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by Harry D View Post

Yeah, there's a weird cracked eggshell effect on her face. I don't know if it's hair, damage, photo quality or image processing.
    probably a bit of all of it with perhaps veins thrown in

Leave a comment:

• Prosector
    replied
    Yes - it appears to be the lower part of her right femur from which the quadriceps muscle has been cut away. If skeletal remains are ever recovered in an exhumation there should be knife marks on that bone and also, probably on the bodies of the 5th and 6th cervical vertebra which Thomas Bond's autopsy report noted as having been deeply notched when her throat was cut. There would also be knife marks on the maxillary bones of the skull from the excision of most of her face.

Prosector

Leave a comment:

• Harry D
    replied
    Originally posted by Losmandris View Post

I always wonder if what look like cracks on her face are part of the damage done or a part of the image itself? I think I can make out a closed eye in the upper left part of the face but that is it. The lower half is a complete mystery.

Tristan

Leave a comment:

• Losmandris
    replied
    Originally posted by E.J.H. View Post
    Thanks, it's even more impressive with a rotation... do you think she has a piece of fabric stuck on the face, as well as hair? I still don't recognize nose and eyes, perhaps lips?
    I always wonder if what look like cracks on her face are part of the damage done or a part of the image itself? I think I can make out a closed eye in the upper left part of the face but that is it. The lower half is a complete mystery.

Tristan

Leave a comment:

• E.J.H.
    replied
    Thanks, it's even more impressive with a rotation... do you think she has a piece of fabric stuck on the face, as well as hair? I still don't recognize nose and eyes, perhaps lips?

Leave a comment:

• Takod
    replied
    I couldn't upload it here, but here is a rotated and cropped copy with the facial structure more upright, it alludes, i think, a bit easier as to where things have gone.
    https://i.imgur.com/xwkguTu.jpg

Leave a comment:

• E.J.H.
    replied
    Thank you very much! That's quite an eulogy...

Leave a comment:

• Al Bundy's Eyes
    replied

Too bad you have to pay to read his obituary, but he's certainly a person of interest.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...273228/?page=1

Here you go.

Leave a comment:

• E.J.H.
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

That's because he's Dave's suspect, and Dave's alone.

The Mitre Square reference he makes is genuinely interesting, look up Sutton's obituary in the BMJ, and you'll find what can only be described as the only on paper explanation for how the killer did what he did in the near total darkness, so quickly that night.

Fascinating character Sutton, certainly ticks a few boxes.
    Too bad you have to pay to read his obituary, but he's certainly a person of interest.

Leave a comment:

• Al Bundy's Eyes
    replied
    That's weird nobody put him in the list of suspects
    That's because he's Dave's suspect, and Dave's alone.

The Mitre Square reference he makes is genuinely interesting, look up Sutton's obituary in the BMJ, and you'll find what can only be described as the only on paper explanation for how the killer did what he did in the near total darkness, so quickly that night.

Fascinating character Sutton, certainly ticks a few boxes.

Leave a comment:

• DJA
    replied
    Re cuts to Eddowes' eyes.

Xanthelasma - Wikipedia

The serology of the Addison‐Gull syndrome - Reuben - 2003 - Hepatology - Wiley Online Library

Sir William Withey Gull, 1st Baronet | English physician | Britannica

Henry Gawen Sutton - Wikipedia

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by TheTypeWriter View Post

He had no intention on destroying her face do you mean? Could you elaborate? Sorry if I've if read you wrongly, I'd be interested to hear more.
    I donīt regard the Kelly murder - or indeed any of the murders, regardless if they were Ripper murders or Thames Torso murders - as led on by a will to destroy. Nor do I necessarily see any hatred of women on the whole or of the various victims. If we ask ourselves "but surely it was just a fluke that Kellys eyes were not destroyed alongside the rest of the face?", all we have to do is to turn to Eddowes, where they eyelids, both of them are recorded to have been nicked, but where there is no record of the eyes having suffered any damage.

We have a killer who cuts carefully and meticulously when it comes to the eyes. If we dare to think that the same man also cut away the face from the 1873 torso victim, the picture becomes even clearer - here, the face was carefully removed from the underlying structures, even together with the eyelashes.

We donīt have the skull, it was never found. But my guess is that the eyes on it were left unharmed, because that was what this killer did.

Not that it touches on Kellyīs femur, though, so we may want to leave the topic for now.

Leave a comment:

• E.J.H.
    replied
    That's weird nobody put him in the list of suspects

Leave a comment:

• DJA
    replied
    Hi Scott,

If you mean by evidence and reasoning ..... yep!

Explains Nichols move next door to Eddowes,who then went hopping.

Bingo! First murder. Close to London Hospital.

Eddowes returns for a reward.

They knew each other ..... as Sutton's patients.

Look at the expertise evidenced in Mitre Square.

Also the instrument inferred by Dr Phillips in Chapman's Inquest.

Phillips knew Sutton. A map shows Sutton's route home from London Hospital. Took him past Phillip's house on his way home to Finsbury Square in the 1860/70s.

Even more OT is the link between Primrose Street and Hutchinson.
    Last edited by DJA; 08-02-2020, 06:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X